comfort food

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Boogalette

comfort food

Post by Boogalette »

I like to cook and I`m pretty good at it, well, good enough for my family! LOL

I usually go all out for meals, but not tonight.

Simple fare this evening.

Pork chops, with rice and cream of mushroom soup! I added some spinach to the rice, which I`ll do again.

It`s been a chilly day and this hits the spot.

What is your favorite comfort food?
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.~ De Seuss
Snowfire

comfort food

Post by Snowfire »

I think my wife's Lamb stew and dumplings. It has strong powers of warmth and comfort when the evenings start drawing in a lot earlier. I can't ever remember not having a second bowl. Sometimes even a third
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Boogalette

comfort food

Post by Boogalette »

love love love stew.

It just fills the entire home up with comfort while it cooks.

Make sure to tell your wife that you love it. ;)
chonsigirl

comfort food

Post by chonsigirl »

Chocolate. :)
Boogalette

comfort food

Post by Boogalette »

chonsigirl, I`m craving chocolate right now, and we have nothing in the house. I bought the wrong kind of flour today or I`d be making cc cookies right now.

i hear ya....
chonsigirl

comfort food

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, chocolate chip cookies are great comfort food.
Boogalette

comfort food

Post by Boogalette »

chonsigirl;1340856 wrote: Oh, chocolate chip cookies are great comfort food.

it`s one of my fav comfort foods....:)
Kathy Ellen

comfort food

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Good thread:-6

My comfort food is spaghetti or penne ala vodka, with homemade arriabiata sauce, broccoli and lots of garlic bread and also sausage, peppers and onions with arriabiata sauce.

Or, a dish I concocted and cook during the long, winter months, that I call 'Chicken Comfort.' It's 'kinda like' a goulash.

I bake breaded chicken cutlets with bananas and apples and fresh herbs like rosemary, oregano and thyme. Then I cube them and add to a large pot. I'll add whatever I have in my cupboards and fridge...such as sweet and hot peppers, sweet onions, veggies, lots of spices, and of course...spuds...any kind..boiled, mashed, home fries, french fries....To that, I'll add lots of roasted chicken gravy. This dish freezes well for 2 months or so.

My 3rd comfort food is tortellini with pesto sauce, walnuts and sundried tommos soaked in extra virgin olive oil. This dish also freezes well.
Boogalette

comfort food

Post by Boogalette »

Kathy Ellen;1340865 wrote: Good thread:-6

My comfort food is spaghetti or penne ala vodka, with homemade arriabiata sauce, broccoli and lots of garlic bread and also sausage, peppers and onions with arriabiata sauce.

Or, a dish I concocted and cook during the long, winter months, that I call 'Chicken Comfort.' It's 'kinda like' a goulash.

I bake breaded chicken cutlets with bananas and apples and fresh herbs like rosemary, oregano and thyme. Then I cube them and add to a large pot. I'll add whatever I have in my cupboards and fridge...such as sweet and hot peppers, sweet onions, veggies, lots of spices, and of course...spuds...any kind..boiled, mashed, home fries, french fries....To that, I'll add lots of roasted chicken gravy. This dish freezes well for 2 months or so.

My 3rd comfort food is tortellini with pesto sauce, walnuts and sundried tommos soaked in extra virgin olive oil. This dish also freezes well.

your goulash sounds very interesting, I have to say. I agree with spaghetti as well. And pesto sauce rawks...
Oscar Namechange

comfort food

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Snowfire;1340846 wrote: I think my wife's Lamb stew and dumplings. It has strong powers of warmth and comfort when the evenings start drawing in a lot earlier. I can't ever remember not having a second bowl. Sometimes even a third I love Lamb stew with mashed spuds and carrots.

Comfort food takes me back to when I was a small child and the things my Mother did for me when I got sick. If I am a bit down I resort to those Comfort foods like soft boiled eggs with bread soldiers or Creamy Tomatoe soup, runny Omelette or Shephers Pie. I eat them and I can almost hear her saying 'NO.... You are going to school tomorrow'.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
sparkey

comfort food

Post by sparkey »

This thread is making me sooooo hungry. But my favorite comfort food is fried chicken and mashed potatoes. It tastes terrific, but the smells from the kitchen whilst it's being cooked just add to the experiance mmmmmmmmm!!!!
along-for-the-ride

comfort food

Post by along-for-the-ride »

My favorite comfort food has always been spaghetti. Add garlic bread and a tossed salad. Heaven!
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Boogalette

comfort food

Post by Boogalette »

oscar;1340873 wrote: I love Lamb stew with mashed spuds and carrots.

Comfort food takes me back to when I was a small child and the things my Mother did for me when I got sick. If I am a bit down I resort to those Comfort foods like soft boiled eggs with bread soldiers or Creamy Tomatoe soup, runny Omelette or Shephers Pie. I eat them and I can almost hear her saying 'NO.... You are going to school tomorrow'.

heehee, I can hear your mom saying that as well! LOL

Tomato soup, that is another one. But you`re right, comfort when you are safe and cozy, warm and loved...that is what comfort food is to me. that is what it takes me back to.
Boogalette

comfort food

Post by Boogalette »

sparkey;1340933 wrote: This thread is making me sooooo hungry. But my favorite comfort food is fried chicken and mashed potatoes. It tastes terrific, but the smells from the kitchen whilst it's being cooked just add to the experiance mmmmmmmmm!!!!

love love love mashed potatoes and gravy!

and I`m getting hungry too!
Boogalette

comfort food

Post by Boogalette »

along-for-the-ride;1341051 wrote: My favorite comfort food has always been spaghetti. Add garlic bread and a tossed salad. Heaven!

Spaghetti is one of those meals that we have weekly, so I think that iit might be a comfort food here too!
Oscar Namechange

comfort food

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Boogalette;1341059 wrote: heehee, I can hear your mom saying that as well! LOL

Tomato soup, that is another one. But you`re right, comfort when you are safe and cozy, warm and loved...that is what comfort food is to me. that is what it takes me back to.
Some-thing else my Mother made me when I was sick as a child was toasted Cheese but she mixed the grated Cheese first In a bowl with a huge dollop of mustard... My God, that cleared the sinuses.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “The Kitchen”