A friend of mine has been murdered.

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

I havn't posted much in the last few days, A friend from my home town, who I knew through music and playing together has been murdered in Prague in the Czech Republic, he was over on a short stay and when out on the town he became seperated from his friend. His friend (who I also know) started to get worried when he didn't show up the next day. The police were called and he was found in a Czech hospital in a coma, a taxi driver had brought him in after he was mugged. They switched off his life support today, he is being brought back to Ireland after an autopsy and all that. Then I suppose there will be a local murder investigation, but seeing as he was a tourist who had only been there a few days and knew no-one I don't know what will happen there. I am at somewhat of a loss to say anything, I'm posting in the forum because its easier than having to talk to the people here where I live. Its ironic that about 3 days ago I was giving advice to someone here who's close relative was mudered and then 3 days later I'm talking about Fergal in the past tense. I really don't know what to say about it, but I am fine, it will just take some time to sink in. What an appalling thing for his family to have to deal with, I'm just at a loss to know what to think.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

jesus, i am so sorry Gal
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh Galbally, we are sorry for your loss. What a horrible thing to happen to someone so young. You know we all love you, and are here for you. We shall be praying for his family and you.

A death in that way is very hard to fathom, my beloved brother-in-law was murdered-if you ever want to talk about it one day in the future, let me know. Just take care of yourself and be there for the family, strong man that you are.

:-4
Bez

Post by Bez »

Gally...my heart goes out to you and his friends and family....such shocking circumstances. I wish I could come and give you a big hug !!!

:-4
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
CountryDweller

Post by CountryDweller »

Am so sorry to hear your news. My prayers are with you and his family.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Gally.. how tragic and sad your in my thoughts and prayers...:-1
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

StupidCowboyTricks

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

This is really terrible news and you can't stop thinking about it can you? I'm so sorry for your loss Gally. Take care.
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Oh Galbally how awful for you! A friend of mine once had a friend who was shot, along with her whole family, by her father! Understandably, my friend was in total shock! I think the best you can do is be there for his family and have someone to be there for you. Words can be meaningless, but give them a hug, it says it all, and get someone to hug you, it helps. God Bless, you'll all be in my thoughts and prayers.
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

You are in my prayers GAL......Please take care and we are all here for you!! :-4 BIG HUGS FROM THE STATES!:-4

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
abbey

Post by abbey »

I am so sorry for your loss Gal, my thoughts are with you.

Lets just hope they catch that murdering B.. XOXO
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Thank you everyone, its good to hear kind words. I don't feel too bad myself, though I'm a bit shaken, and some of my friends who knew Fergal even better than I did are in bits, and as for his family, well I don't know what they must be going through. Actually my uncle was shot and killed in a stupid hunting accident in Co. Wicklow in 1993, and its a bit the same with this though not as hard on my family personally, just a bit bewildering and terribly sad. Anyway, I do really appreciate everyone being kind, the people on forum garden are a really decent bunch I must say.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
MzInterpret

Post by MzInterpret »

This is awful news Galbally. Losing someone to illness is difficult to come to terms with, but murder opens up a whole lot of doors that should always remain closed.

Lots of (((HUGS))) and positive thoughts coming your way!
theia

Post by theia »

So, so tragic, Gally, and I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and with everyone who loved and cared for your friend.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

That terrible news! We're here for ya. Sending positive energy to you and your friends. :yh_flower
robinseggs

Post by robinseggs »

I am so sorry Galbally! What a tragic way learn of a friend's death. I think stories, memories, and pictures from the good times can really help the healing process. Feel free to share a memory with us!
Nature laughs Last
minks

Post by minks »

Gallbally I am sorry to hear of your loss, as I am sure we all would offer....feel free to talk about it on the FG or to any one of us.

My thoughts are with you.

Attached files
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
gmc

Post by gmc »

Sorry to hear vof your loss There are no words really are there
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

There is way too much violence in this world. It's hard enough when an accident happens but to know it was intentional and with malice just blows my mind. I wish you and yours well through this difficult time.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

I don't know if I should be happy about this, but it seems that somehow my friend is still technically alive, though brain dead, and is able to respirate without a machine, I don't know how long he will stay in this state, its very hard to know being over here while he is over there and no-one is really sure of what exactly is going on. Its quite upsetting actually, as we don't know how long this will go on, will he "live" as a vegetable in a hospital somewhere or will he die, can he actually be brought back here alive, or will he have to stay there, I've never encountered a situation like this before, its like a bad movie, (perhaps some crazy miraculous thing will happen and he may partially recover?) its terrible to start mourning someone as being dead and then finding out that actually they are not actually and completely dead, though they might as well be, as I suppose it makes one feel even more helpless in a way, as now we are all in limbo here and don't really know what way to act or what to think. Well, whatever his friends think, and he has many closer ones than me, I can't imagine what his family, who are over in Prague are going through, jesus, what a nightmare. Thanks again anyway, its nice to hear from you all about this. I don't think I am going to say any more about it, and will just go back to being myself as much as possible, as there's nothing really to be done or said, so thanks again everyone.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

I know I said I would say no more but my friend died last night at 5 am in the hospital in Prague, I've just found out, so the inevitable has happened. I'm just filling people in as I started this thread in the first place and I'm sure people would be curious as to know what has happened. I'm glad that his family actually were not put throught weeks of agony about this, its terrible though, well at least we can mourn him now. Anyway, thanks again to all, it was very kind to post such nice replies. Thanks.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

SnoozeControl wrote: That's terrible news, but I guess its better than lingering for years.

((((HUGS))))

I think so too. I just hope that they catch the criminals that did it, though I'm thinking that this will be extremely unlikely.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Galbally wrote: I think so too. I just hope that they catch the criminals that did it, though I'm thinking that this will be extremely unlikely.

Keeping fingers crossed they do catch them.

:yh_hugs + :-4 to you.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I guess that's the best end for a really crappy situation. My sympathies to you & your friend's family, GB.
Yavanna

Post by Yavanna »

Really sorry to hear this Galbally. :-1
jennyswan

Post by jennyswan »

Sorry to hear this news Galbally. I never know what to say regarding something like this so I will keep it short.

Love Jen xx
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Again thank you to everyone, it will be a while now I think before they can bring Fergal home and give him a decent send off, it will be sad, but at least his family were spared the waiting of a long drawn out thing. I'm sure all the musicians who knew him will organize a local concert or something for him, he would have liked that I think. Thanks again.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
nok

Post by nok »

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. This is a very tragic event. You have my prayers.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
DominoDeja

Post by DominoDeja »

OMG I'm so sorry.

This ruined my day. You will be in my prayers.:-1

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”