What Do Men Want?

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
capt_buzzard

What Do Men Want?

Post by capt_buzzard »

What do men really want? A Wife? Marriage? Children? A Home? Or are we programmed for all of this? Is this the beginning of the end to most men? No more out having fun with the boys at the weekends.
BabyRider

What Do Men Want?

Post by BabyRider »

Why would a man assume that because he is married, it's the end? Were that what men believed, NO man would ever get married again. Do most women object to their husband going out without her after they are married? I have never been married, but am engaged to a wonderful man, and we'll be getting married in 2006. I can't imagine trying to keep him next to me at all times. It would drive BOTH of us crazy. And no one person can be absolutely everything to any one! A person, man, woman, no difference, needs other people. Their friends, their own time and privacy. I'm not the most secure person in the world, but my fiance has some very close friends that I really like too. Trying to keep him from them would be flat-out wrong of me, and it would only cause him to resent me! I think that the biggest problem in situations like this is a woman's insecurity. It has caused some strife in my own relationship. But you have to trust. Without it, there's no point in being together. If you can't trust your man to be away from you for a night or a weekend "out with the boys", then there is a problem.

As for the other things, he better want a wife and a marriage!!! (lol) Cause that's what he's getting! The children thing we already agree on. Between us we have 3, and want no more.

There's a theory: If a couple can agree on these things, then they have a good chance of a successful marriage: Money, children, religion, and in-laws. And my fiance and I are pretty much on the same page regarding all of them.

SO! Let's hear from some guys on this one. :yh_nailbi
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Lon

What Do Men Want?

Post by Lon »

The answer to your question will vary I suspect, depending on the man.

For me, as I entered adulthood, I wanted an interesting, well paying career first, then a wife that would support and share my ambitions, one, no more than two children, stability in my marriage (my parents divorced when I was 12). In later years, I added to my list of wants.

I am happy to say that I got what I wanted. I had a very stable 30 year marriage untill my first wife died, a challenging and well paying career and one child. I remarried four years after the death of my first wife with new and different wants that have been fullfilled as well. I am a very lucky man.
Bullet

What Do Men Want?

Post by Bullet »

What men want. I don't know about most men. I personally want independance and success. By success, I don't mean just wealth, but successful in life.

As for the relationship front, independance is important to me, I want a woman who wants me, but is secure with her self enough to not be bothered if I'm out for a night or 2. Being a biker, sometimes parties, if they are good, may last a whole weekend. Of course she should be independant too, go out with the girls once in a while. Usually my girl goes with me, but going apart once in a while is good.

I am affectionate, and need some one who is the same.

Oh and industrious, is good. You know if I have the day off work, and she is working, I'll do the dishes and cooking etc. Then I get to goof off. But it should be the same way for her, she should not be on the phone or watching soaps or in a chat room and not get anything done all day.

Physically fit, I need someone who takes care of herself like I do. Physicall attraction is an obvious requirement.

And someone who can communicate openly, if something is bugging her, just spit it out, or if she wants something a certain way, tell me, I'm not a mind reader. I tend to be able to communicate pretty well with the female gender, but once in a while I miss the target.

Oh the list goes on, but I'll cut it short here.
Death is more universal than life. For although everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.
samanthaguy

What Do Men Want?

Post by samanthaguy »

IM NOT SURE WHAT MEN WANT, MOST MEN CHANGE LIKE THE WEATHER. IM PRETTY SURE THEY ALL WANT A FAMILY AT SOME POINT BUT NOT RIGHT AWAY. THE ISSUE OF ACTING LIKE CHILDREN STILL LINGERS AT HAND. I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 6 YEARS AND IT TOOK THAT LONG FOR MY HUSBAND TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THE FAMILY THING ( WITH MY HELP OFCOURSE). I THINK IN GENERAL MEN ARE BORN WORKERS AND THEY WANT SOMETHING THEY CAN SAY THEY WORKED FOR WETHER IT BE A JOB, WOMAN, FAMILY, CAR,TRUCK,BOAT,ECT.. I KNOW MY HUSBAND HAS WORKED HARD FOR OUR FAMILY AND EVERYTHING WE HAVE AND HE IS VERY PROUD TO SAY SO..... :p
:confused:VERY OPEN MINDED....BUT OFTEN CONFUSED......
abbey

What Do Men Want?

Post by abbey »

Olly wrote: In my case, it's probably a boyfriend, good GCSE's and A Levels, entrance to a good university (i.e. Oxford, Cambridge, Bristol, etc.), a career in journalism and a Mini Cooper 'S'. :guitarist

Blummin-eck Olly, Ya don't ask for much d'ya?? LOL x
Paula

What Do Men Want?

Post by Paula »

capt_buzzard wrote: What do men really want? A Wife? Marriage? Children? A Home? Or are we programmed for all of this? Is this the beginning of the end to most men? No more out having fun with the boys at the weekends.

To be treated like a child for the rest of their lives? I would like my man out with the guys, FReEdOM.....set me free...wHaT is tHE dEfInIti0n of a MAN? Overgrown b0Y, full grown MAlE, fertile 0Ne, ThUmB sUCkEr? :mad:
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
abbey

What Do Men Want?

Post by abbey »

Olly wrote: In my case, it's probably a boyfriend, good GCSE's and A Levels, entrance to a good university (i.e. Oxford, Cambridge, Bristol, etc.), a career in journalism and a Mini Cooper 'S'. :guitarist

Have to agree about the Mini Olly, and so nice to see that you put love before all else. :-4
capt_buzzard

What Do Men Want?

Post by capt_buzzard »

samanthaguy wrote: IM NOT SURE WHAT MEN WANT, MOST MEN CHANGE LIKE THE WEATHER. IM PRETTY SURE THEY ALL WANT A FAMILY AT SOME POINT BUT NOT RIGHT AWAY. THE ISSUE OF ACTING LIKE CHILDREN STILL LINGERS AT HAND. I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 6 YEARS AND IT TOOK THAT LONG FOR MY HUSBAND TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THE FAMILY THING ( WITH MY HELP OFCOURSE). I THINK IN GENERAL MEN ARE BORN WORKERS AND THEY WANT SOMETHING THEY CAN SAY THEY WORKED FOR WETHER IT BE A JOB, WOMAN, FAMILY, CAR,TRUCK,BOAT,ECT.. I KNOW MY HUSBAND HAS WORKED HARD FOR OUR FAMILY AND EVERYTHING WE HAVE AND HE IS VERY PROUD TO SAY SO..... :p
Good Gal. Full marks
koan

What Do Men Want?

Post by koan »

Men want to feel successful and be admired. They want to be needed but not demanded. And a good BJ doesn't hurt. :lips: Oops did I just say that out loud?

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”