Do we say I love you enough?

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

It's so funny how situations change in a split second... Most of you know by now that I'm a big softie and I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.

Something struck me today and I feel the need to share it with you guys.

I have a colleague who's family have been through so much in the past year. Without going into too much detail, her father was diagnosed with cancer a few months back. After a course of treatment, he went into remission. Two weeks ago he went for a check up and sadly they dicovered it was back.

He was taken into hospital for surgery but the tumor was too big and for one reason or another - the operation could not be done.

The doctors advised my friend's dad that he really only had a few months left. He has been quite ill this past few days and very sadly for my friend and her family, they were told today that it would be a matter of weeks :-1

My reason for telling you all this is - life can be gone in the blink of an eye and I wondered......Do we tell those that we hold dear that we love them enough?
Very nearly perfect ... :D
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

pinkchick;722286 wrote: It's so funny how situations change in a split second... Most of you know by now that I'm a big softie and I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.

I have a colleague who's family have been through so much in the past year. Without going into too much detail, her father was diagnosed with cancer a few months back. After a course of treatment, he went into remission. Two weeks ago he went for a check up and sadly they dicovered it was back.

He was taken into hospital for surgery but the tumor was too big and for one reason or another - the operation could not be done.

The doctors advised my friend's dad that he really only had a few months left. He has been quite ill this past few days and very sadly for my friend and her family, they were told today that it would be a matter of weeks :-1

My reason for telling you all this is - life can be gone in the blink of an eye and I wondered......Do we tell those that we hold dear that we love them enough?

Aww, Chicky...hugs to your friends....and I agree...and try to remind myself daily of the blessings I do have!!

I went to Church yesterday for the first time since October-ish...and ONLY because my middle son INSISTED that we go...which is amazing enough for a 13 year old to MAKE his Mom go to church....and the Sermon was about Thankfulness...are we thankful for everything we have? Truely? Do we appreciate the homes, food, clothes, jobs, cars....etc.??? Our health is another huge blessing....it can fail at anytime and only then do we realize how fortunate we were to have really good health!

So, yes Chicky...we should tell our loved ones more that we love them...I don't tell my parents or my brother, because of the way I was brought up, we are very close and MUCH more affectionate than we ever were when I was growing up.

My kids hear their Momma tell them on a daily basis, :-4every morning when they walk out the door...even the old grumpy one!!:D
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Nope, not nearly enough!

Sending beams to your friend and her family during this horrible time. :-4
cars

Post by cars »

Yes I do. :) (Now)

As the older I get, I've seen what happens to others finally getting around to happening to me & mine! So I tell all my relatives & even close friends, I love them while they (& I) are still here to hear it!!!
Cars :)
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

I come from a very huggy feely family and fortunately married into one too. My brothers (elder) always end the phone convos or visits with love you. My mum and dad kiss on hello and goodbye and say love you loads. Again mother in law always kisses but doesnt say I love you in words but shows her love in other ways. My gorgeous hubby tells me he loves me at least 3-6 times a day, even if we ring each other to remind of a shopping item for e.g. we say love you. In turn my kids are VERY huggy,kissy and I tell them i love them continously:-4:-4:-4

I also get hugs and kisses at work, I work term time only so I get all the holidays off with my girls and when i return to work, they show how much they have missed me which is lovely .

Sorry to hear of your friends troubles x
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Thanks so much for responding guys....I'll be sure to pass on your love to my friend and her family.

:-4:-4
littlemissgiggle

Post by littlemissgiggle »

Aww chicky i am soo sorry and my heart goes out to your friends family :-4

I agree that its important to show love.

My mum and dad know i love them as doe's my sister,

my grandma's and grandad always hug and kiss when saying hello and goodbye,

I always hug my aunts and cousin's.

Also my friends at work we all know we love and care for each other as to me that is my second family :-4 and we hug or just give a light touch to show caring affection,

I have also over the last few months found that i love so many here on FG,

as i am not sure what i would do sometimes without this place.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

littlemissgiggle;722317 wrote: Aww chicky i am soo sorry and my heart goes out to your friends family

I agree that its important to show love.

My mum and dad know i love them as doe's my sister,

my grandma's and grandad always hug and kiss when saying hello and goodbye,

I always hug my aunts and cousin's.

Also my friends at work we all know we love and care for each other as to me that is my second family and we hug or just give a light touch to show caring affection,

I have also over the last few months found that i love so many here on FG,

as i am not sure what i would do sometimes without this place.

Me TOO!! ME TOO!!:-4:yh_hugs:yh_hugs
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

WonderWendy3;722323 wrote: Me TOO!! ME TOO!!:-4:yh_hugs:yh_hugs

Me 3 :-4
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

can 4play:wah::wah::wah:
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Chezzie;722328 wrote: can 4play:wah::wah:

I don't have a problem with 4-play at ALL!!:sneaky: :wah:
littlemissgiggle

aww of course you can Chezzie :-4

you are one of us now

mwahahahaha :sneaky::wah:
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

WonderWendy3;722331 wrote: I don't have a problem with 4-play at ALL!!:sneaky: :wah:

:eek::wah:
littlemissgiggle

WonderWendy3;722331 wrote: I don't have a problem with 4-play at ALL!!:sneaky: :wah:

Hands off she's my 4"play :sneaky:
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

jimbo;722342 wrote: l say i love you to suzy all the time :-4

and she says it to me too :-4

but or some reason she adds the words like a hole in my head ......:thinking:

Poor Jimbo :wah:
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

littlemissgiggle;722336 wrote: Hands off she's my 4"play :sneaky:

I feel TOUCHED :D
kinks

Post by kinks »

Send hugs kisses and prayers to your friend and family :-4

I always tell my family how much i love them, i tell them every day, even when my mum is not online or she's out some where, i'll send her a message on msn so it's there when she gets back. :-4

And i love you all on here :-4 ;)
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Thanks darlin'....I will :-4
kinks

Post by kinks »

jimbo;723100 wrote: what even immy ????

:wah: yes even immy....well she did forgive me for scaring the c*** out of her with the spot the difference :wah:
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

kinks;723128 wrote: :wah: yes even immy....well she did forgive me for scaring the c*** out of her with the spot the difference :wah:

It's true, I'm a very forgiving person, towards people not called Jimbo anyway!!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

pinkchick;722286 wrote: It's so funny how situations change in a split second... Most of you know by now that I'm a big softie and I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.

Ok.....bare with me - this is tough but I need to share it......

You all know that my friend's dad has been fighting cancer for quite some time now and he still is... Very sadly though, he is going to be laying his daughter and unborn grandson to rest this saturday :-1

My friend collapsed on her way to work yesterday. She had a massive bleed in her brain and both her and her little baby boy are now gone.

Life is fleeting and so very cruel sometimes. We have worked together for almost 10 years and in the blink of an eye she is gone.

The only saving grace is that she felt nothing and the doctors believe she was dead before she hit the ground.

We are all numb from this news - it doesn't seem real at all.

I can't begin to imagine how her family are dealing with this terrible loss. :-1
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

I learned that lesson after my older brother died. life is gone in a thought... it's rediculous! i don't even want to think about it. But i have learned to say i love you to the people that i do love more then i would have before. It's kinda like i need them to know just in case...
Smoke signals ftw!
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Omni_Skittles;785895 wrote: I learned that lesson after my older brother died. life is gone in a thought... it's rediculous! i don't even want to think about it. But i have learned to say i love you to the people that i do love more then i would have before. It's kinda like i need them to know just in case...

I know exactly what you mean :-4
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I do.

Unless Im really mad then I say Im going to burn your house down.
I AM AWESOME MAN
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

pinkchick;785887 wrote: Ok.....bare with me - this is tough but I need to share it......

You all know that my friend's dad has been fighting cancer for quite some time now and he still is... Very sadly though, he is going to be laying his daughter and unborn grandson to rest this saturday :-1

My friend collapsed on her way to work yesterday. She had a massive bleed in her brain and both her and her little baby boy are now gone.

Life is fleeting and so very cruel sometimes. We have worked together for almost 10 years and in the blink of an eye she is gone.

The only saving grace is that she felt nothing and the doctors believe she was dead before she hit the ground.

I can't begin to imagine how her family are dealing with this terrible loss. :-1

That is just so tragic:-1 its hard to deal with stuff like that is'nt it. i have lost a friend suddenly like that its such a shock. sending you love and hugs:-4:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

kazalala;785944 wrote: That is just so tragic:-1 its hard to deal with stuff like that is'nt it. i have lost a friend suddenly like that its such a shock. sending you love and hugs:-4:-4

Thank you so much Kaz :-4
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Love & hugs to you Rosie:-4
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

mrsK;786184 wrote: Love & hugs to you Rosie:-4

Thank you mrsK :-4

We are going to visit the family shortly
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Oh Chicky, such sad, sad news. Sending lots of cyber hugs to you :yh_hugs:yh_hugs
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

I am so sorry for you loss, I can’t imagine the pain her friends and family must be going through. Although I do not know her, I will remember her in my thoughts.

A stranger is only a friend that I have not met yet.
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Immy and Mike

Thank you so much for your hugs and kind thoughts :-4
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

I'm really sorry to hear about this Rosie. My best thoughts and wishes to you and your friend's family and friends during this sad time, I truly wish you all the best! :-4 :-6
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

chrisb84uk;787040 wrote: I'm really sorry to hear about this Rosie. My best thoughts and wishes to you and your friend's family and friends during this sad time, I truly wish you all the best! :-4 :-6

Thank you so much Chris :-4
littlemissgiggle

:-4 Chicky
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

(((hugs))) Pinks, life seems to stink sometimes. :( :-4
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

littlemissgiggle;787253 wrote: :-4 Chicky

Thank you sweetie :-4
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Betty Boop;787259 wrote: (((hugs))) Pinks, life seems to stink sometimes. :( :-4

Thank you darlin :-4
SlipStream

Post by SlipStream »

pinkchick;785887 wrote: Ok.....bare with me - this is tough but I need to share it......

omg Rosie, that's so heartbreaking.... wish I could advice but can't... thinking of you at this sad time xxxxx:-4
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

SlipStream;787952 wrote: omg Rosie, that's so heartbreaking.... wish I could advice but can't... thinking of you at this sad time xxxxx:-4

Thank you my sweet friend :-4
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Sweet Rosie:-4 I'm sooo sorry:-4
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Kathy Ellen;789148 wrote: Sweet Rosie:-4 I'm sooo sorry:-4

Thank you so much sweetheart :-4
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Rosie..my Dear Rosie.....I have just seen this thread and quite honestly I just dont know what to say.The sadness of it is just to much and no words of comfort can take certain pain away.How does that poor man cope with something so tragic.........Rosie all I can do is say my heart goes out to you......her dear family.....her father will be with his darling daughter soon ...........may God keep them together then forever.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Carolly;789167 wrote: Rosie..my Dear Rosie.....I have just seen this thread and quite honestly I just dont know what to say.The sadness of it is just to much and no words of comfort can take certain pain away.How does that poor man cope with something so tragic.........Rosie all I can do is say my heart goes out to you......her dear family.....her father will be with his darling daughter soon ...........may God keep them together then forever.

Thank you so much sweetheart :-4
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Rosie, I'm so sorry that I didn't see this last week when you posted it. I am so sorry for your loss and love you to bits darlin'!!:-4:-4:-4
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

WonderWendy3;792303 wrote: Rosie, I'm so sorry that I didn't see this last week when you posted it. I am so sorry for your loss and love you to bits darlin'!!:-4:-4:-4

Thank you sweetheart :-4

I love you too :-4

I told you you'd make me cry! ;)
Furry Samaritan

Post by Furry Samaritan »

I'm so sorry about your father's illness. Hugs to all of you - won't cure, of course, but you know people are pulling for your family at this time.

We DON'T say "I love you" enough. We gripe about bills to be paid, why the other didn't go grocery shopping on the way home from work, whose turn it is to do the laundry, et cetera. So many people would rather complain and focus on the mundane, inimportant matters of life than bare our souls and let someone else know how important they are to us.

I became aware of that tendency in myself about 2 years ago, and have made a point of telling and showing those around me how much I value them on a regular basis. My household pets get endless hugs and "I love you" each day; my friends and co workers get warm e-mails, smiles, and thoughtful little gestures. I can't tell you how much I've benefited from this emotionally! I even had a trip to the ER (about a year ago); the care I received from the staff was so prompt, thorough and warm, I made a point of writing a thank you e-mail to the head of the ER and to the director of Patient Services. I felt wonderful being able to say positive things about them!

I'm sorry your father has so little time left. "Make each moment count" is the only suggestion I can offer.
moonpie

Post by moonpie »

Not nearly enough, my hubby phoned me at work today and out of the blue said I love you, I had too many people around to be able to respond properly, and I choked and said yeh, you too? Stupid hum, but I told him later.

Right, we don't say enough to the people we love and that is really bad.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”