one person for everyone one

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Peg

Post by Peg »

I believe there is someone for everyone and sometimes more than one someone.

Sometimes I believe people do look too hard, or settle for less than what they wanted.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Yes There Is, And I found Her. :guitarist :guitarist :-6 :-6
koan

Post by koan »

Here's the thing. What I understand about the term "soulmate" is that, as we are descending from pure spirit, there is division. The division causes soul groups that have divided from the same point and the soul "mate" is the person who shared your spirit up until the final division into an individual. Then we are incarnate.

Believe it or not, I don't care, the point is: that is what the term actually means.

Now, the problem. Your soulmate could have been incarnated as a man. Assuming, I think correctly, that you are not homosexual, you may meet your soulmate but have no chance of having a romantic relationship. Yes, I believe there is one soul mate. I believe this has caused a lot of people a lot of confusion and unnecessary sense of loss. If you found your soulmate and became best friends, how is this a loss.

I think you met someone from the same soul group and, so, instantly bonded. Hey, guess what? Lucky for you, there are lots of people out there who share the same soul group and can make you very happy. If you find her again, Great! If you don't, don't waste your life wishing and waiting and...lord forbid, don't use her as an excuse to never love another. Love is grande, spread it around...but not in too many places at once. :wah:
KittylovingBlond

Post by KittylovingBlond »

It would be interesting if we could one day find a scientific answer for this one- using biology, pheromone research, DNA compatibility, etc. to see if two people are technically a match...

However, in the meantime us dreamers will just have to hope for a "yes" to this question. If you think about it, wouldn't that mean that the "one" person for you could be anywhere in the world? How would you ever meet them? Or are you born in relative distance to your match and it's all part of the master plan? I can say that when I met my boyfriend, I knew he was the ONE, as cheesy and cliche as that sounds! So, I'm going to be optimistic and say yes. :-4
Kitty :p
koan

Post by koan »

I think to look for a soul mate is a self defeating. When searching for anything it is easy to project the object of our desire onto the "innocent". The common understanding of "soulmate" projected onto someone mostly likely places them on a pedestal from which they are likely to fall.

I gave my father a framed quotation something like:

Happiness is as a butterfly, if you sit down quietly and wait, it may alight upon you.

Love the guy...he put it in the bathroom!
persephone

Post by persephone »

It's easier to find something when you're not looking for it.

I won't say the guy I'm with at present is my soul mate, but we never meant to be together for so long... Well to be honest for longer than a night, in his case and in mine no longer than a drink.

I have my studies and he has his hang-ups, neither of us were looking for a relationship, we just seemed to find one.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
koan

Post by koan »

purple wrote: I had many dates that spent a lot of time quizzing me about my hobbies, believing that was the key to finding their "soulmate". Once they found something we differed on, no matter how inconsequential, they took that as an omen and that was the end of that.

I've experienced this "perfect mate quiz". Hysterical. :yh_rotfl

Imagine the pressure these people are under when they compile these question lists! "This is my tool. If I forget a question...another 5 years down the tube!"

Then, if they are honest, they have to look at the list and say "Now, why would s/he want ME?" I wonder if these questions ever include "How do I feel when I am with him/her?" or are they too pragmatic for that?
KittylovingBlond

Post by KittylovingBlond »

KlatunIckto wrote: Would be nice wouldnt it Ms Kitty.

I myself have traveled a good deal,and throughout my travels have looked for Ms Right,and either we just barely missed one another over all these years and miles,as well as all my friends looking for me also such,or she doesnt exist,then again she could be...... nawwwww dont want to think she could be in china or india or such places Ive yet been nor am likely to go especially looking for a counterpart.

Master plan? what master plan??? :confused:

The master plan of couples getting together- fate, whatever you want to call it. Maybe soulmates are true for some people and not others? I don't really know, but I'd like to believe that you meet the person you are supposed to be with because you're supposed to be together...and maybe, as some of you have said, you can meet several of the "right" people. Who knows! :)
Kitty :p
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:-4 You gotta have hope, and you gotta believe. !!

Love is what makes the world go round..!! Without the search for #1 we would be lost, it is a universal search. The search for love is life long, some find it a different point in life, some experience for a brief moment in time..!!

:-4 It is our common goal, love everlasting, for all time...!! I HOPE TO FIND MY NUMBER ONE SOMEDAY..!! YOU GOTTA HAVE HOPE, AND YOU GOTTA BELIEVE..!! ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

thomas40

Post by thomas40 »

i think we all need firiends in our daily lives.

we are have our own falts however.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

KlatunIckto wrote: :-2 uhh yeah Buzz but youre only one of the very very few with regards to the mass, the legions, that seem to be :-5 Don't come to Ireland looking.
Wednesday's Child

Post by Wednesday's Child »

I have to believe there is more than one for each of us....

Why?

Because some of us get sick and die. I would not like to think of having to go through life alone without the hope of finding yet another soulmate to share

life with. Certainly not while a person is young and has many years to spend

on earth.

Not a happy thought, but it is real life unfortunately.
Wednesday's Child

Post by Wednesday's Child »

Marsue3417 wrote: It is not always true about finding a NEW soulmated per say. When you die. So does your soulmate, (inside.) When you come back your soul is just placed in another body. It is hard to explain. Why do you think that some poeple are told that they have an old soul. Not because of what their current age is. But because of all the lives that soul has lived through. You will only ever search for ONE soulmate. Just in a different body.

Marsue3417 :)

Marsue

I should not have used "soulmate" then, because I was writing about a second love in a person's life if their primary love gets sick and dies, they should not have to live out their lives in solitary without finding another to love.

I think you are referring to the legendary "soulmate" of reincarnation - however it has also been stated that we may not return in the same gender as before and we may find ourselves in the same family as a previous loved one...

I am speculating because I don't know that much about reincarnation....but I appreciate what you were saying. I also ascribe to the theory we continue to

return and become "old souls" as you write. Because I do not believe mankind as we are now in evolutionary terms, ready for perfection.

Far from it. Mankind is arrogant believing they will "know" everything in a short lifetime of 70-80-90 years....I think man must experience many lifetimes in many different circumstances, to correct previous errors made. That is a long road to

perfection....but certainly not after one life on earth.

It is an interesting subject.
shadow man

Post by shadow man »

:guitarist I really do agree i think we all have a soul mate out there

some were but i would say that most never get the chase to find

theres, and end up getting married for all the wrong reasons

i think , no i know i have a soul mate out there as i think our

hearts have touched, but the world has a funny way of making

things oh so hard,

we all get trapped to the day to day life of liveing and do what we

think we should

i am realy starting to belive now that life is for living and not

for doing as we are axpected too,

As you read in another post of mine that life has not been so

kind but with a glimmer of hope and mayde some courage

I may one day be united with mine...i dont expect 20 / 30 or even

40 years with her . just a few hours or a day will give me all i need

Shadow..:cool:
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Yes 100%.... i found mine ..you have to stop looking and when you least expect it that perfect someone will find you .....mine found me he actually came knocking on my front door ...................so i bound and gagged him and stuck a extra bolt on the door he has'nt been seen since ......i keep him well fed and watered and he know's his place ...underneath me!!!!:sneaky:
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
shadow man

Post by shadow man »

:wah: i like your style :wah:

i'll have to try that one.....:sneaky:

Shadow:cool:
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: Yes 100%.... i found mine ..you have to stop looking and when you least expect it that perfect someone will find you .....mine found me he actually came knocking on my front door ...................so i bound and gagged him and stuck a extra bolt on the door he has'nt been seen since ......i keep him well fed and watered and he know's his place ...underneath me!!!!:sneaky:

Well that may be good for you, but what about the poor guy's family, I bet they are worried sick wondering where he has disappeared too!! :wah:
pantsonfire321@aol.com

chrisb84uk wrote: Well that may be good for you, but what about the poor guy's family, I bet they are worried sick wondering where he has disappeared too!! :wah:

No............. i let him phone home one a week ...i'm kind like that you know...

chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

That is incredibly nice of u. Do you check that he is actually ringing home, and not trying to contact someone else?? :sneaky:
pantsonfire321@aol.com

chrisb84uk wrote: That is incredibly nice of u. Do you check that he is actually ringing home, and not trying to contact someone else?? :sneaky:

He's dyslexic so i have to dial for him ..

chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: He's dyslexic so i have to dial for him ..

Well it's good to hear that you are treating him so well, I'm sure the two of u make a great couple. :)
pantsonfire321@aol.com

chrisb84uk wrote: Well it's good to hear that you are treating him so well, I'm sure the two of u make a great couple. :)

Why thankyou kind sir ...so chris when are you gonna get hitched and all sprogged up....;)

chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: Why thankyou kind sir ...so chris when are you gonna get hitched and all sprogged up....;)

:wah: Hahaha well I have no idea. My luck with the ladies is about 0, but I'm not too bothered at the moment. I have my whole life ahead of me, and when I meet the right person, then I wil be delighted, but until then I'm in no rush. Oh that reminds me of the thread that AC started trying to find me a partner, oh that was funny!!!
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

flopstock wrote: Yes I do think there is a 'match' for everyone. I have a hard time believing that that is who you met on a beach and vacationed with for two weeks, however. If it were truely that 'one person', I would think that you both would have 'made' opportunities to be with one another and not have lost contact.

I think a true 'match', is someone who can keep those engine fires burning throughout the day to day grind that is most of our lives... they become our support structure when times are rough and make even the worst of our days bearable. They are the person you turn to share a smile with, even when they are not near..

Falling for someone while on a 'vacation' from life is easy. Staying connected while life is happening to you both is what makes that perfect match.

But what do I know...:D

:wah: Don't doubt yourself Floppy, those were some mighty true words that u just spoke!!
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

chrisb84uk wrote: :wah: Oh that reminds me of the thread that AC started trying to find me a partner, oh that was funny!!!

That sounds like fun!:D where is that post??? :D
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

sunny104 wrote: That sounds like fun!:D where is that post??? :D

:wah: God I have no idea, lost somewhere in the depths of FG I guess. Minks was on hand to try and help as my adviser, but it didn't do any good as here I am still single hahaha.
BruiserKC

Post by BruiserKC »

koan wrote: I think to look for a soul mate is a self defeating. When searching for anything it is easy to project the object of our desire onto the "innocent". The common understanding of "soulmate" projected onto someone mostly likely places them on a pedestal from which they are likely to fall.

I gave my father a framed quotation something like:

Happiness is as a butterfly, if you sit down quietly and wait, it may alight upon you.

Love the guy...he put it in the bathroom!

I would agree with that. The idea of a soulmate, IMHO, means that the person is just completely perfect in every aspect and there is no need for change (or no room in most cases). When that person changes, then the ideal the other person found attractive in them has a chance of being gone.

I've been married almost nine years...my wife and I have worked very hard to make it work. Is she the love of my life? Absolutely. Is she the number one priority in my life? No question. Is she my soulmate? No.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

BruiserKC wrote: I would agree with that. The idea of a soulmate, IMHO, means that the person is just completely perfect in every aspect and there is no need for change (or no room in most cases). When that person changes, then the ideal the other person found attractive in them has a chance of being gone.

I've been married almost nine years...my wife and I have worked very hard to make it work. Is she the love of my life? Absolutely. Is she the number one priority in my life? No question. Is she my soulmate? No.

Well put, however I think a soulmate is something that is developed over time. Someone that you live and love with through all of the types of moments that make up a marriage. I think a soulmate might be defined as seperate individuals whom have evolved mentally and spiritually in the same direction allowing for the others freedom in still being an individual. I would consider it to be the ultimate respect between two humans. An honor of eachothers lives if you will.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”