anyone here ever work with a sociopathic woman?

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i am a former RN...all i deal with now are sociopaths and psychopaths. i just decided a number of years ago to deal with them full-time and ARMED. i may have misunderstood some posts here...the sociopath is just a person with no conscience. common enough. the psychopath is the serial killer, the sick bastard, the hannibel lector. the sociopath is simply a person who has no empathy. who only cares about him/herself. who uses people. the psychopath is a dangerous animal. there are currently about 70 serial killers operating in the US. we breed them somehow.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Stay away...exposure can greatly harm quality of life. :yh_bye
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
'M'

Post by 'M' »

It's been a while since anyone posted here, but does anyone on this forum have experience working with a female sociopath? I had an experience with one and she was promoted to supervisor and fired me a year later...this is a small town, so getting away from her isn't easy...

It just so happens that this was in a hospital setting but I am not a nurse and neither is she. Now that I think about it, the Supervisor of Med/Surg filled the bill. She and "my sociopath" formed an alliance a month or so before I was fired...I know that "my sociopath" did this to further her project (firing me). t was amazing to watch her in action...which I noticed after being fired...to see how quickly she manipulated other management members to align behind her efforts to fire me. Her personality traits continue to plague me...because true to form, she watched and listened to see what my "M.O." was and then she began working on all of the people I was friendly with...which was quite a few...and one by one, she must have given them a horror story about me. They would have nothing to do with me once she did the nasty. They would hardly speak to me and had the deer in the headlights look when we came into contact at work.

These sociopaths are an amazing phenomenon....
nok

Post by nok »

Please be careful when you're working alongside her as she could cause you possible trouble that is not of your own doing. Can you avoid her or move to another deprtment where you don't have to deal with her ? That is good that you are able to see through her and she can't fool you.

I don't think it's a good idea that you quit your job just because of her, though- she's not worth it.

Yes, I've worked with sociopathic people before and one thing I've learned about them is that you can't change them.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
FluffyB

Post by FluffyB »

Hello,

If you are working with a sociopath - BEWARE.

Do not give them any fuel. The best method of dealing with sociopaths is something called 'no contact', while you can't do that at work, try for as little interaction as possible.

They will destroy your reputation, credibility and career. They NEED victims like we need air to breathe.
nok

Post by nok »

FluffyB;1345322 wrote: Hello,

If you are working with a sociopath - BEWARE.

Do not give them any fuel. The best method of dealing with sociopaths is something called 'no contact', while you can't do that at work, try for as little interaction as possible.

They will destroy your reputation, credibility and career. They NEED victims like we need air to breathe.

Yes, I totally agree with what you just said. I worked with a sociopathic woman a few years ago. She made my working life a living hell - I will not go into details about what I endured from her but I was very much emotionally and verbally abused and almost physically abused from her. I couldn't ignore her because she was one of my direct bosses. Within months after my workplace hired her, she totally destroyed my reputation, credibility and career and my self confidence ( due to her) zoomed down to zero. It really took a lot out of me after I left that workplace to pick myself up again and start all over again- I kept having to tell myself over and over again that I was a person of worth and not the piece of garbage that she told me several times a day that I was.

My advice to those working with a sociopath would be - be very, very, very careful . You cannot change them. If possible, try to move to another department in your workplace or get another job. Enduring them isn't worth all the pain you will have to suffer for later on.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
FluffyB

Post by FluffyB »

Hi,

There is a web site devoted to sociopaths and the damage they inflict; how to heal, cope and strategies. I had posted the link in my message but it was deleted as an 'infraction'. Sad, because it's an incredibly useful site with a blog.

Nok - I bet you dollars to donuts that old boss of your's has bounced from job to job. The only good thing about sociopaths in the workplace is most of them can't last any length of time. They can't stand being subordinate etc etc...

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”