Hanging in there by a thread

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

Hi guys, I'm hanging in there by a thread, I know that some of you will think that I'm one of those suicidal depressing person, but I don't see myself as someone like that. I see myself as a strong girl who can handle everything that comes her way, it's just that sometimes things just get too tough for her to handle at times. I'm taking five classes got about four to five papers due within this month and dealing with some guy troubles at the moment. It really is hard for me to deal with everything cuz I can't let my parents know about the troubles that I'm going through, and I tend to hide a lot of stuff to other people (unless they are my close friends). So if you see me, you won't even know how frustrated, complicated and confused I am, until I get to know you longer than that. Right now I'm totally stressed out and I'm totally skipping some of my classes cuz that to me is a way of destressing. Right now I feel like I'm a rubber band and it's about to snap in two, thats how bad things have gotten:-5
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

strongirl56;952714 wrote: Hi guys, I'm hanging in there by a thread, I know that some of you will think that I'm one of those suicidal depressing person, but I don't see myself as someone like that. I see myself as a strong girl who can handle everything that comes her way, it's just that sometimes things just get too tough for her to handle at times. I'm taking five classes got about four to five papers due within this month and dealing with some guy troubles at the moment. It really is hard for me to deal with everything cuz I can't let my parents know about the troubles that I'm going through, and I tend to hide a lot of stuff to other people (unless they are my close friends). So if you see me, you won't even know how frustrated, complicated and confused I am, until I get to know you longer than that. Right now I'm totally stressed out and I'm totally skipping some of my classes cuz that to me is a way of destressing. Right now I feel like I'm a rubber band and it's about to snap in two, thats how bad things have gotten:-5

I think that at some point we have all been to that breaking point. Try talking it out. If you're already cutting some classes, why not just drop one? Do you have a school counselor you can talk to? Sometimes you just need to back off and not hold it all in...that's the worst thing you could do. If there is a counselor, I'm sure they've dealt with this many times.
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

i remember the days when my daughter was in college. at times it was pretty hairy for her:-1:(. But maybe you are taking on too much. Is there anyway you can lighten your load soon? I have learned with age. don't over whelm yourself. gets you nothing but a ulcer. Grabing for the golden ring is one thing. but you have to be careful not to hang yourself with the rope it is attached to. Get what i mean??We all have to go at our own pace. Some semesters my daughter felt she could take on more. others she took it easy. Take care and good luck:)
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

jimbo;952735 wrote: dont ever ever give up , i know these probs seem all important right now but trust me in the long plan of things they really are not so big , i'm a weak man i cry ,i fall down but i get up i have had two younger brothers die ,my daughter die ,my cousin murdered ,my mum died and my daughter has been raped and left for dead , sure i have fallen and sure i've cried a billion tears and life right now is very hard , the little weed can bend in the storm where the mighty oak can fall crashing to the ground

i know one day i will be standing proud again and my departed loved ones will be proud of me ,if i had ended things in my weakest hours what sort of deverstation would i of inflicted on my loved ones ???

i'm sure you can make it ... its not going to be easy nothing worth doing ever is but one day your troubles will get easier and you will look back and think what the hell was i worried about honest you will :-6:-6

D*mn Jimbo, how the h*ll to you get out of bed each day? It is not a weakness to cry, it's healing. Maybe this is why you joke so much, to forget about the pain for just awhile. Although it's never gone from your heart or your mind, you will find some healing someday. I pray that it is sooner than later for you hun.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

jimbo;952801 wrote: shellybelly , it is true trying to laugh and joke helps me through my day

i brought my surviving sister to natasha who died up on my own till she was six only to have the mum take her from me and marry someone else in america thus changing her surname it took me twelve long years to find her ,and when i did i found out she had been raped ,left for dead and had been in a mental hospital for five years ,but find her i did she is back in the uk now life has been tough and believe me my daughter is very ill but all the time you have someone to love you and you love them you have hope ... and if you have hope you find the strength to carry on :-6:-6

Sounds to me that you are a strong man Jimbutt, most people would end up in the psycho ward with me if all that happened to them. Having hope is one of the best attitudes to have....without hope, you have nothing.
G-man

Post by G-man »

jimbo;952801 wrote:

"...but all the time you have someone to love you and you love them you have hope ... and if you have hope you find the strength to carry on." :-6:-6

This is very true. In the most trying of times this is enough to get you through.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

southern yankee

G-man;952836 wrote: This is very true. In the most trying of times this is enough to get you through. some times you are stronger;). other times it just leaves DEEP SCARS.:-1
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

strongirl56;952714 wrote: Hi guys, I'm hanging in there by a thread, I know that some of you will think that I'm one of those suicidal depressing person, but I don't see myself as someone like that. I see myself as a strong girl who can handle everything that comes her way, it's just that sometimes things just get too tough for her to handle at times. I'm taking five classes got about four to five papers due within this month and dealing with some guy troubles at the moment. It really is hard for me to deal with everything cuz I can't let my parents know about the troubles that I'm going through, and I tend to hide a lot of stuff to other people (unless they are my close friends). So if you see me, you won't even know how frustrated, complicated and confused I am, until I get to know you longer than that. Right now I'm totally stressed out and I'm totally skipping some of my classes cuz that to me is a way of destressing. Right now I feel like I'm a rubber band and it's about to snap in two, thats how bad things have gotten:-5

"Don't Give Up" by Peter Gabriel with Kate Bush

In this proud land we grew up strong

We were wanted all along

I was taught to fight, taught to win

I never thought I could fail

No fight left or so it seems

I am a man whose dreams have all deserted

I've changed my face, I've changed my name

But no-one wants you when you lose

Don't give up

'cos you have friends

Don't give up

You're not beaten yet

Don't give up

I know you can make it good

Though I saw it all around

Never thought that I could be affected

Thought that we'd be last to go

It is so strange the way things turn

Drove the night toward my home

The place that I was born, on the lakeside

As daylight broke, I saw the earth

The trees had burned down to the ground

Don't give up

You still have us

Don't give up

We don't need much of anything

Don't give up

'cause somewhere there's a place

Where we belong

Rest your head

You worry too much

It's going to be alright

When times get rough

You can fall back on us

Don't give up

Please don't give up

Got to walk out of here

I can't take any more

Going to stand on that bridge

Keep my eyes down below

Whatever may come

And whatever may go

That river's flowing

That river's flowing

Moved on to another town

Tried hard to settle down

For every job, so many men

So many men no-one needs

Don't give up

'cause you have friends

Don't give up

You're not the only one

Don't give up

No reason to be ashamed

Don't give up

You still have us

Don't give up now

We're proud of who you are

Don't give up

You know its never been easy

Don't give up

'cause I believe there's a place

There's a place where we belong

Jj :-4
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
southern yankee

jones jones;952860 wrote: "Don't Give Up" by Peter Gabriel with Kate Bush

In this proud land we grew up strong

We were wanted all along

I was taught to fight, taught to win

I never thought I could fail

No fight left or so it seems

I am a man whose dreams have all deserted

I've changed my face, I've changed my name

But no-one wants you when you lose

Don't give up

'cos you have friends

Don't give up

You're not beaten yet

Don't give up

I know you can make it good

Though I saw it all around

Never thought that I could be affected

Thought that we'd be last to go

It is so strange the way things turn

Drove the night toward my home

The place that I was born, on the lakeside

As daylight broke, I saw the earth

The trees had burned down to the ground

Don't give up

You still have us

Don't give up

We don't need much of anything

Don't give up

'cause somewhere there's a place

Where we belong

Rest your head

You worry too much

It's going to be alright

When times get rough

You can fall back on us

Don't give up

Please don't give up

Got to walk out of here

I can't take any more

Going to stand on that bridge

Keep my eyes down below

Whatever may come

And whatever may go

That river's flowing

That river's flowing

Moved on to another town

Tried hard to settle down

For every job, so many men

So many men no-one needs

Don't give up

'cause you have friends

Don't give up

You're not the only one

Don't give up

No reason to be ashamed

Don't give up

You still have us

Don't give up now

We're proud of who you are

Don't give up

You know its never been easy

Don't give up

'cause I believe there's a place

There's a place where we belong

Jj :-4 i love that song
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

jimbo;952817 wrote: thanks shellybelly

:yh_kiss:yh_hugs:)
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Dear Strong girl,

By posting in this Forum, you have reached out to us. We are here for you. We can't do much except listen and advise. We all have our personal pain. And personal pleasures. We can empathize with you to a point. We are human. We do care. Come back and post again any time. Tomorrow may be a better day.

Here's a welcome mat for you. :)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Flora

Post by Flora »

You are never stuck. You have options.
"How people treat you is their karma, how you react is yours."
southern yankee

Flora;952983 wrote: You are never stuck. You have options. but it hard when you are young just coming into adulthood:confused:
Flora

Post by Flora »

southern yankee;952994 wrote: but it hard when you are young just coming into adulthood:confused:

I know, and please don't think I was trivialising. I just know that feeling stuck is the worst. If you can find someone to talk something out, you usually see that you have options.
southern yankee

Flora;953019 wrote: I know, and please don't think I was trivialising. I just know that feeling stuck is the worst. If you can find someone to talk something out, you usually see that you have options. i know you weren't. just remember how i felt.:(
Flora

Post by Flora »

southern yankee;953025 wrote: i know you weren't. just remember how i felt.:(

I've made it a personal goal to never feel stuck again. I don't want to forget it.
southern yankee

Flora;953026 wrote: I've made it a personal goal to never feel stuck again. I don't want to forget it. sounds like a good life's plan.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

How ya doing today girl? Are you getting enough sleep? That can do wonders for you and help with your stress levels. :):yh_hugs
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

Hi guys I just got my grades back today and I got two A-'s one B+ and two B's, I'm so proud of myself, I never expected my grades to be this good. I guess all my hard work HAS paid off. All the times that I forced myself to let go of that guy, that I forced myself to pay all my attention to doing my schoolwork and getting good grades. :) I have learn my lesson, I shouldn't put too much into things, I shouldn't think that just cuz a guy is holding my hands then it means that he wants to be my boyfriend, I shouldn't be so naive, I should know better than that. I've began talking to that guy again, but this time I know better, we're just friends. I'm going to help him put his life back together, so he'll get better grades, and he'll just be my friend, someone that I could turn to. I won't mention how much I like him and all that crap anymore even if I still feel that way..... do I still feel that way? Do I still want him to be my boyfriend one day? It doesn't matter what that answer is going to be because I know that his heart and his mind and his soul doesn't feel that way about me, he probably never will. I'm just a toy to him. But who knows? *sigh* Sometimes I really want to know what's going to happen to me in the future, cuz I know that if I can, I wouldn't be sitting here right now, stressing about **** like that.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

strongirl56;981382 wrote: Hi guys I just got my grades back today and I got two A-'s one B+ and two B's, I'm so proud of myself, I never expected my grades to be this good. I guess all my hard work HAS paid off. All the times that I forced myself to let go of that guy, that I forced myself to pay all my attention to doing my schoolwork and getting good grades. :) I have learn my lesson, I shouldn't put too much into things, I shouldn't think that just cuz a guy is holding my hands then it means that he wants to be my boyfriend, I shouldn't be so naive, I should know better than that. I've began talking to that guy again, but this time I know better, we're just friends. I'm going to help him put his life back together, so he'll get better grades, and he'll just be my friend, someone that I could turn to. I won't mention how much I like him and all that crap anymore even if I still feel that way..... do I still feel that way? Do I still want him to be my boyfriend one day? It doesn't matter what that answer is going to be because I know that his heart and his mind and his soul doesn't feel that way about me, he probably never will. I'm just a toy to him. But who knows? *sigh* Sometimes I really want to know what's going to happen to me in the future, cuz I know that if I can, I wouldn't be sitting here right now, stressing about **** like that.Boy, do i know about Naive. haha remember grades will always be more important then a guy... I have learned that after a year in college haha. Guys come and go. two week relationships go on and on... i'm sure after a while of being with the guy you would of gone insane! i do anyways... just good luck haha
Smoke signals ftw!

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”