My daughter and DR. Laura

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

the older she gets. the better we seem to get along. she is single and 26. yes we have many views that are completely different. such as political, religion, and relationships. but today we were in my van i was taking her home. Dr. Laura was on the radio. a show she faithfully listens to. It only took me 10 minutes. i wanted to change the channel. she was belittling a caller. then tells everyone not be judge mental. she is VERY judgemental. What do you think of her??
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I think she's a putz and very dangerous to those people who for whatever reason, are not capable of thinking for themselves. Listen to the callers. She can say anything and they're so beaten down they accept anything she says as gospel. I have no regard for her at all.
Odie

Post by Odie »

RedGlitter;958568 wrote: I think she's a putz and very dangerous to those people who for whatever reason, are not capable of thinking for themselves. Listen to the callers. She can say anything and they're so beaten down they accept anything she says as gospel. I have no regard for her at all.

I don't have her show here, but she sounds dangerous to others.
Life is just to short for drama.
Lon

Post by Lon »

southern yankee;958567 wrote: the older she gets. the better we seem to get along. she is single and 26. yes we have many views that are completely different. such as political, religion, and relationships. but today we were in my van i was taking her home. Dr. Laura was on the radio. a show she faithfully listens to. It only took me 10 minutes. i wanted to change the channel. she was belittling a caller. then tells everyone not be judge mental. she is VERY judgemental. What do you think of her??

If a person says don't drink and drive or smoking is bad for your health do you say they are judgemental? Of course not. Dr. Laura's advice I usually disagree with but it is based on logic, common sense and skills as a clinician.
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

I've never heard her radio show, but I remember some of the controversy about her.

Just read her bio on wikipedia. I'm certain I would have no time whatsoever for the woman.

Assuming the details of her life are correct in the entry, I'd have to say that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

She sounds like a sanctimonious hypocrite.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

I enjoyed her show when I was on the road. :)
southern yankee

my thoughts on the short time I had to listen to her. She feels women should be at a man's beck and call. bring him his pipe and slippers Bull----. that women never give enough in a relationship. she is a BAD JOKE. that could back fire and really harm someone.:(:mad:
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

southern yankee;959051 wrote: my thoughts on the short time I had to listen to her. She feels women should be at a man's beck and call. bring him his pipe and slippers Bull----. that women never give enough in a relationship. she is a BAD JOKE. that could back fire and really harm someone.:(:mad:
I wasn't sure until this post now I love her..:D
Trunk Monkey

Post by Trunk Monkey »

After reading this thread, I'm glad I never had to listen to her.
southern yankee

Trunk Monkey;961445 wrote: After reading this thread, I'm glad I never had to listen to her. if i had enough GUTS i would love to call in and give her what for. that's the problem these days. with DR Phil and the rest of these fools. 50 years ago. people didn't have the gurus trying to mold us and change us. just horse feathers, as far as i am concerned:mad:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Yes JAB, I never listen to the talk shows on the radio. Some nice rock and roll on the road is much more fun.
southern yankee

[QUOTE=JAB;961619]It's all about ratings folks. Do what I do - don't listen to any of them nor buy any of their books. Music is better on the ears anyway. :D i QUOTE] i fully agree;)
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

There are sooo many things that I do not like about

Dr. Laura.....especially talking out of both sides of her mouth....her many divorces and affairs, posing nude, holding men in higher esteem than women. But, I do listen to her in my car as I'm driving home and she does make a lot of sense at times. She doesn't let people make excuses and that's a good thing.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

southern yankee;958567 wrote: the older she gets. the better we seem to get along. she is single and 26. yes we have many views that are completely different. such as political, religion, and relationships. but today we were in my van i was taking her home. Dr. Laura was on the radio. a show she faithfully listens to. It only took me 10 minutes. i wanted to change the channel. she was belittling a caller. then tells everyone not be judge mental. she is VERY judgemental. What do you think of her??

Nasty critter.

Shed be better as roadkill.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Post by 911 »

southern yankee;961452 wrote: if i had enough GUTS i would love to call in and give her what for. that's the problem these days. with DR Phil and the rest of these fools. 50 years ago. people didn't have the gurus trying to mold us and change us. just horse feathers, as far as i am concerned:mad:

Did so. OK, maybe not 50 years ago but what? You never did any transendental meditation? No astral projecting? Didn't get married by the Moon man?:-6

Nah, me either. Although I did try the whole meditation thing but I got a headache trying not to think of anything. I never figured out how to do that. If I think of nothing then aren't I thinking of something?

As far as Dr Laura, I've heard the name and maybe saw her once or twice but I don't know enough to talk about her.

Just wanted to make a comment on the guru!!:D
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
southern yankee

Kathy Ellen;962018 wrote: There are sooo many things that I do not like about

Dr. Laura.....especially talking out of both sides of her mouth....her many divorces and affairs, posing nude, holding men in higher esteem than women. But, I do listen to her in my car as I'm driving home and she does make a lot of sense at times. She doesn't let people make excuses and that's a good thing. i just don't get it with my daughter. she is a very smart girl, with a college degree. whatever this woman says is gospel. :confused:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

southern yankee;962065 wrote: i just don't get it with my daughter. she is a very smart girl, with a college degree. whatever this woman says is gospel. :confused:

Geeze, I don't know why your daughter feels that way Southern:confused:

But, I do like the fact that she makes people be honest with themselves and not make excuses for their behavior. That is why I listen to her.
southern yankee

Kathy Ellen;962075 wrote: Geeze, I don't know why you're daughter feels that way Southern:confused:

But, I do like the fact that she makes people be honest with themselves and not make excuses for their behavior. That is why I listen to her. she tells me she has called her for serveral problems she has had. to bad she doesn't have any good girlfriends.:( she can talk over stuff with. i have 2. i thank God for them.:)
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I know what you mean about having good friends. I also have 2 best friends who are there for me anytime of the day or night....we can call each other at 3 am and be there for each other.

Does you daughter know about Dr. Laura's former life....Dr. Laura seems to have hidden everything under the rug and began another life of purity....In her mind all of her bad deeds were erased....that was then, this is now. That's what I don't like about her....you can't erase your former life.

But, I do listen to her for a bit in the afternoon and she does make me be more honest with myself.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”