Girl Trouble (not with the girl)

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Just tell her what you see as the paramters of dating, you come from similar backgrounds so she will probably know most of them.

Ghads, #2, that is the best one. The boy always have to tell me where he is going to take my daughter and ask me. But I remember when I started dating at 16, my father had already died so my older brother took that position of authority. He grilled the boys to no end where we were going, I still cringe thinking of it. :wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Hoss, I don't think you would have survived yesterday's Phillies Parade. Everyone was squished together. You couldn't move. So much for the 6" rule.:p

I didn't date till I was 17 yrs old and dated lots of guys and finally met hubs:-4 Personally, you have to try on chicks & chicks have to try on guys, it's like putting on a pair of jeans for the first time. You know what fits. I met him at 22 yrs. and we practically lived together for 4 before #1 came on the scene.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

This is a tough one Hoss.

Is this the 1st time you're in love?

I was originally going to say that it's too soon to discuss serious issues. But, if you're really serious about this girl and want to move things to a higher level, tell her how you feel about dating and see how she feels.

Maybe you'll find out that she's not the girl for you.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

As been stated communication is the key. Talk to her about your views and see what happens. If you want to know how she feels ask her so you can know what your options are with regards to a relationship. Affairs of the heart are never easy so remember your only human you must live and learn. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

Time will tell. Sounds like you both are very nice people. You have time to really get to know each other. at your age there is no big hurry. if it is meant to be. it will bloom and grow.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Sound like a wonderful lunch to me Hoss. She seems as sweet as can be and I truly hope this works for both of you. Love is grand so take it slow and enjoy the process. Most of all keep communicating as you just did. :cool:

I do have 1 question can firefighters date within the group or is it frowned upon???
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

awww that's too cute. Just keep constant hand checks haha... please tell me you know what that means.... haha

I don't see where you can go wrong with this. I mean if a guy said that to me i might find him dorky... but if it's what he really wants i'd go with it. I have broken the 6 inch rule, but i've never kissed a guy haha... is that weird... ummm my dad expects the same with rule number 2... number 3 is always compromising. haha I seriously think she'd be cool with that... boundaries have to be set sometimes to keep both of you... "safe" haha
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Hoss;1042721 wrote: Hand checks, yes gotcha! Keep them hands exposed! :wah:

I think she thinks I'm dorky, that fits well. If this turns out to be the girl I love forever I want to make sure I marry her for the right reasons. I don't want it to be just physical. I think from her response that’s what she was referring to by the 'what's expected' comment.

Thanks, when I saw you posting in the Pub Nutters place I wanted to get your opinion!:)I don't necessarily rule out physical stuff haha
Smoke signals ftw!
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

as long as you 2 are on the same path. then have fun. you are young. Get everything out of life you can.;) Sounds like it will be good for both of you, Good luck:)
Mia

Post by Mia »

Hoss you have nice old fashioned values and i will not slate you for that.But these values went out like forty years ago.If the girl in question does not feel the same values then maybe you could have trouble.On the other hand she could well appreciate your values and feel loved and respected,as most of us women have been used by some ******* in our lives.

I wish you all the best you are one nice guy,
Odie

Post by Odie »

Hoss;1057190 wrote: LOL, ok great can we keep the rest of this private! :D

you brought up this thread!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Fire Angel;1057185 wrote: Hoss, from the day I met you I knew you were different, not wierd, I have never ever thought you were wierd. That's just silly. You crack me up, your the most honest, sincere and genuine person I have ever met. Like I told you before, I'm fine with all this, I'm free to be myself around you and I feel free to let 'us' be however you want 'us' to be. I feel honored when you come around me and pay me attention. Yes, I'm scared a little bit, I think all girls are with todays world the way it is. And you know my personal issues too. I'm trusting you with my heart so far. :):-4WHOA!!!! whoa... whoa.... dots are connecting!
Smoke signals ftw!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Omni_Skittles;1057193 wrote: WHOA!!!! whoa... whoa.... dots are connecting!

alrighty!:)
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ya'll have made my day!
Smoke signals ftw!
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Aren't you two just as cute as can be..!! :-4
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Odie

Post by Odie »

Carla, they are cute as a button!:-4

Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Why am i still single!
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Hoss;1059573 wrote: Angel and I are both still single, we're just friends getting to know each other better!;)OH... :rolleyes:
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Hoss;1061421 wrote: LOL, well it's true, that's how I figured I'd find my mate is to be her friend first and foremost. :):rolleyes: so ya'll mine as well be datin!
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Hoss;1061430 wrote: We are now, I got formal permission from her mother, and I made the 'approved' list!

We have gone to dinner a few times and she helped me at work doing a cleaning job the other day! I'm a big spender on dates as you can tell! LOL!

Tomorrow night I get to teach her how to ice skate! Should be fun!ha ha that's exciting... Ice Skating was hard for me to learn... i had a little girl teach me whom was doing triple axles! ha Right now I'm debating to keep waiting for this guy to finally ask me out or just move on. ha I'm going with the moving on thing.
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Hoss;1061445 wrote: Invite him here and I'll talk to him and gently pursuade him what a great catch you are! :)lol I don't think i will do that.... ha ha
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Hoss;1061453 wrote: Why not? We could do a double date thread! :yh_rotflExactly... lol :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl you just made my night! not that it hasn't been good... but that's funny.
Smoke signals ftw!

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”