Friendships??

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
southern yankee

Friendships??

Post by southern yankee »

Have you made close friendships here on FG. I have. I have never been to a site that I have bonded with people before. It is a good feeling.:-4:-4
WonderWendy3

Friendships??

Post by WonderWendy3 »

yes I have and I am so very greatful for them.....and dubsy too!!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
WonderWendy3

Friendships??

Post by WonderWendy3 »

^especially the wonderful ones I've met in person!!:-4
Oscar Namechange

Friendships??

Post by Oscar Namechange »

southern yankee;1061606 wrote: Have you made close friendships here on FG. I have. I have never been to a site that I have bonded with people before. It is a good feeling.:-4:-4

I hope you inlude me southernyankee... I'm looking for free accomodation next time i visit the states. :wah:

I have made some great friends. Some i have swopped home addresses with by pm to send a christmas card to.

Don't forget, anyone in America, Canada or Australia who'd like a christmas card from England, please pm me, i promise not to stalk you!.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
WonderWendy3

Friendships??

Post by WonderWendy3 »

oscar;1061615 wrote: I hope you inlude me southernyankee... I'm looking for free accomodation next time i visit the states. :wah:

I have made some great friends. Some i have swopped home addresses with by pm to send a christmas card to.

Don't forget, anyone in America, Canada or Australia who'd like a christmas card from England, please pm me, i promise not to stalk you!.

awww, darnit....I'm due for a good stalkin'!!:D:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Friendships??

WonderWendy3;1061624 wrote: awww, darnit....I'm due for a good stalkin'!!:D:yh_rotfl

I can only stalk on a sunday... Is that ok with you?? :wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
WonderWendy3

Friendships??

Post by WonderWendy3 »

oscar;1061645 wrote: I can only stalk on a sunday... Is that ok with you?? :wah:

Matter of a fact it works out great for me thanks!....:yh_dance:yh_dance
Oscar Namechange

Friendships??

WonderWendy3;1061653 wrote: Matter of a fact it works out great for me thanks!....:yh_dance:yh_dance

Brilliant. Is between 10 am and 4 pm good for you?? :wah:
pinkchick

Friendships??

Post by pinkchick »

southern yankee;1061606 wrote: Have you made close friendships here on FG. I have. I have never been to a site that I have bonded with people before. It is a good feeling.:-4:-4

Yes, I must say I've made some wonderful friends here. I'm a very lucky woman - my life is so much richer for knowing my FG friends.

It's the greatest feeling :-4:-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
SlipStream

Friendships??

Post by SlipStream »

^ true blue:-6
qsducks

Friendships??

Post by qsducks »

pinkchick;1061740 wrote: Yes, I must say I've made some wonderful friends here. I'm a very lucky woman - my life is so much richer for knowing my FG friends.

It's the greatest feeling :-4:-4

I have made some really good friends also. Have already sent some postcards from my city & my vacation to several people here and have to get some Christmas cards together and send them. My son is also penpals with Chezzie's daughter:)
Milly

Friendships??

Post by Milly »

I've found some wonderful people to chat to on ForumGarden, as I have on other Forums.... There really are some dear sweet people here....

I think I had a special connection with Carolly, don't ask me why, she's a pain in the bum and never lets me get a word in edgeways!... But, I dunno...... just something there if you know what I mean, I can't really explain it... just some people you instantly bond with....
Click here to read FOC thread part 1

qsducks

Friendships??

Post by qsducks »

Milly;1061759 wrote: I've found some wonderful people to chat to on ForumGarden, as I have on other Forums.... There really are some dear sweet people here....

I think I had a special connection with Carolly, don't ask me why, she's a pain in the bum and never lets me get a word in edgeways!... But, I dunno...... just something there if you know what I mean, I can't really explain it... just some people you instantly bond with....

Yes I know what you mean..bonded with Idgie right off the bat. Along with some others. I even talk via phone with Kathy Ellen once a week.
Milly

Friendships??

Post by Milly »

qsducks;1061761 wrote: Yes I know what you mean..bonded with Idgie right off the bat. Along with some others. I even talk via phone with Kathy Ellen once a week.

Funny isn't it..... I find it difficult to make 'friends' in the real sense of the word as in trusting and sharing and giving.... but that minx kinda grabbed me!..... I think she might be a witch who's cast a spell on me!!!!! :-2.... *searches for the matches* ;):p:wah::wah::wah:
Click here to read FOC thread part 1

Odie

Friendships??

Post by Odie »

I to have close friendships that have bonded right here!:-4
Life is just to short for drama.
southern yankee

Friendships??

oscar;1061615 wrote: I hope you inlude me southernyankee... I'm looking for free accomodation next time i visit the states. :wah:

that is a SILLY thing to say dear:-4
southern yankee

Friendships??

Odie;1061770 wrote: I to have close friendships that have bonded right here!:-4 same here:-4
southern yankee

Friendships??

this site has brought people together. which would have never met. There is something VERY SPECIAL going on here:-4 FG has brought more joy to my life. That is a true gift in itself:-4:-4
qsducks

Friendships??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1061777 wrote: this site has brought people together. which would have never met. There is something VERY SPECIAL going on here:-4 FG has brought more joy to my life. That is a true gift in itself:-4:-4

PM your address SY & I'll send out a Christmas card to ya.
southern yankee

Friendships??

qsducks;1061785 wrote: PM your address SY & I'll send out a Christmas card to ya. i am making my list today. will get to everyone soon;)
qsducks

Friendships??

Post by qsducks »

Ok, keep me posted
spot

Friendships??

Post by spot »

I'm trying to count how many FG people have managed to meet each other, it's quite a few when you add them up. The most we got to one place at the same time was fifteen, that was quite a day. Oddly enough it was a pub.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
qsducks

Friendships??

Post by qsducks »

spot;1061829 wrote: I'm trying to count how many FG people have managed to meet each other, it's quite a few when you add them up. The most we got to one place at the same time was fifteen, that was quite a day. Oddly enough it was a pub.

Was it Bothwell's?
southern yankee

Friendships??

qsducks;1061914 wrote: Was it Bothwell's? one of us need to win the lottery. so we could have a GIANT FG gathering:-4:-4
WonderWendy3

Friendships??

Post by WonderWendy3 »

oscar;1061655 wrote: Brilliant. Is between 10 am and 4 pm good for you?? :wah:

wow I didn't know you let me know what time I'll be stalked to? what a nice stalker you are!!:yh_rotfl

10-4 would be great, thanks!:-6
qsducks

Friendships??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1061942 wrote: one of us need to win the lottery. so we could have a GIANT FG gathering:-4:-4

Let's have one of those potluck dinner things. Kindle can bring that rum cake of hers.:)
southern yankee

Friendships??

qsducks;1061947 wrote: Let's have one of those potluck dinner things. Kindle can bring that rum cake of hers.:) it's warm here. let's have it here. OH WOW you all come for Mardi Gras;):guitarist:-6:yh_rotfl:wah::D
qsducks

Friendships??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1061957 wrote: it's warm here. let's have it here. OH WOW you all come for Mardi Gras;):guitarist:-6:yh_rotfl:wah::D

Yes, here in February it's freezing cold!
southern yankee

Friendships??

qsducks;1062004 wrote: Yes, here in February it's freezing cold! Feb or March depending when Ash Weds falls,:) have not checked out the 09 calender yet;)
qsducks

Friendships??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1062020 wrote: Feb or March depending when Ash Weds falls,:) have not checked out the 09 calender yet;)

Your right. Forgot about that one. Fat Tuesday and all that...pancakes galore up here. I make scrapple & pancakes for dinner. Kids love it.:-4
southern yankee

Friendships??

qsducks;1062029 wrote: Your right. Forgot about that one. Fat Tuesday and all that...pancakes galore up here. I make scrapple & pancakes for dinner. Kids love it.:-4 alot drinking here:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Friendships??

Post by qsducks »

They have a Fat Tuesday party down in the city every year...drunken idiots everywhere that start drinking at 8am..has caused several problems, but last year the city cracked down on the revelry.
southern yankee

Friendships??

qsducks;1062032 wrote: They have a Fat Tuesday party down in the city every year...drunken idiots everywhere that start drinking at 8am..has caused several problems, but last year the city cracked down on the revelry. I am sure it is a Party. BUT if you have never done a Mardi Gras in La. Not just N.O. But I go where it is more family oriented. The smaller towns. But it is still wild. Worth doing at least once. People watching is the best part:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Friendships??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1062084 wrote: I am sure it is a Party. BUT if you have never done a Mardi Gras in La. Not just N.O. But I go where it is more family oriented. The smaller towns. But it is still wild. Worth doing at least once. People watching is the best part:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Oh, you do that too?:yh_rotfl People watching should become a sport:wah:
flopstock

Friendships??

Post by flopstock »

Most of the folks that I really like on here, have no idea. I don't chat, PM or go off into email land... I generally just read them and follow them around.:sneaky:

You are all equally nice and inviting, in the world that is my head..:p

I got to meet one of us this year, I liked her better then I did myself..:D

I got to meet a group of us a while ago, it was the best of times, out of the worst of times - but it was the best of me, I think... :thinking:

someday I'd like to meet some of the folks I have been imagining in my head.

i'd most likely walk right past you, however. In real life, I am the shyest person I know when not talking work..:o
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

southern yankee

Friendships??

qsducks;1062099 wrote: Oh, you do that too?:yh_rotfl People watching should become a sport:wah: they start drinking here the night before .the parades in Lafayette start EARLY. By 10 most are TOAST:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Friendships??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1062128 wrote: they start drinking here the night before .the parades in Lafayette start EARLY. By 10 most are TOAST:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Same here in Philly. Bonkers by noon and obnoxious by 2pm. When we went to the Phillies parade a couple of weeks ago, their were people already wasted by 10am and they were drinking on the trains. We left after seeing the team go by as we had our little guy with us.
southern yankee

Friendships??

qsducks;1062155 wrote: Same here in Philly. Bonkers by noon and obnoxious by 2pm. When we went to the Phillies parade a couple of weeks ago, their were people already wasted by 10am and they were drinking on the trains. We left after seeing the team go by as we had our little guy with us. Drinking on the streets in La. is allowed. Sometimes i think encouraged:confused:
sunny104

Friendships??

Post by sunny104 »

flopstock;1062127 wrote: Most of the folks that I really like on here, have no idea. I don't chat, PM or go off into email land... I generally just read them and follow them around.:sneaky:

You are all equally nice and inviting, in the world that is my head..:p

I got to meet one of us this year, I liked her better then I did myself..:D

I got to meet a group of us a while ago, it was the best of times, out of the worst of times - but it was the best of me, I think... :thinking:

someday I'd like to meet some of the folks I have been imagining in my head.

i'd most likely walk right past you, however. In real life, I am the shyest person I know when not talking work..:o

we are SO alike.....:thinking: :D :-4 :-6
Odie

Friendships??

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1061777 wrote: this site has brought people together. which would have never met. There is something VERY SPECIAL going on here:-4 FG has brought more joy to my life. That is a true gift in itself:-4:-4

this site has brought a new meaning to our lives with friendship, FG has brought me from a shy little newbie to making tons of friends, good times and bad times, learning new things every day, being able to say what you feel, my friendships here have made me life extremely happy!:-4
shelbell

Friendships??

Post by shelbell »

I can't believe I missed this thread!!! I just love all of you! Being on FG has helped me come out of my "shell" just a little...and special :-4 and :yh_hugs to my "sisters". :-6
southern yankee

Friendships??

shelbell;1069139 wrote: I can't believe I missed this thread!!! I just love all of you! Being on FG has helped me come out of my "shell" just a little...and special :-4 and :yh_hugs to my "sisters". :-6 Hey I wish everyone would say something on this thread. I hope everyone has found friendship here:-4 with someone:)
Trunk Monkey

Friendships??

Post by Trunk Monkey »

I have met many friends here at FG. My "special" friend is Slipstream (David). He is the most courageous and insipring person I could ever have the pleasure to meet. No matter what he's facing, he does it without complaining and can always bring a smile to my face. I just :-4 him and so happy I found him here.
Chezzie

Friendships??

Post by Chezzie »

Well I feel I have made lots and lots of friends, I like everyone at FG:-6
Odie

Friendships??

Post by Odie »

Chezzie;1069564 wrote: Well I feel I have made lots and lots of friends, I like everyone at FG:-6

Chezzie's a darn good egg!:-4
Odie

Friendships??

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1069139 wrote: I can't believe I missed this thread!!! I just love all of you! Being on FG has helped me come out of my "shell" just a little...and special :-4 and :yh_hugs to my "sisters". :-6

you miss all the good threads!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

hugs back sis!:-4
southern yankee

Friendships??

Odie;1069567 wrote: you miss all the good threads!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

hugs back sis!:-4 we are all slow theses days:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Friendships??

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1069572 wrote: we are all slow theses days:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl