Love?

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
fuzzywuzzy

Love?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

How do you know if a man is trully in love with you?

This is how it's panning out at the moment.

I think a particular gentleman is totally head over heels in love with me. Why? Because he has said so . He has said that I've softened him and that he's never allowed his guard down to this extent ever in his life. ( his life long friends tell me "he's lots his nuts" (first time I've ever heard that expression and had to ask someone what it meant:-2 JESUS!!!! I had know idea men did that.) He also said he'd like one more child before he shuffles off this mortal coil and asked if I'd be obliging ? :o:p cute. Money is know object to him, and he's practically offered me and the boys the world. He showers me with gifts and says that I can have anything I want from him.............hmmmmmm tempting but stupid. I dont' like being beholding to anyone.

Now, I know this man and his background (to an extent) and I know what it must have been like growing up. (he had it extremely hard) He's a hard tough individual with a certain look that stops people in their tracks. It's funny though cause when he tries to do it to me I just crack up laughing , it doesn't scare me at all, I think he likes that. :D

His friends say "I'm in" didn't know what that meant but now I do and I'm kind of touched by it. Apparently certain people do not talk or engage friendships with these people unless you're one of them. well If ***** says you're in and says your're a trusted person, then you're in and there's nothing anyone can do about it. :-3 I'm probably not taking this seriously enough because to me it seems kind of silly and boys clubish , but I suppose they have their reasons and I've been held in confidence to this point and been able to advise him on a couple of issues.

He does things to try to get on my goat . He's putting up a flag pole with the southern cross, the northern Irish flag and the chinese flag :yh_rotfl I say I'll burn them and he just laughs.........he knows I wont do it . He always takes me at my word (which I'm not very used to) and well....he trusts me . Is that love?

As some of you know I'm having to learn how to trust the simple male specimen all over again and I'm not quite sure about all of this .

Just recently he has convinced me to put on a birthday party for my son. It's really funny, they've "been in talks, secret mens business" so far we have catering and a ten pin bowling ally being set up in the back yard and hundreds of balloons and of course they have to think about the girls entertainment. I'm not allowed to be apart of these talks :yh_rotfl My other son has been texting him back an forth with fishing wind ups and jokes and he gets to go out in his boat fishing .........again secret mens business. He's lovely and generous with my sons and talks to them like adults, and yet sees the difference in them nad treats them quite differently.

by the way Keehan has brought home a trombone which at the moment hovers between flatulance and a dying elephant. ***** has convinced him if he stands outside the pub and busks he'll make a fortune !!!!!! He reckons the publican will give him hundreds of dollars just to move away from the pub door. More discussions are underway as to how to get away with it :yh_rotfl He's teaching Keehan that if you wnat a party you have to finance it somehow.

Pete drove my car into a tree and has written it off completely ..................that's a whole nother story . but now I'm without a car and this man has offered to pay for another one ...............and yes of course I've said no .

what to do, what to do
qsducks

Love?

Post by qsducks »

fuzzywuzzy;1163979 wrote: How do you know if a man is trully in love with you?

This is how it's panning out at the moment.

I think a particular gentleman is totally head over heels in love with me. Why? Because he has said so . He has said that I've softened him and that he's never allowed his guard down to this extent ever in his life. ( his life long friends tell me "he's lots his nuts" (first time I've ever heard that expression and had to ask someone what it meant:-2 JESUS!!!! I had know idea men did that.) He also said he'd like one more child before he shuffles off this mortal coil and asked if I'd be obliging ? :o:p cute. Money is know object to him, and he's practically offered me and the boys the world. He showers me with gifts and says that I can have anything I want from him.............hmmmmmm tempting but stupid. I dont' like being beholding to anyone.

Now, I know this man and his background (to an extent) and I know what it must have been like growing up. (he had it extremely hard) He's a hard tough individual with a certain look that stops people in their tracks. It's funny though cause when he tries to do it to me I just crack up laughing , it doesn't scare me at all, I think he likes that. :D

His friends say "I'm in" didn't know what that meant but now I do and I'm kind of touched by it. Apparently certain people do not talk or engage friendships with these people unless you're one of them. well If ***** says you're in and says your're a trusted person, then you're in and there's nothing anyone can do about it. :-3 I'm probably not taking this seriously enough because to me it seems kind of silly and boys clubish , but I suppose they have their reasons and I've been held in confidence to this point and been able to advise him on a couple of issues.

He does things to try to get on my goat . He's putting up a flag pole with the southern cross, the northern Irish flag and the chinese flag :yh_rotfl I say I'll burn them and he just laughs.........he knows I wont do it . He always takes me at my word (which I'm not very used to) and well....he trusts me . Is that love?

As some of you know I'm having to learn how to trust the simple male specimen all over again and I'm not quite sure about all of this .

Just recently he has convinced me to put on a birthday party for my son. It's really funny, they've "been in talks, secret mens business" so far we have catering and a ten pin bowling ally being set up in the back yard and hundreds of balloons and of course they have to think about the girls entertainment. I'm not allowed to be apart of these talks :yh_rotfl My other son has been texting him back an forth with fishing wind ups and jokes and he gets to go out in his boat fishing .........again secret mens business. He's lovely and generous with my sons and talks to them like adults, and yet sees the difference in them nad treats them quite differently.

by the way Keehan has brought home a trombone which at the moment hovers between flatulance and a dying elephant. ***** has convinced him if he stands outside the pub and busks he'll make a fortune !!!!!! He reckons the publican will give him hundreds of dollars just to move away from the pub door. More discussions are underway as to how to get away with it :yh_rotfl He's teaching Keehan that if you wnat a party you have to finance it somehow.

Pete drove my car into a tree and has written it off completely ..................that's a whole nother story . but now I'm without a car and this man has offered to pay for another one ...............and yes of course I've said no .

what to do, what to do

Sounds like your in love too:-4
fuzzywuzzy

Love?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Not sure about that ducky. I'm touched and honoured but I'm not sure it's love. we shall see.:o
Kindle

Love?

Post by Kindle »

How do you feel when you are apart from him?

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
fuzzywuzzy

Love?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Hhhmmm didn't think of that . well he went away on a hunting trip for a week but rang and texted me about 10 times a day so I suppose we really havent been apart since we met.

Oh and by the way unbeknownst to me, he'd been trying to find out as much as possible about me for the last 7 months. I'd heard about him because he's well known but I'd never layed eyes on him nor knew where he lived ........everyone just assumed I knew. :-2 I didn't know anything. God I'm dumb sometimes :-5
along-for-the-ride

Love?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

:wah: Slow down, girlfriend. Enjoy yourself and enjoy his company just as you are doing. He does sound great for you and your boys.:)

Some say there is a difference between being "in love" and "love". All I can say is that when I look at my Hubby, I know I love him and that he loves me. I think that we are "in love" as well. Not with the corny romantic characteristics, but with the shared smiles, the shared looks, the shared jokes. Nothing has more meaning than sharing your life with someone who cares about you. And you having someone to care about. Is this love? :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
laneybug

Love?

Post by laneybug »

In my opinion, if you need to ask if a man is truly in love with you, than he probably isn't. That's harsh, maybe. But it's not meant to be.

Some things you just know, without question. Including whether you truly love him.
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.
Rapunzel

Love?

Post by Rapunzel »

fuzzywuzzy;1163979 wrote: by the way Keehan has brought home a trombone which at the moment hovers between flatulance and a dying elephant.

lmfao :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

Why do you have to do anything hunny?

Why not just enjoy this mans company and take things nice and slow. What's the rush?

He sounds REALLY lovely and he's great with your kids, which is wonderful.

Oh, and I'd take the car. If he can afford it and it would make him happy to buy it for you, then why not have it? He'd probably be happier knowing you were safe too. Wouldn't you do the same thing if the situations were reversed? If you would then let him do it. :-6 Relax, have fun, you deserve it. :-6
qsducks

Love?

Post by qsducks »

fuzzywuzzy;1163983 wrote: Not sure about that ducky. I'm touched and honoured but I'm not sure it's love. we shall see.:o

Give it time.
TheNewDG

Love?

Post by TheNewDG »

ASk him to go the local market and pick you up some tampons and/or vaginal cream. If he does it, he loves you.
minks

Love?

Post by minks »

TheNewDG;1164552 wrote: ASk him to go the local market and pick you up some tampons and/or vaginal cream. If he does it, he loves you.

OMG you almost made me pee while laughing... ahahahaha

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I say enjoy the way he makes you feel.

Time will tell hun.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
TheNewDG

Love?

Post by TheNewDG »

minks;1164554 wrote: OMG you almost made me pee while laughing... ahahahaha

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I say enjoy the way he makes you feel.

Time will tell hun.

I guess I should think about this one because if I ask my HUSBAND to buy tampons he looks at me like I have three heads and says, "are you serious?". I tell him to forget it. Buying them myself is easier than talking him into it.

Good luck fuzz!
qsducks

Love?

Post by qsducks »

Fuzzy, I saw on the news this morning that it takes a man about 11 seconds to fall in love with a woman. The woman takes about 4 seconds.:wah:
Nomad

Love?

Post by Nomad »

So if Im reading this correctly, and I want to be sure. You are implying there is no more "us" ?

Its not that I mind being dumped so much as as being dumped in public.

Well Ive been dumped in public before. I can handle it.

In fact Im dumping you. Too bad so sad. And I want my stuff back. The blender, the new siding on your house, I want that back. Now. Today !

All those things I said about you being beautiful and smelling like a bouqet of roses after fighting brush fire for 3 weeks ?

Lies. All lies. You looked like a raccoon and you smelled like an incinerator.

I am so over you. HA ! You who ? Whos you ? I dont know....I cant even see you. lalalalalalalalala...I cant hear yooou !
I AM AWESOME MAN
fuzzywuzzy

Love?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

BUT?..............I didn't mean.................Nommmy ............darling!!!!!!!!!!

sweetheart it's not what you think. The others don't mean a thing to me.

Yes!! yes okay!!!!!

So bully me into admitting sleeping around on you !!!! fine!!! that's just like you !!!! this relationship is always about you !!! It's always about what Nomad wants!!! ..................SEE!!! Now I'm upset, you always go out of your way to upset me. Is it no wonder I stray????

nommy darling you don't understand ............I have needs.

I may have sex with them........Yes okay................ I'll give you that...... BUT I make lurve to you:-4:-4
fuzzywuzzy

Love?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Hhhhmmmmmm so how do I put this . Can there be a generation gap so wide that it would be impossible to understand each other?

when you do something you think is a nice thing to do and the persons you've done it for actually get angry because "it's not their way" what do you do? I've had the whole situation explained to me but I still don't get it. It's not the way of the 'Family'...................I'm like huh?????

when the gentleman who built the bowling alley had finished I thought I'd do something nice for them. I went and bought a slab of beer and ciggarettes. They'd given me money to buy them but I shouted them instead and put their money back in their cars.............. somehow I've insulted them. They actually got angry. I tried to explain how I was touched by what they were doing for my boy and how they'd worked in the sun all day and deserved my appreciation. Well apparently it's not what the 'Family' is all about. They don't take "payment" from other members of the 'Family' . I'm still trying to work out what the hell they are on about .

Am I so dumb that I'm missing something here? I've never belonged to any "group" especially not this kind . (which I have to stress I didn't ask to belong to them. They just felt I could be trusted........but I also don't like to feel indebted to people either.)
Nomad

Love?

Post by Nomad »

fuzzywuzzy;1166906 wrote: BUT?..............I didn't mean.................Nommmy ............darling!!!!!!!!!!

sweetheart it's not what you think. The others don't mean a thing to me.

Yes!! yes okay!!!!!

So bully me into admitting sleeping around on you !!!! fine!!! that's just like you !!!! this relationship is always about you !!! It's always about what Nomad wants!!! ..................SEE!!! Now I'm upset, you always go out of your way to upset me. Is it no wonder I stray????

nommy darling you don't understand ............I have needs.

I may have sex with them........Yes okay................ I'll give you that...... BUT I make lurve to you:-4:-4

Did someone hear something ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
fuzzywuzzy

Love?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

shut up Nomad!!!!:-5:p
along-for-the-ride

Love?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Yeah....................shu'up Nomie. :D

This is what I'm hearing...............Listen carefully now...............

YouTube - All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
fuzzywuzzy

Love?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

nthing you can do that can't be done. la la la ala lalallallala

swaying and singing . waving lighter in the air.:wah:
fuzzywuzzy

Love?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

So there you have it. Apparently I'm not supposed to talk about my past. Apparently my NEW life happened only ten weeks ago.......EXCUSE ME?

Then i had to sit there and listen to two people reminice about their past (including girls) oh dear.....I really thought that this person would have been beyond that bullshit.

well here's starting from scratch again..............:o

Please god give me a normal person.:lips:
fuzzywuzzy

Love?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Messages on my answering machine, about four a day. When I don't ring him back he rings and asks what's going on :-2 I'm like huh? This one wants my attention constantly and asked tonight "Are we in a relationship" I'm like "Are we?" Then everything started coming back and I'm like, OH SHITT he's serious - very serious. I'm not even out of my marriage yet :-3 I thought.........no never mind, I didn't think and that's the problem.

all the food has been bought for the party and the guests are all coming ...............I think I'll wait until after it to tell him this is going too far.

I'm not ready for this serious stuff.

tonight I said I'm feeling kind of smothered, and then backed that up with " It's not like I'm married to you " and he responded "but I want you to be".

Oh god What have I done.!!!!!!!!:-3:-3:-5
mikeinie

Love?

Post by mikeinie »

I love this thread... I can't wait to hear what happens next.
qsducks

Love?

Post by qsducks »

fuzzywuzzy;1163983 wrote: Not sure about that ducky. I'm touched and honoured but I'm not sure it's love. we shall see.:o

Is this the guy that's throwing your party for you? You better come clean with him FB...I know it will hurt him more but you need to unload it and unburden the guilt.
fuzzywuzzy

Love?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

mikeinie;1179137 wrote: I love this thread... I can't wait to hear what happens next.

It's like a soap isn't it? I'm waiting for "Ridge" to walk through the door and give that soapy shocked look.:yh_rotfl

I'm telling him on Monday ducky. I can't tell him before the party that would be really disgusting to do . I'd like to talk to him properly first.
fuzzywuzzy

Love?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well I did it and after the party it was that diffcult at all. :-5 I'll explain later
fuzzywuzzy

Love?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

So anyway another update on our beloved friend here .

The reason it was not difficult to say enough is enough was becuase at the party, wayne got drunk and decided to tell me he was going to hit my brother. :-2 My brother got drunk and before you think the worst. Was a very happy chappy. So I didn't know what was happening there until later when someone said to me "was your brother yelling at you in that room?" I'm like " huh" " no we were debating the economic crisis and global warming ", we were having a hearty discussion". When their eyes glazed over at the word 'economic' i knew they weren't used to those discussions.

Then I saw Wayne come outside with a beer, and promptly sat himself down on a chair and go to sleep, he'd been going all night cooking and stuff. I felt sorry for him because this was all for me. I turned to his trusted friend and said " we have to get him inside to a more comfortable chair or bed." His mate not understanding the urgency of Wayne falling off the chair, says.."He'll be right "........At which point I say more sternly this time ..." no I don't think he will be" .....THEN he says " I'll hit you if you speak to me like that"........I'm like huh?:-2:-2:-2 where the heck did that come from? So I decided okay, there were enough wittnesses to that outburst, I'll just walk away now.

Now, after this all came out as reasoning not to be seeing this person anymore, I found this out. ..............Wayne had told them all. that I said to back off (yes I put it nicely in a letter). These friends of his, decided to revenge wayne by telling him that he should show Pete the little notes I'd written to him during his intervention order proceedings. (they thought they were love letters or something of that nature, they'd never seen them but heard I wrote little notes like friendship stuff you get over the net.) Apparently Pete would be so upset that he'd "bash the crap out of me" or in their words "kill" me. What a nice bunch of folk they are . All because I don't want a relationship with their friend.:-5 They were going to manipulate a situation to have me bashed or hoping I would be killed............that's lovely.:rolleyes:

So I tell Pete about this ......I figured if he was going to kill me then He should know about it up front. So needless to say I've asked for some government support here . It's not going to be me watching her back . :D:D

Anyway Wayne did not give them to pete, he gave them to me, because in his words "he'd never want to see me hurt "..... but as I said to him " do you really think I want my children around you or your friends now?".........so it's over . and I hope he understands I don't want any part of his world.

I always say to people "i"ll be your bestest friend, but please don't try to hurt me because you'll be hurt more." And as it's panning out ...Waynes starting to see the error of his ways and hopefully he'll become an even nicer guy and ditch these people and get himself a very nice woman . I've begun to see why he can't hold on to a relationship..............You have to join the family.........nuh uh, women don't want schoolboy clubs. Women want the man, not the mens club.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”