Keehans first birthday party

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

As some of you know my chosen belief system doesn't indulge in birthdays christmas etc. ...But that's slowly changing. My life is different now

so Keesy asked for an 11th birthday party ......yep okay , invite your whole class.

Great idea huh? I thought last day of the term should be the day and just to be different we'll have it at night.:) they can play 'murder in the dark' and stuff.

Problem!!!! They get out at 2:30 pm and the party doesn't start until five pm ........most of the kids parents work so quite a number of them will come home on the bus with him . so essentially the party will begin at around 3 to 9 pm.

so...........I tell a few of my neighbours in the town about this up and coming event..........UH OH. (there's only six kids in our town and i think the older folk here are trying to relive their childhoods.)

From one source: A thirty year old billy cart has been retrieved from someones old shed. It's being stripped and painted and it's looking pretty good. By the time it's finished I'll want the darn thing.:wah:

One had a discussion with keehan about what he'd like at his party . Keesy jokingly said an entire bowling ally.....................guess what is being made up as I sit here typing? Some one is actually building a bowling lane . Where the heck am I going to put it?:-2

apparently he must have a pinyarta thingy..........it seems everyone apparently has a pinyarta thingy at their parties.

then there is the finale!!! someone has heaps of rockets. (fireworks) they are illegal here ...........................so I know nothing:-3

Okay so we have street cricket.........(hope my insurance covers other peples windows. )and a fire to roast marshmellows (so that rules out the hay bales to sit on.) and lots of food and drink. no red cordial like has been mentioned. (The older guys said they'd supply the punch but it has to be red cordial with a bit of this and that in it.:-3)

so the party is this friday and i've learnt to shut my mouth because I said " at this rate we'll need the army to come in and be bouncers " but their faces lit up and I had to scream "NO!!!!"

So all up an interesting week . I sort of don't mind the hullabaloo over all this because the kids have all had a pretty traumatic time over the last couple of months.:D I say......... let it rip!!!! and have a good time.:D

But does anyone have any suggestions how to entertain gilrs? we'll only have three of them out of twenty kids. and any crazy suggestions will be most welcome.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Give them access to your pc:wah:
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1166940 wrote: As some of you know my chosen belief system doesn't indulge in birthdays christmas etc. ...But that's slowly changing. My life is different now

so Keesy asked for an 11th birthday party ......yep okay , invite your whole class.

Great idea huh? I thought last day of the term should be the day and just to be different we'll have it at night.:) they can play 'murder in the dark' and stuff.

Problem!!!! They get out at 2:30 pm and the party doesn't start until five pm ........most of the kids parents work so quite a number of them will come home on the bus with him . so essentially the party will begin at around 3 to 9 pm.

so...........I tell a few of my neighbours in the town about this up and coming event..........UH OH. (there's only six kids in our town and i think the older folk here are trying to relive their childhoods.)

From one source: A thirty year old billy cart has been retrieved from someones old shed. It's being stripped and painted and it's looking pretty good. By the time it's finished I'll want the darn thing.:wah:

One had a discussion with keehan about what he'd like at his party . Keesy jokingly said an entire bowling ally.....................guess what is being made up as I sit here typing? Some one is actually building a bowling lane . Where the heck am I going to put it?:-2

apparently he must have a pinyarta thingy..........it seems everyone apparently has a pinyarta thingy at their parties.

then there is the finale!!! someone has heaps of rockets. (fireworks) they are illegal here ...........................so I know nothing:-3

Okay so we have street cricket.........(hope my insurance covers other peples windows. )and a fire to roast marshmellows (so that rules out the hay bales to sit on.) and lots of food and drink. no red cordial like has been mentioned. (The older guys said they'd supply the punch but it has to be red cordial with a bit of this and that in it.:-3)

so the party is this friday and i've learnt to shut my mouth because I said " at this rate we'll need the army to come in and be bouncers " but their faces lit up and I had to scream "NO!!!!"

So all up an interesting week . I sort of don't mind the hullabaloo over all this because the kids have all had a pretty traumatic time over the last couple of months.:D I say......... let it rip!!!! and have a good time.:D

But does anyone have any suggestions how to entertain gilrs? we'll only have three of them out of twenty kids. and any crazy suggestions will be most welcome.

Won't the boys manage that?

Sounds like a fantastic party :-6
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

qsducks;1166945 wrote: Give them access to your pc:wah:

DUCKY they are so not coming near this PC. Or maybe I should let them loose on FG. How many warnings do I have up my sleeve before banning comes into effect?

No really ducky, what's fashionable these days at parties for kids? 11 to 12 year olds ?

OH and i mentioned to keehan that I had the music all worked out he "hhhhmmmmd"" at me . the kids are bringing their own music I've been told ............why do I feel old all of the sudden?:o

Yeah Bryn why not make it a real whodinger of a party. any suggestions? No I'm not playing 'shark bait' like my mum suggested.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1166960 wrote: DUCKY they are so not coming near this PC. Or maybe I should let them loose on FG. How many warnings do I have up my sleeve before banning comes into effect?

No really ducky, what's fashionable these days at parties for kids? 11 to 12 year olds ?

OH and i mentioned to keehan that I had the music all worked out he "hhhhmmmmd"" at me . the kids are bringing their own music I've been told ............why do I feel old all of the sudden?:o

Yeah Bryn why not make it a real whodinger of a party. any suggestions? No I'm not playing 'shark bait' like my mum suggested.

When my middle daughter was thirteen we held a teenage party for her - it ended up that we supplied the food, they supplied the music and generated all of their own entertainment.

It sounds as though yours will be a much grander affair and way out of my league in the organisation stakes.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Hee hee.

Nothing like a kids' party to liven up your day.:-6

:wah:

:yh_party
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

:-6Wow, what a great party! Sounds like everyone is ready to celebrate!
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Get ready for them OP you'll be putting them on too :wah: good luck:D

Yeah chonsi we need a bit of celebrating and fun around here. why not .:D Have to admit it would be nothing like this if others hadn't have got involved. People are nice I reckon.

just thinking of other stuff to do though. This is their last year of primary school, best to remember it with fun rather than the other "F" word.. the kids call 'fire' the "F" word now.:rolleyes::)
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

fuzzywuzzy;1166984 wrote: Get ready for them OP you'll be putting them on too :wah: good luck:D

I hope so.:-6
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I'd like to say it went off without a hitch but then I'd have to double over laughing my head off............oh good god!!!:-5

We havent had much rain for over 3 months. Yesterday we had severe thunderstorms and apparently there was flash flooding in some parts.:-2

It rained and rained and rained. Guess who organised all outside activities? Did I mention it rained?

I get on the phone and beg for help ............."hi ummmmm, " that's all I needed to say. The responce " can you move the whole lot around to my place?"

Oh my god, "absolutely"!

So after writing a note on the door for parents we moved everything around to Waynes place.

(Oh I forgot to mention, I 'd ran out of water, better order some today . Oh and the power went off a couple of times.......while I was cooking.aaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!)

So all up we got one end of Waynes house to have this party . The billy cart went down a treat, the kids played pool and had fire works later on ...................then they went home thank God!!!!!!!!

Teh kids go to their dads for the first week of the holidays...................so I'm off to the high country to fish and hunt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or just to sit around and watch the snow fall onto the peaks. .........................................

Oh god I need a break, I really have to stop talking about it and actually do it!!!!
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Despite everything, I'm glad the kids enjoyed themselves. That's the important thing I reckon. There are always hitches it seems.:) It takes a lot to stop kids from having fun.:-6
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

What's really great is when the kids were out on the billy cart rather late, I thought people (they're much older in this town) would complain. But the opposite happened, the neighbours were wrapped to see kids having fun in the old fashioned way. In fact I didnt know they were watching the kids, but they saw all the spills and laughter and apparently had a giggle to themselves. We probably provided them with some memories of their youth. Same thing happened when the kids began playing street cricket awhile ago. The neighbours said it was nice to see kids in the street again.
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1166940 wrote: As some of you know my chosen belief system doesn't indulge in birthdays christmas etc. ...But that's slowly changing. My life is different now

there isn't anything nicer than a kids' party!:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

fuzzywuzzy;1173205 wrote: What's really great is when the kids were out on the billy cart rather late, I thought people (they're much older in this town) would complain. But the opposite happened, the neighbours were wrapped to see kids having fun in the old fashioned way. In fact I didnt know they were watching the kids, but they saw all the spills and laughter and apparently had a giggle to themselves. We probably provided them with some memories of their youth. Same thing happened when the kids began playing street cricket awhile ago. The neighbours said it was nice to see kids in the street again.

That's great.

It's a different world for kids and adults these days. When I was young you'd get to know most of the neighbours and perhaps there'd be one or two rangy old moaners who never liked kids.

Now, hardly anyone knows anyone. Kids probably do better than adults at getting to know who's who but the streets are full of strangers in most places and so it doesn't feel very safe to be out. There's no community like there used to be. This is the price of change. Play areas are not considered safe either. On top of this is the effect of the Internet revolution. It's much safer and easier to chat with your mates online and this makes for quiet empty streets. I don't suppose that the moaning monsters are any happier. They haven't anyone to moan at or chase out of their gardens.:D
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

We had moaner next door to us. an old Russian man. He never gave our balls back. Until one day (I think he was drunk on his home made Vodka, which may I add, dad used to enjoy also Hee hee hee but that's another story) he came into our front garden with all our balls and a heap of framed pictures and sat on the grass with us and explained in very broken english what they were about. He was a young man in one wearing a cossack uniform. funny you know I'd known he existed all my life and suddenly we knew him as he was. He was still grumpy after that but at least he stopped being the enigma next door. And we said hello to him more often too.
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1173947 wrote: We had moaner next door to us. an old Russian man. He never gave our balls back. Until one day (I think he was drunk on his home made Vodka, which may I add, dad used to enjoy also Hee hee hee but that's another story) he came into our front garden with all our balls and a heap of framed pictures and sat on the grass with us and explained in very broken english what they were about. He was a young man in one wearing a cossack uniform. funny you know I'd known he existed all my life and suddenly we knew him as he was. He was still grumpy after that but at least he stopped being the enigma next door. And we said hello to him more often too.

it always great to make nice neighbors.
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”