This is the story of a girl...

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
VirtualStatesman

Post by VirtualStatesman »

... well, I won't carry on with the lyrics here, since they don't really fit.

However, I've a dilemma regarding a girl. (Then again, what guy doesn't?)

So there is this girl who I have been friends with for some time. She seems to get me (which really is pretty rare, in the grand scheme of things), enjoy my company, etc. So, she and I were walking the beach one night and I was about to ask her on a date when she mentioned being courted by another fellow.

Cutting to the chase, I clammed up and she wound up in a strange sort of psuedo-romantic relationship with him. Thing is, I'm the guy she comes to in order to talk about this fellah, mull over ideas/intentions... etc.

Thing is, I now live in fear of running the false friend. While I don't have to like her choice, I do, at least, have to respect it. Thus, I'm afraid I'm going to try and sabotage them for a shot at her knickers.

Not much in terms of advice, I guess... but its good to tell someone.
[CENTER]The Virtual Statesman
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Forget about the "knickers' for awhile. ;)

Just be there as a friend, that is, if you still want a relationship with her. See her as a person, not just a .................well you know.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

The chances are that by carrying out this plan, you'd end up with nothing. If it was going to be, and you say you've been friends for some time, it would have happened before now. Your plan would just ruin the friendship.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Dude, life is too short and there are little second chances. Do you want to be her ‘friend’ for life?? That’s how she sees you and you need make her see you as more. There is no prize here for second place.

Don’t sabotage the relationship, but tell her you have strong feelings for her and are uncomfortable giving her advice to strengthen their relationship when in fact you want her for yourself.

What’s the worse that can happen??
VirtualStatesman

Post by VirtualStatesman »

I have no plan, actually. My worry is that because I am not a disinterested party, any support I might give will not have her best interest in mind. I mean, if I was just trying to pull them apart, not much of a dilemma, just try to do it, you know?

The dilemma is that I do not trust myself.
[CENTER]The Virtual Statesman

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”