I learnt something tonight.....

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Odie

Post by Odie »

As I watched HOUSE, my favorite t.v. program, in it was the wisest psychiatrist I have ever seen nor heard of.....and I learned a valuable lesson tonight.

-why sometimes do I value my failures more than I value my success's?

'you acknowledge your failures'

'you say your sorry, you let yourself feel better'

'you let yourself learn how to feel better'

'and you move on'

so I am saying to everyone here, if I have ever hurt you, caused you undue pain, caused you unhappiness or sorrow?

I am truly sorry.

I never meant to cause you sorrow and pain.

and for that I am truly really sorry.

I am not asking nor expecting reply's......just something I had to say.
Life is just to short for drama.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Yep it was a powerful episode HOUSE love him. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

Post by Odie »

CARLA;1247089 wrote: Yep it was a powerful episode HOUSE love him. ;)

you saw also, I'm glad you and I finally did.

........it was indeed a powerful episode.:-4
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Huge statement there Odie as written words can indeed hurt........well said.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Odie;1247087 wrote: As I watched HOUSE, my favorite t.v. program, in it was the wisest psychiatrist I have ever seen nor heard of.....and I learned a valuable lesson tonight.

-why sometimes do I value my failures more than I value my success's?

'you acknowledge your failures'

'you say your sorry, you let yourself feel better'

'you let yourself learn how to feel better'

'and you move on'

so I am saying to everyone here, if I have ever hurt you, caused you undue pain, caused you unhappiness or sorrow?

I am truly sorry.

and for that I am truly really sorry.

I am not asking nor expecting reply's......just something I had to say.

I don't watch 'House' but I appreciate how somebody can be affected by some contents of any drama.

What you have said, Odie, is very thought provoking. It has made me reflect on past occurrences concerning me and other members on this forum, and I would like also to say the words you have said:-

"so I am saying to everyone here, if I have ever hurt you, caused you undue pain, caused you unhappiness or sorrow?

I am truly sorry.

and for that I am truly really sorry."

The people on this forum know who I mean, and I sincerely hope you can find it in your hearts to let past things stay in the past and let's move on into a new friendly life, please. A new start ?

Thank you Odie, for starting this thread...................... it is such a pity to loose friendships over words spoken inappropriately and unintended, and maybe misunderstood. Life is too short. There is enough sadness caused by things we have no control over. :( :)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Post by Odie »

Carolly;1247125 wrote: Huge statement there Odie as written words can indeed hurt........well said.

thank you Carolly..

...-its not just about my written words here.....its also to encourage others who have also said hurtful things to one another here, and in real life situations.;)

as I said in my first post..........'just something I had to say.'

to acknowledge my wrongful doings here.
Odie

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1247147 wrote: I don't watch 'House' but I appreciate how somebody can be affected by some contents of any drama.

What you have said, Odie, is very thought provoking. It has made me reflect on past occurrences concerning me and other members on this forum, and I would like also to say the words you have said:-

"so I am saying to everyone here, if I have ever hurt you, caused you undue pain, caused you unhappiness or sorrow?

I am truly sorry.

and for that I am truly really sorry."

The people on this forum know who I mean, and I sincerely hope you can find it in your hearts to let past things stay in the past and let's move on into a new friendly life, please. A new start ?

Thank you Odie, for starting this thread...................... it is such a pity to loose friendships over words spoken inappropriately and unintended, and maybe misunderstood. Life is too short. There is enough sadness caused by things we have no control over. :( :)

You don't have to watch HOUSE, I was just telling what I had seen....and Carla heard these same words on HOUSE as she and I watch it.

it made me think and think......and I paused the things he said and wrote each one down........to keep and use here.

It doesn't mean I will get back whoever I hurt here as a friend and it was never posted for that reason.......its me, taking responsibly for what I had done or said.

and you know what Gill? I do feel better, just like the psychiatrist had said this to Dr. House, it did work!:guitarist

- it helped me to understand why at times do I take my failures over my success's?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

That's a good lesson to learn Odie. When was this House episode on, and do you remember the name of the episode? I would like to watch it.

I didn't realize that the new episodes were on yet....thought they started tonight....

Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1247253 wrote: That's a good lesson to learn Odie. When was this House episode on, and do you remember the name of the episode? I would like to watch it.

I didn't realize that the new episodes were on yet....thought they started tonight....

The Season Premiere was a 2 hour special last Monday night....so make sure you tape tonights as the second one is on and you don't want to miss that one.

not sure what they did call it, I would google:

'watch house season premiere 2009'

You have to see this one Kathy, it was just outstanding as he spent the entire time in the mental institution, to see how they do they things, then how HOUSE does things and how the head physiologist/psychiatrist thinks.......-we can talk about it weekly......had no idea you were a HOUSE fan!

yipppeeee!
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

First off, I LOVE House!!! Love it!

Second off, thanks for this thread.... I actually thought of starting an "I'm sorry" thread the other day. I've said a lot of things myself that I wish I had worded better or thought ahead before I spoke. Passion gets the best of me sometimes though and I let things bother me that I really shouldn't.

So I too would like to take this opportunity to say that I apologize for anything I said that hurt someone else here or was antagonizing in any way. I'm really not a mean and argumentative person in RL and I've realized that sometimes that's exactly how I've come across.

And I'd also like to say thanks to those who have taken the time to get to know me over the past few years... the real me and not the me that I tend to hide behind from time to time, i.e. the hardass :rolleyes::wah:

Thanks again Odie :-4
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1247269 wrote: The Season Premiere was a 2 hour special last Monday night....so make sure you tape tonights as the second one is on and you don't want to miss that one.

not sure what they did call it, I would google:

'watch house season premiere 2009'

You have to see this one Kathy, it was just outstanding as he spent the entire time in the mental institution, to see how they do they things, then how HOUSE does things and how the head physiologist/psychiatrist thinks.......-we can talk about it weekly......had no idea you were a HOUSE fan!

yipppeeee!

Damn....I didn't know it was on. Tonight there is only 1 hr show. But, it will be repeated eventually on USA. I couldn't find a free youtube of any of the House episodes.

Yes, I love House....and I love him:-4 wooohoooooo
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

Kathy Ellen;1247286 wrote: Damn....I didn't know it was on. Tonight there is only 1 hr show. But, it will be repeated eventually on USA. I couldn't find a free youtube of any of the House episodes.

Check on hulu KE ... that's where I find most of the episodes I missed and actually if you go to Fox's website they should have it there too :D

Edit:

:(... well, I just checked Hulu and Fox so I could link ya and both sites state that new episodes are on a 8-day delay :/ .. So, you may have to watch tonight's and then tomorrow or Wednesday you'll get to see the season premiere online....that sucks!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1247286 wrote: Damn....I didn't know it was on. Tonight there is only 1 hr show. But, it will be repeated eventually on USA. I couldn't find a free youtube of any of the House episodes.

it was called 'Broken'

yes, tonight they are back to the one hour episodes

just last Monday was a 2 hour one as it was the season premere.

try on their own website in a few days......

HOUSE t.v show.com

oh nothing beats Dr. Gregory House!:-4

oh yes, we must, we must start to talk HOUSE talk!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

WOW, thanks Beth. I will look into this later on...;):D
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

almostfamous;1247291 wrote: Check on hulu KE ... that's where I find most of the episodes I missed and actually if you go to Fox's website they should have it there too :D

Edit:

:(... well, I just checked Hulu and Fox so I could link ya and both sites state that new episodes are on a 8-day delay :/ .. So, you may have to watch tonight's and then tomorrow or Wednesday you'll get to see the season premiere online....that sucks!

Do I have to subscribe and is it free? I don't have time right now to check....way cool if it is:-6

Thanks for telling me Beth
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1247299 wrote: it was called 'Broken'

yes, tonight they are back to the one hour episodes

just last Monday was a 2 hour one as it was the season premere.

try on their own website in a few days......

HOUSE t.v show.com

oh nothing beats Dr. Gregory House!:-4

oh yes, we must, we must start to talk HOUSE talk!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Thanks Odie...I love everything about House.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1247303 wrote: Thanks Odie...I love everything about House.

do try and catch it...as you see him as you never have seen him before..........he's actually happy!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

and....he also sang on the show...which he does in real life..
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

Kathy Ellen;1247302 wrote: Do I have to subscribe and is it free? I don't have time right now to check....way cool if it is:-6

Thanks for telling me Beth

No subscription necessary... both sites are free. I like Hulu.com better myself because the commercials are much shorter. I rarely watch tv anymore thanks to that site :D
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

almostfamous;1247331 wrote: No subscription necessary... both sites are free. I like Hulu.com better myself because the commercials are much shorter. I rarely watch tv anymore thanks to that site :D

Thanks again Beth...I'll try it soon.:-6
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Remember that awful line from the movie Love Story, "Love means never having to say you're sorry." I always thought that was so untrue. We are all human and sometimes, because we are human, we make mistakes and hurt someone we love. Before we can move on and learn from our mistakes, we do have to say we are sorry and mean it.

I agree, Odie. We should acknowledge our mistakes and also learn from them. But, we should also acknowledge our accomplishments as well. Every once in awhile, we do the right thing. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

You're so right Odie, the written word can sometimes be as hurtful as the spoken word. Sometimes it's hard not to take the written word wrong, and you can't hear it tone of voice as to which would be so different that reading some words.

This is a great thread hun!!! :-4:-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1247366 wrote: Remember that awful line from the movie Love Story, "Love means never having to say you're sorry." I always thought that was so untrue. We are all human and sometimes, because we are human, we make mistakes and hurt someone we love. Before we can move on and learn from our mistakes, we do have to say we are sorry and mean it.

I agree, Odie. We should acknowledge our mistakes and also learn from them. But, we should also acknowledge our accomplishments as well. Every once in awhile, we do the right thing. ;)

oh gosh, I hate that line from Love Story!:-5:-5

It never did and never will make sense to me either.

your so right as I just learned this, you have to genuinely say your sorry and mean it.;)

and only after that.....you can move on.
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1247396 wrote: You're so right Odie, the written word can sometimes be as hurtful as the spoken word. Sometimes it's hard not to take the written word wrong, and you can't hear it tone of voice as to which would be so different that reading some words.

This is a great thread hun!!! :-4:-4

oh gosh yes Shell, the written words can even be more hurtful, revengeful, childish, undue swearing, and down right manipulating.

thanks sis......glad you enjoyed my post..only came to realize this when I heard those physiologist/psychiatrist words and just needed to post it- for me.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”