Apologizing

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Jazzy

Apologizing

Post by Jazzy »

When you know you have done something to hurt someone what is the best way you've found at apologizing and making amends?
G#Gill

Apologizing

Post by G#Gill »

Jazzy;1271999 wrote: When you know you have done something to hurt someone what is the best way you've found at apologizing and making amends?

Jazzy, I wish I knew ! I upset somebody badly, months and months ago. I've apologised numerous times, but it seems I shall never be forgiven, although it wasn't ALL my fault ! :(

I wish you well, and I do hope you have better luck than me ! :-3 :-6
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Barman

Apologizing

Post by Barman »

Take a large bunch of flowers and a large custard pie around to their home.

Hand over the bunch of flowers saying these are for you.

Then say this pie is for me cos i'm stupid and ram pie into your own face.

Mutter something like forgive me please for being a dolt.

That should do it.:)
mikeinie

Apologizing

Post by mikeinie »

Bashing my head against a brick wall until they forgive me…:-5

Just kidding, I try not to do anything to the people I care about that would make serious forgiveness a real issue.

Normally a sincere apology and an act of kindness would cover it.
Nomad

Apologizing

Post by Nomad »

Never !!!

I will burn in the bowels of hell and inhale the stench from satans breath before I apologize.
I AM AWESOME MAN
fuzzywuzzy

Apologizing

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Funny this has come up right now.

Someone said sorry to me last night. A very meaningful apology for what he did 21 years ago..............I burst into tears. I wasn't looking for the apology, never thought I would get it, because I believe in 'moving on" forgive and forget" all that stuff. But there was obviously something inside me that needed to hear it .

He smiled because I think he felt he'd finally said the right thing. He felt good and I felt a relief I've never felt before...................

bygones are really bygones now.:o:o:-6:-6:-6:-6
shelbell

Apologizing

Post by shelbell »

tell them how you are feeling about it and then let them express the reason they are so upset about it. Have a good heart to heart talk. Be the bigger person, especially if it wasn't all you, and if they can't accept it and forgive, then it's their loss...times like these are when you find out who your true friends are. :-4
Amythest

Apologizing

Post by Amythest »

If it was an innocent mistake on your part then admit the mistake and apologize face to face. If they suffered a loss then make up for it.

If it is a character flaw and you are willing to work on it and CHANGE then you may need to do that first before a person can trust again. You can admit that flaw, say you're working on it and apologize. It may take time.

Ask them how they view what you did, how it effected them and then ask what you can do to fix things.

Total Humility. Good luck!:)
flopstock

Apologizing

Post by flopstock »

Nomad;1272069 wrote: Never !!!

I will burn in the bowels of hell and inhale the stench from satans breath before I apologize.

I accept your offer:D
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

chonsigirl

Apologizing

Post by chonsigirl »

Nomad;1272069 wrote: Never !!!

Rats, knew I wasn't getting any flowers from you. :wah:

*getting out marshmallows to toast in that fire*
Bevdee

Apologizing

Post by Bevdee »

Just apologise from the heart. If the person is angry or hurt, let them tell you why and apologise again. (I hate it when people apologise then turn it into an argument). Sometimes it takes a while for the person to accept the apology (if they are angry, too, and not ready to let go of it. Then, walk away knowing you have done the best you can. :)

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”