What defines love

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
littleCJelkton

What defines love

Post by littleCJelkton »

Most people I know consider me a very logical person. That said logically from what I can theorize from the information I have gathered from my expeiriences with relationships, what I have viewed in other relationships, what I have researched and studied about the science of love and attraction, and what I have gathered from the opinions of others comes to this. My opinion is that love as is the "standard, norm ideal, ect" in most all cultures thrives on this notion that for each person there is another out there ment to be with that person and that through some pre determined fate or outside paranormal influences they will find each other. You can find refrences to this in statments about love all the time "they were ment to be together", "I think he/she is the one", or "is he/she the right one?". Attraction is not as devine as that the science of attraction comes down to how a person goes about picking a mate and the main thing that affects that decision is sex mainly for the purpose of having kids. This leads to the fact that when picking a mate a man is looking for a woman with the all important hourglass figure. Why is this, well it comes down to what is percieve good for reproduction.

for a Homosexual male

lLarger breast to stomach ratio give the notion of ample milk for the baby(s), small waist means the woman is eating and staying healthy if she can keep herself healthy better chance of keeping the baby(s) healthy, wide hips give a notion of ample room for the featus before birth and less comlications during birth. Put this together with fibonacci sequence and you get the magic ratio for the hour glass figure 36 24 36 in the fibonacci you have 0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34, so 34 21 34 ends up being the closes whcih is pretty close to what has become the ideal. So when a girl is percieved as sexy or "hot" this is because not just because the guy would like to have sex with her but because her body gives these perceptions of being better for reproduction.

A homosexual female

First thing a female sees is height in the saying "he is tall, dark and handsome" being tall is the first for a reason. Height gives a sense of security which is key for both the woman and the baby. Taller males tend to be stronger which is key to having the strength to fend off anything threatining the child and/or it's mother. In society today wealth also plays a key role as more sucsessful males have more resources to provide to a child and mother, but has been shown in numerous studies taller males often have the advantage at being able to obtain more sucesfull careers. After height a males broad shoulders reinforce the notion of strength and being able to defend the mother and child. Dark or tan and the appearance of healthy skin is important as it gives the notion that a male who has healthy skin will pass this trait down to the children. Finally the size of a males reproductive is important as the notion is the larger it is and larger the testies are the more sperm he can produce thus the greater chance of reproduction. Though to large means less pleasure for the woman and less chance of a woman's orgasm which leads to less of a chance for reproduction, in turn the average 5-8 inches.

What about homosexuality.

Homosexuality from what I have gathered from aquatancies I have that are gay, and research and science I have found on the subject comes from a variety of factors. From what I can gather when it began homosexualtiy began through bad relations of the oposite sex either, abuse or sexual depravity/dissatisfaction. Combine that with the positve relations with the same sex such as, able to connect more mentally, better understanding of each others needs, and the fact that where as an affair with another of the opposite sex who could provide better mental, emotional, or sexual satisfaction could result in pregnancy, an affair with one of the same sex could not thus being less likely to be found or if foun result in as much punishment, resentment, ect.., had it resulted in pregnancy by another man or with another woman.

The notion of Love

In my opion is the result of years of complicated cultural and relgious traditions, passed downed from genereation to generation to keep a couple together. The idea being as pre homo-saipiens we had to protect our young due to their high vulnerabilty to predators, in turn human mates had to stay together longer until a child could protect itself, this lead to more monogamous tendancies. As human evolved and became more civilized and social structure was formed and certian humans gained power Nobility was formed, As nobility wanted to keep the power in its family and other families of power or reputable wealth the children were selected to be together and fed the notion that they were ment to be together. This notion trickled down as alot of traditions were adopted by society from the wealty or noble class as "if it's good enough for them then it must be good" idea ruled the perception that fate or the gods or god pre-determines a couple to be together. From this you get the notion that if its determined by the gods or god than it must be a powerful force and thus love becomes adopted as this powerful force that drives couples together.

When you combine this with the science of attraction and a human's basic want for reproduction you get a notion that when a man and woman deside to become mates they also must know they they are doing so to have children and thus have to rais those children that means spending almost all your life together, such and accomplishment is percievied only to be obtainable if the power of love prevails over the naturlastic urges to be polygamous,

In conclusion In my opinion love really does not exsist with out the belief it is there and we are much more drawn together by the same natual process as animals are then we are by what can be percieved as love. I am interested if anyone agrees and if not what logical facts or instances can be made to prove that love not attraction is what drives human couples homosexual, heterosexual, or bisexual together.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”