The Emperor's new clothes

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Oldschoolguy

Post by Oldschoolguy »

I am a musician here in my area (the southeast) and there is a guy here who has had several bands and does not know how to handle people. He is not loyal to his band mates and will dump you in favor of another musician without even telling you. Most people in the area just flat out won't play with him any more because of how he mistreats people.

This same guy holds a little fest each year and people come from around the area to jam to a certain jam band's music. It was once a nice get together but over the last few years attendance has dropped as people, mostly area musicians, are not supporting the event for the above reasons. He cannot even get a band together to host the event and is barely keeping it afloat.

So, yesterday in a public forum on a band's website he trashed me for not supporting the event anymore. Why me I am not sure as there are many others who post (on that band's website) that feel the same way I do.

So, I trashed him back and said that he was the reason people are not supporting the event, that he doesn't care for or even thank the people who have made his little shindig happen, etc. (There are still people who think this guy is a saint, because they have never played in a band with him or had personal dealings with him, and know what a rotten person he can be. So I am likely going to ruffle more than a few feathers.)

So, I exposed the emporer for what he is. Was that bad?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Well I guess that depends on your definition of "trashed." Anyway my old dad used to always say thet two wrongs don't make a right. My advice? Go speak to the guy and tell him how you feel face to face.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Write a song about it.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”