Any Thought Or Advice? (Friendship Related)

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
wolfhowl12

Post by wolfhowl12 »

okay, so for a really long time now, I’ve been having these weird connections towards people I barely know. Like something about them attracts me and makes me want to be friends with them. Maybe its their vibe or their personality or something. I honestly don’t even know. if I can remember correctly, it’s happened about 4 times overall. over this time, I’ve had two very close friends which I’ve loved with all of my heart, but I don’t feel the same exact feeling about them, I guess. I also feel somewhat intimidated by these people, like I lock up and feel like I cant speak around them. im a naturally quiet person and I don’t talk very much anyways, though. usually the feelings don’t really bother me that much and I can usually just move on and go about like nothing has happened and it doesn’t matter. but when they show that they want to be friends with me too then I get extremely obsessive and often come off too strong on wanting the friendship. one time, one of them wanted to be friends with me, so we sort of were for a while, but then I had to move. since I desperately wanted that friendship, I freaked out and frantically tried to save it. I messaged her too much and I must have scared her away because she began to ignore me and wouldn’t reply to my messages no matter what I said. I had wanted that friendship more than anything at the time and she had made me believe that she had too and that we were going to become friends, but then she just changed her mind and got scared, I guess. I got really upset and was depressed for like 6 months or something. I was like that until I met my friend (who is my current best friend of today). I got kind of obsessive over that friendship and we got super close. we still are. but our friendship didn’t start out with me feeling drawn to her. now there’s a girl at my school who I feel kind of drawn to in that way. I feel like I want to be friends with her, but at the same time I don’t because I feel kind of intimidated by her and im too nervous to talk to her. I think she’s curious about me though (probably because im so quiet and I never talk and she’s wondering why) but ive caught her watching me a couple times. not creepy-like or anything, she just seems sort of curious, I guess. I don’t know what to do. I want to be friends with her, but like I said before, I feel intimidated, and I definitely don’t want to come off too strong like I did before, because I really don’t think I can deal with something like that again. if anyone has any suggestions, i’d love to hear. or if you have any thoughts on why I feel these connections, i’d really love to hear! I just want to hear what other people’s opinions are of this. thanks!
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Your age?

Your sounding young?

Bring a quiet introverted personality you already have your work cut out for you.

What is intimidating about this girl?

Some times a person looks one way and you befriend them and they're completely different.

Patsy
wolfhowl12

Post by wolfhowl12 »

I'm 14. and i'm not exactly sure what's intimidating about her. maybe it's just me, because I tend to be introverted. i'm not really sure.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Say HI and some small talk when you get an opportunity

She could be shy too.

Good luck

Patsy
wolfhowl12

Post by wolfhowl12 »

okay, I will try :) thank you

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”