What the b****y hell ???

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
AussiePam

What the b****y hell ???

Post by AussiePam »

Apparently the latest on this saga - is that an American lobby group have now taken exception to bloody on account of its literal meaning. Blood. Spilt blood. Which implies VIOLENCE.

So not only have we messed with religion (by improperly mentioning hell), we're also a nation of drunkards (someone got offered a beer) and last but not least - visitors are routinely gonna get clobbered to bleeding pulp probably by random boomerang attack (okay I made up the last bit).

Would you want your children exposed to such general filth, degradation and danger?? No. Me either!!

Stone the crows (oops that's a violent expression!!) Oh dear!! (better?) .. this gets worse and worse. I might just hafta emigrate.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

gordonartist

What the b****y hell ???

Post by gordonartist »

About Canada in the Sydney Morning Herald.

In Canada, where the Senate is appointed and not elected, absenteeism remains a problem. Daryl Taylor, a resident of Toronto, noticed a cartoon on this theme in The Globe and Mail.

It depicted an empty Senate with one of Australia's internationally famous "Where the bloody hell are you?" posters on the wall.

The message is getting through, one way or unother.

gordon
AussiePam

What the b****y hell ???

Post by AussiePam »

G'day All. It's bloody nice to be back and to find my fellow aussies keeping the faith, so to speak. Avagoodwun!!!!

AussiePam

What the b****y hell ???

Post by AussiePam »

Ah mrsK, Koochi - I hadta go walkabout, go bush in fact. Met my Sis for a few days sorting family business and also catching up generally. We went off to a spa in the Blue Mountains- and kept the rules mainly. Smile..... no meat, no coffee, no alcohol, no frolicking nekkid in the pool at midnight in bad company. I don't have a problem with authority.. guffaw.. so in the spirit of compliance, I stayed vegetarian. Bloody hell er heck, if the Good Lord had wanted us to be caffeine free, he wouldn't have invented coffee plungers. If He'd meant us to be completely sober He wouldnt have put a nice aussie country pub a mere 20 mins walk away. As fer the frolick thing, my lips are sealed...

AussiePam

What the b****y hell ???

Post by AussiePam »

Nar... a Lady never tells... big toothy Mona Lisa grin

Return to “Australia”