Not just cold meat but liars and convicts

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Our very own Aussie mufti (self appointed) Sheik Al-Hilarious has done it again. Australia should be a Muslim country as everyone else here - who are white skinned - are convicts and liars.. whereas the muslims paid their own way.

-----------------------

AAP reports

Don't come back, politicians tell mufti

By Lisa Allan

Politicians have urged gaffe-prone cleric Sheik Taj Aldin Alhilali not to bother returning to Australia.

But it's unlikely the Muslim cleric, who has been overseas since November, knows his latest controversial comments are causing such outrage in Australia.

The mufti labelled white Australians "liars" and said Muslims were more entitled to be in Australia than those with a convict heritage during his appearance on an Egyptian chat show.

The sheik also reiterated his view that the furore over him likening immodestly dressed women to uncovered meat was a conspiracy, and he also said Australian courts were anti-Muslim.

But his family is shielding him from the storm of condemnation from politicians and community groups, including Immigration Minister Amanda Vanstone who questioned his commitment to Australia.

"I remind Sheik Alhilali that if he doesn't like Australia, our heritage or our way of life, he doesn't have to come back," she said.

etc//

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/detail ... _id=547287
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

i have yet to meet an aussie that i did not like:)

the guy is an idiot ... well done a p for letting us know what he said :D
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Unfortunatly these guys are cropping up everywhere lately. Well, at least we know where we stand with them. There was a fella in Ireland the other day (they gave him a platform to speak at a debate in Trinity College) who started barracking the Irish for their non-muslimness (which is a bit odd considering we are world famous for being Catholics), and he informed us that we should all adopt sharia law and and Islamic flag should be flying from the Dail. I think the general Irish attitude was bemusement, with a touch of, "do we have them sticks handy lads?". Considering Irish history, you would think he would keep his head down, as we tend to get a bit testy about other people telling us what to do, but no, on he went, if it was 30 years ago he would now probably be in a barrel at the bottom of loch corrib, on fire, but we are a bit more relaxed nowdays, luckily for him. I have to say that the ordinary people in the very small Islamic community here, were pretty appaulled, as they could do without some guy coming over and pissing Irish people off about Islam. But these guys seem to be on a roll at the moment.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I'm still waiting for the GOOD Muslims to speak up. We keep hearing that most the Muslims are a peaceful lot yet we never hear anything but the radical idiots. Why is that?
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

YZGI;513809 wrote: I'm still waiting for the GOOD Muslims to speak up. We keep hearing that most the Muslims are a peaceful lot yet we never hear anything but the radical idiots. Why is that?

Because they are scared. Remember what happened to Salman Rushdie? Well, if we are the ones who have to face these people down, then so be it, its not like we havn't done it before. But we shoud resist the temptation of thinking that all muslims feel like this, they don't. They may not like a lot of western ideas, but most muslims are just ordinary people going about their business, its these radicals and clerics who shout the loudest who get heard and poison all reasonable discourse (as ever). Well, we've seen their types before and we know what its all about, so its a question of cool heads, and steady nerves.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Galbally;513836 wrote: Because they are scared. Remember what happened to Salman Rushdie? Well, if we are the ones who have to face these people down, then so be it, its not like we havn't done it before. But we shoud resist the temptation of thinking that all muslims feel like this, they don't. They may not like a lot of western ideas, but most muslims are just ordinary people going about their business, its these radicals and clerics who shout the loudest who get heard and poison all reasonable discourse (as ever). Well, we've seen their types before and we know what its all about, so its a question of cool heads, and steady nerves.
Yeah I realize all this, it just get frustrating. I guess Pat Robertson does the same thing over here with Cristianity.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

AusiePamelalaLuna, will you be adopting the full veil or just the head scarf?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

(Scrunching up next to Diuretic. YEAH! SO THERE!)
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Perhaps the good which could come from this idiot's remarks is that they can help polarize the "quiet" Muslims and begin a dialogue against this fundamental claptrap!

One hopes.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Are those the same people who keep claiming he's been mis-translated?

Uh, huh!:rolleyes:
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

And he IS the MUFTI of Australia. Still!!! Self proclaimed, for sure.

Of course he has a small group of supporters who presumably see their own personal power agendas well served by his preachings.

I think a lot of the Muslim community have come from places (paying their way or not!!) where speaking up is not encouraged, to put it mildly. And this is the men I'm talking about. Women have been conditioned forever, to shut up, cover themselves and leave living to their menfolk. Hard to break away and be heard. And full kudos to the minority who do get up and risk speaking out- men and women. They have a lot of support in the Muslim community, in my opinion.. but it's going to take time to overcome the timidity of long years of oppression of one sort or another.

Personally, I'm not really sorry to hear Elhilaly actually voicing the view of the bigoted, hatefilled, twisted, fundamentalist, medieval, backward looking minority. Much better to have this aspect of Islam out in the light of day. It will mobilise the majority of Muslims to make some decisions.

A group of radicals with a bunch of international speakers recently booked a big Sydney town hall building for a conference on how to bring down the West and impose sharia law on Australia. I think the authorities eventually stepped in and shut this down. Maybe it would have been better to put a few reporters in there and broadcast the whole caboodle.

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

"Personally, I'm not really sorry to hear Elhilaly actually voicing the view of the bigoted, hatefilled, twisted, fundamentalist, medieval, backward looking minority. Much better to have this aspect of Islam out in the light of day. It will mobilise the majority of Muslims to make some decisions."

++++++++++++++++++++ Let's see...HOW long have we been waiting for this to happen? As nearly as I can tell, the majority of Muslims have already made the decision to just shut up and let it all happen. (And before the PC police come down on me...please be prepared to cite references as to massive denials/public protests of fundamentalist nonsense by "average" Muslims. I know all about the argument of "well, MOST Muslims don't feel that way and they're peace-loving, freedom-loving, etc." Where are all the protests? And statistically, what percent of the Muslims actually DO speak up against idiots like this one?)

"A group of radicals with a bunch of international speakers recently booked a big Sydney town hall building for a conference on how to bring down the West and impose sharia law on Australia. I think the authorities eventually stepped in and shut this down. Maybe it would have been better to put a few reporters in there and broadcast the whole caboodle.

+++++++++++++ Interesting challenge for law enforcement, wasn't it? What's the line between freedom of speech and incitement to bring down the government?
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Hmmm...then how could they justify shutting down the event? Or did it somehow "disturb the peace?"
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I'd have to look up the details, Lulu. I think the council who owned the town hall withdrew its consent to leasing the venue, rather than the police actually shutting things down. My loose writing. Sorry.

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Makes sense! I was trying to imagine what might happen if a similar event were planned here. It wouldn't be pretty!
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I've been trying to find some information on that from a 'reliable' newspaper... without a lot of success. But I'm juggling this with doing (illegal probably but sensitive) waterplay with a very hot five year old..

http://www.villagevoice.com.au/article/ ... +town+hall

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Seems reasonable to me! Cheeky buggers, aren't they?

Now...A'P....about these WATER SPORTS....:sneaky:
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

The mufti's adoring daughter, Asma, who is apparently married to an "Anglo-Saxon convict liar", says her Dad is a darling, who has been misquoted yet again, taken out of context, media-bashed and generally maliciously maligned.

BUT some Muslims are speaking out, Lulu. I think probably a lot are. The media usually prefer to quote the bad, more newsfun stuff, than the sensible, balanced responses. ...

A young female Muslim lawyer, Wajiha Ahmed, wrote an article for one of the Sydney papers (Telegraph) yesterday:

"At the age of five, I migrated to Australia from Pakistan with my parents and sister. ........

.. Like millions of Australians, we will be celebrating Australia Day later this month with a barbie, lamingtons and cricket on TV.

It is in this context I would like to publicly reject Sheik Taj el-Dene Elhilaly's statements on who has a right to be in Australia. We all do.

Sheik H's commnts on overseas TV about Ango-convict descendants and migrants are simply offensive and divisive.

But what is more offensive to me as an Australian is his attack on the prison sentences for the Skaf gang rape trials, saying they were based in "racial prejudice". *

This is completely incorrect and disgusting and offensive to the brave victims.

Let me be clear and say Islam does not excuse or condone sexual assault on women in any form.

Every Muslim and non Muslim alike I know is outraged and offended by the comments made by the Sheik. .."

----------------

*The racism was in fact on the part of a lebanese Australian gang of thugs who sought out and packraped blonde angosaxon-liar descent little girls with violence and racial taunts and were eventually given long jail sentences. They had tried to use at one time, as a legal defence, the claim their religion and culture sanctioned such treatment of unveiled cold meat females..... and the sheik was sort of adding his support to this.. while at the same time of course denying it.

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

From your lips.....
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Well...if I were religious.....;)
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Oh, I suspect SHE has ways of filtering out the ordinary and tuning into the unusual...such as a word from YOU! :D
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Gosh.. Diuretic, Lulu - it's totally awesome to be in the presence of real intellect!!! And I mean it. Can't tell you how much I appreciate both of you. Of course the blonde brain struggles to follow, but I am inspired. :D

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Nah...you know better than that, Diuretic! Pascal was just covering his glutes, that's all! Let's stand up with the unbelievers and take our chances, eh?;)
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Now glutes I do understand.:sneaky:

Should I say here I'll pray for you both..:sneaky:

(Didn't feel able to comment on that weapon where it was recently used, but it used to terrify me too. Nuns beating up on you - one thing; nuns standing you in the corner - also one thing; nuns praying for you - you knew you were beyond the pale and going straight to hell with bells on and possibly a glass of champagne in your evil tiny frozen hand).

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

:wah: Smarty!
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

That's a wonderful point! I've been slammed on this very forum for saying that religion's comfy and attractive because people are afraid to die..."afraid of the dark," so to speak!

I'd ask any "religious" person what difference it might make, knowing the deity had no plan for your "afterlife." You needn't answer aloud, although it'd be very interesting.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

I absolutely agree--it's only human nature to be afraid of the unknown/pain/dark. Most of human cultures have invented some sort of invisible pal who lives in the sky and makes it ok after death, in one way or another. Some of us just don't buy into it.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I'm not very clued on Judaism, but I have Jewish friends who believe in God and not an afterlife. They believe immortality is here and now, in your descendants. Which is why some Old Testament kings etc were so keen to wipe out an enemy's whole family, preferably before killing him... no future, no immortality.

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I don't know. Belief is one of those things I've wrestled with forever. I tossed out all the glib doctrinal answers to my primal cry years ago. I don't think it's just about pie in the sky. In spite of everything, I do still believe in God and that we're not just here by chance, that we have some kind of purpose, that meaning exists if you like. Lord I believe, help my unbelief - is the Biblical bit that comes closest to my 'position'. Illogical maybe, but ...

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

The sense of wonder. Yes! I've always been really sad for people who seem to have somehow lost this, Diuretic.

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Diuretic, I suspect the reason humans were able to create religion was simply because we have the power of speech.

Shaman TOLD us all about the mysteries of the cosmos (I'll bet they wanted a few clams for the privilege, don't you think?) and they, realizing the power of it, became the first "religious" leaders. If you hadn't considered the "wonders," they'd certainly have pursuaded you to do so...after all, you didn't want to die without the possibility of being "saved" from death...
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Ya cynic !!! But yes, sure human fear and human wonder was exploited to meet agendas - but wonder still exists, doesn't it?

Return to “Australia”