Any Australian's?

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
Alfred

Any Australian's?

Post by Alfred »

had some rain here recently, and i heard theres some storms brewin around sydney.

anyone get some of that sweet sweet rain recently?
Jcas

Any Australian's?

Post by Jcas »

I am from Kellevie, which is in south eastern part of Tasmania. A little rural place.
Alfred

Any Australian's?

Post by Alfred »

hi jcas.

how are ya doin.
Jcas

Any Australian's?

Post by Jcas »

Hi Alfred ... i'm fine thanks and no we haven't had any rain recently. We sure could use some .... :-6
Alfred

Any Australian's?

Post by Alfred »

its been drizleing here in brizzy all week, of course it has poured rain but only when i'm on my way home from school. how convinient.
AussiePam

Any Australian's?

Post by AussiePam »

Hi Alfred, JCas... hope you're both having a great weekend. Great autumn weather here in Canberra right now. And still good beach weather in Sydney. Big Mardi Gras parade on there tonight, so I'm holed up in the country. Grin.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Alfred

Any Australian's?

Post by Alfred »

AussiePam wrote: Hi Alfred, JCas... hope you're both having a great weekend. Great autumn weather here in Canberra right now. And still good beach weather in Sydney. Big Mardi Gras parade on there tonight, so I'm holed up in the country. Grin.

yeah those Sydney buggers stole all of our beach weather i reackon.

well even if they didn't there definately up to something...probably a pre-emptive strike for state of origin. (anyone know when thats on?)
AussiePam

Any Australian's?

Post by AussiePam »

I thought they were all the Sydneysiders in residence were poncing around tonight done up in Brokeback Mountain cowboy leather... ooops is this a politically insensitive statement??? I got caught up in the parade last year. It added a certain je ne sais quoi to my street cred.

Alfred

Any Australian's?

Post by Alfred »

Mardi Gras :thinking:
AussiePam

Any Australian's?

Post by AussiePam »

Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) is er WAS the traditional Carnival celebration. Shrove Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday when Lent began (it was last week) - when you had a last self indulgent fling at least foodwise before the fast began. Carnivale, of course, means 'farewell to meat'. In Sydney, and in some other places, the feast day has been hijacked.

Alfred

Any Australian's?

Post by Alfred »

wow. i didn't know that, sounds like a lot of specific events are involved. ash wednessday, lent etc.

i'm hungry now.
Alfred

Any Australian's?

Post by Alfred »

Garden?

asleep?

rarely, at most it takes a brief nap.

maybe its because us aussies are on when the rest of the world is snoozin.
William Ess

Any Australian's?

Post by William Ess »

I have just returned to Egland after a week and a half in Australia. A very nice place and a long way removed from the 'soap' impression that the TV gives of Australians.

The Australians I met were helpful, pleasant, friendly and difficult to find fault with. Except for one. And my son is going to marry her next month.
Brownley

Any Australian's?

Post by Brownley »

I have just moved (well last Xmas) to Western Australia from New Zealand

I believe Im referred to as a Kwozi?

Loving Australia, but oh lordy I get alot of comments on my accent :wah:

Great to see so many of you on this forum :)
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song - Maya Angelou
cherandbuster

Any Australian's?

Post by cherandbuster »

Brownley wrote: I have just moved (well last Xmas) to Western Australia from New Zealand

I believe Im referred to as a Kwozi?

Loving Australia, but oh lordy I get alot of comments on my accent

Great to see so many of you on this forum

Brownley :)

We've got people from all over the world here: Australia, England, Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Spain and of course the US of A.

And since we can only 'read' your words, we won't be able to make fun of your accent :-1 (which would have been fun, no doubt!)

But, like our Pinky and Aussie Pam, you'll probably use vocabulary words that make the rest of us go :thinking: and :-2 !!
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

OzBoy

Any Australian's?

Post by OzBoy »

G'day,

Yep Im an Aussie FG guy currently living and working in London been here a year. Piror to coming to the UK I lived in good old Sydney town. Prior to that Canberra and before that I was born and raised in Nth QLD in Townsville. I do love London but cant wait to get back to the lucky country man!!!! :-6
Carl44

Any Australian's?

Post by Carl44 »

OzBoy wrote: G'day,

Yep Im an Aussie FG guy currently living and working in London been here a year. Piror to coming to the UK I lived in good old Sydney town. Prior to that Canberra and before that I was born and raised in Nth QLD in Townsville. I do love London but cant wait to get back to the lucky country man!!!! :-6

mate gooday taya

one of my best friends lives in Puntey and we always go to the slug and lettuce pub at Fulham broadway ,we always have a laugh with the oz boys there but not about cricket :wah:

you boys certainly no how to party

mind you some of ya sheila's have been soundly thrashed by the ugly stick no wonder you boys are over here doin our wonderful English roses really is it :wah:

welcome to England Bruce
zinkyusa

Any Australian's?

Post by zinkyusa »

we have officially banned all aussies from FG until they stop saying mate..
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
zinkyusa

Any Australian's?

Post by zinkyusa »

Wendybird wrote: Till they stop saying what?

are you an aussie? what do you care bendy?:sneaky:
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
OzBoy

Any Australian's?

Post by OzBoy »

Good old S&G at Fulham, crikey Ive fallen out of that place well :thinking: too many times to count actually :D

Now bout our sheila's matey let me tell ya Im living with three stunners over on the east side for a start although truthfully the best ones rarely venture far from home - they dont need too he he he we look after our ladies back home so they have no need to wander off the beaten track so to speak. Even if some of the Aussie filly's here are somewhat challenged in the beauty department they can still drink most UK chicks under the maybellene counter mate!!!! Mind you I think there are some rogue ugly stick possessors here too as there have been quite a few times during my year of being here mingling with your english roses where I thought bloody hell luv two words - EXTREME MAKEOVER and I aint referring to the home renovation series either :wah:
OzBoy

Any Australian's?

Post by OzBoy »

Zinkyusa,

Mate, I have honestly tried to stop saying mate being a temporary Londoner and all but mate I just cant I cant I cant I cant HONESTLY mate I just cant its pretty much built into our genetic make up I reckon (like beer) and besides there have been many times here where I would of loved to of used other words instead of mate when talking to certain people but Im trying to spread the Aussie love as often as I can :D
SuzyB

Any Australian's?

Post by SuzyB »

OzBoy wrote: Good old S&G at Fulham, crikey Ive fallen out of that place well :thinking: too many times to count actually :D

Now bout our sheila's matey let me tell ya Im living with three stunners over on the east side for a start although truthfully the best ones rarely venture far from home - they dont need too he he he we look after our ladies back home so they have no need to wander off the beaten track so to speak. Even if some of the Aussie filly's here are somewhat challenged in the beauty department they can still drink most UK chicks under the maybellene counter mate!!!! Mind you I think there are some rogue ugly stick possessors here too as there have been quite a few times during my year of being here mingling with your english roses where I thought bloody hell luv two words - EXTREME MAKEOVER and I aint referring to the home renovation series either :wah:

:yh_rotfl That sounds like a challenge, i can drink like a bloke and no i dont look like one too!
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

OzBoy

Any Australian's?

Post by OzBoy »

SuzyB wrote: :yh_rotfl That sounds like a challenge, i can drink like a bloke and no i dont look like one too!

Im sure you dont Suzy and no offence caused I hope :) I think that Jimbo guy brings the devil OzBoy out to play - how dare he Im still new here!!! he he he

Anyways you're right though I have drunk with some sensationally talented lasses who put a lot of my mates to shame although I had a good thing going with a lovely little Geordie lass a while ago but had to give it up I mean it was hard enough understanding her sober but with 6 pints under her belt FORGET IT :D
SuzyB

Any Australian's?

Post by SuzyB »

Wendybird wrote: :yh_rotfl

I think Suzy and I are twins separated at birth :confused:

I knew you was going to say that :-4
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

OzBoy

Any Australian's?

Post by OzBoy »

Wendybird wrote: :yh_rotfl

I think Suzy and I are twins separated at birth :confused:

Cool twin chicks who can BOTH drink like troopers - London beautiful one day perfect the next he he he :sneaky:
YZGI

Any Australian's?

Post by YZGI »

Okay where are all the Texans at. There are two Aussie threads on the main page. You Texans need to keep up. There are way more "mates" than yeehaws today. :wah:
OzBoy

Any Australian's?

Post by OzBoy »

YZGI wrote: Okay where are all the Texans at. There are two Aussie threads on the main page. You Texans need to keep up. There are way more "mates" than yeehaws today. :wah:

Never fear YZGI, us Aussies will make room for you and your yeehaws :D
YZGI

Any Australian's?

Post by YZGI »

OzBoy wrote: Never fear YZGI, us Aussies will make room for you and your yeehaws :D

Heck I aint Texan. I just try and get a rivalry between the Texans and Aussies going. But I can YEEHAW with the best of them.:rolleyes:
OzBoy

Any Australian's?

Post by OzBoy »

YZGI wrote: Heck I aint Texan. I just try and get a rivalry between the Texans and Aussies going. But I can YEEHAW with the best of them.:rolleyes:

Now thats one rivalry that could start a fun riot he he ;)

If you are looking for any trans continental rivalrys look no further then the one between the Aussies and Kiwis. Our friendly but constant rivalry has been the spark of millions of pub and dinner table debates and is often the birthplace of many jokes and emails. Not sure how or why it started but its great being an Aussie in the thick of it especaally during Rugby season :sneaky:

BRING IT ON :D
YZGI

Any Australian's?

Post by YZGI »

Well I just think it would be a natural for an Aussie and Texas rivalry. The Brits sent all of their "outlaws" to Aus. We Americans sent all of ours after the civil war to Texas.:wah: Just kidding Texans, now put your six shooters away and smile.
Carl44

Any Australian's?

Post by Carl44 »

YZGI wrote: Well I just think it would be a natural for an Aussie and Texas rivalry. The Brits sent all of their "outlaws" to Aus. We Americans sent all of ours after the civil war to Texas.:wah: Just kidding Texans, now put your six shooters away and smile.

we didnt send em all i'm still here :wah:

i love the ozzeys they are the best party people i know only down side is its hard to tell a sheila from a Bruce that's why god invented alcohol so ozzy babes can get laid

i'm onl;y kidding i would say i know a few ozzy stunners but that opens a big can of ozzy worms for suzy b and that would no more putney for jimbo :sneaky:

Return to “Australia”