Flood waters swamp dozens of towns in Australia... Flood waters swamp dozens of town.

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
Kathy Ellen

Flood waters swamp dozens of towns in Australia... Flood waters swamp dozens of town.

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Jeez, Mother Nature can be awfully mean and nasty at times..:-1

Best of luck with the floods in Oz to our Australian members. Hope you and family are all safe! I'm worried for you!

Floods swamp dozens of towns in Australia - Weather - msnbc.com

Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Yeah, good luck to you all. So much for the drought, maybe it has a silver lining.
binbag

Post by binbag »

Oh boy, that is baaad.

Poor people, right at new year as well.

Is the area known for flooding Kathy Ellen?
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

They do have floods up there but never as bad as it is now, some towns have been evacuated as the waters havent yet peaked and they expect those towns to be wiped out. So many people have lost everything and crops have been lost. Out west they had drought now they have floods and lost homes and all their crops so very sad. I live west of sydney near the blue mountains so havent been affected by the floods only the heat 40c plus today....but a few weeks ago we got the worse hail storm ever and suffered damaged to the house...just waiting for insurance to be approved to fix things up...
FOC THREAD PART 1
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Anybody heard what's happening in Moscow? I got a mail from a friend and he and his family are going on 6 days without electricity or central heat. No water service. Mercifully the gas works so they do have it warm in the kitchen. The weather has been strange. Usually it gets cold and stays cold, there are few problems. This winter it got cold then it warmed and then they got a mix of snow and freezing rain. Ice (up to 4cm thick) accumulated on the trees which fell onto power lines. Normally the power lines are warm but when they're broken ice will accumulate on them, bringing down more lines. Traffic is horrible, repair crews are having to bulldoze abandoned vehicles out of their way to get to where they need to go. Moscow is getting no help from their neighbors because those cities have their own problems. He hasn't been downtown, he lives in the suburbs. Food ect is getting through, even if it's on the back of an army truck.

Right now I'm trying to get the courage to go tinker with my truck in -4c weather. I'm going to consider myself lucky.

Return to “Australia”