Women's Attire

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
Lon

Women's Attire

Post by Lon »

What is it with BLACK??? It's still summer here in New Zealand and black seems to be the predominant color for female fashion. That seems to be the case for the past 14 years that I have been coming down here. The downtown area of Christchurch looks like a SICILIAN WIDOWS CONVENTION what with all the black skirts, dresses, tops, shoes. What ever happened to pastels? Men as well seem to favor darker clothing, black, brown, purple, dark green but never ever lite colors. I suspect this is probably the same in the UK as well as the Kiwi's seem to emulate UK fashion. Oddly enough, the Aussies don't seem to have a problem with pastels and lighter colors.

What say you ladies???
pina

Women's Attire

Post by pina »

Have the women in your part of the world not heard of BROWN or PINK being the new BLACK. :wah:

valerie

Women's Attire

Post by valerie »

This lady doesn't care for the phrase "Sicilian Widow's Convention" but I

might be in the minority on that one...

Black is considered slimming. I like it any time of year depending on the

occasion but when it's really hot weather I wear a lot of pastels to reflect

the heat more.

Of course, I don't get heat where I live nearly enough to suit me!

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

chonsigirl

Women's Attire

Post by chonsigirl »

I am wearing black jeans-with a lovely blue top. I always wear bright colors when possible.
lady cop

Women's Attire

Post by lady cop »

i like the drama of classic black, but with a touch of color, such as a hibiscus in the hair. ... like red too.
Lil~Basco

Women's Attire

Post by Lil~Basco »

Clancy wrote: I like seeing women in black underwear.

....any ladies who have pics of themselves in black lingerie, please feel free to post them to me by PM :)
ahahahah...you lil devil Clancy! ;)
Bez

Women's Attire

Post by Bez »

lady cop wrote: i like the drama of classic black, but with a touch of color, such as a hibiscus in the hair. ... like red too.

I wear black a lot...even in the summer. It's slimming ! (say no more). I like neutral colours a lot and have just started to wear brown...My clothes are plain and I dress them up with necklaces (ethnic type) ...stones, shells, wood, etc. I like natural shades of green and I wear red when i'm in the mood.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Betty Boop

Women's Attire

Post by Betty Boop »

Clancy wrote: I like seeing women in black underwear.

....any ladies who have pics of themselves in black lingerie, please feel free to post them to me by PM :)

Does it really need to be black???

I'm sure any would do!! :p
valerie

Women's Attire

Post by valerie »

Betty Boop wrote: Does it really need to be black???

I'm sure any would do!! :p

Or none, even!

:o ;)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Betty Boop

Women's Attire

Post by Betty Boop »

Clancy wrote: ....like I'm choosy when it comes to this ??? lol

hehehehe thought so!

Men!! :rolleyes:
Rapunzel

Women's Attire

Post by Rapunzel »

Lon wrote: What is it with BLACK??? It's still summer here in New Zealand and black seems to be the predominant color for female fashion. That seems to be the case for the past 14 years that I have been coming down here. The downtown area of Christchurch looks like a SICILIAN WIDOWS CONVENTION what with all the black skirts, dresses, tops, shoes. What ever happened to pastels? Men as well seem to favor darker clothing, black, brown, purple, dark green but never ever lite colors. I suspect this is probably the same in the UK as well as the Kiwi's seem to emulate UK fashion. Oddly enough, the Aussies don't seem to have a problem with pastels and lighter colors.

What say you ladies???

LMAO!! What do you expect Lon?

You're living in New Zealand...Land of the ALL BLACKS!!!
Jives

Women's Attire

Post by Jives »

(Jives looks down at his black jeans, black shoes, black leather belt, black turtle neck, black cell phone, and black Ray Ban wayfarers.)

Ummm...heh...heh...My truck is bright yellow!:o
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Sheryl

Women's Attire

Post by Sheryl »

Black is a great color for slimming ones features. For me it's usually blue jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt most days. Most of the clothes in my closet for dress up time are natural colors like green, red and browns.

ummm Clancy you can go to victoria secrets website and look at all the girls in lacy black underwear all you want.:p
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
weeder

Women's Attire

Post by weeder »

When in doubt, choose black. Black is always the safe choice for going out. Its tasteful, classic, simple, understated. Any time Ive chosen another color for an evening event.. Ill see another woman in a stunning black dress, and regret not wearing black myself. Ive gotten to like colors for day wear though.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
chonsigirl

Women's Attire

Post by chonsigirl »

Well, I don't have grey on today-light blue courds, dark grey long sleeve T-shirt, covered by a subtle Hawaiin shirt in greens and blues.

:)
agric

Women's Attire

Post by agric »

Lon wrote: What is it with BLACK??? It's still summer here in New Zealand and black seems to be the predominant color for female fashion. That seems to be the case for the past 14 years that I have been coming down here. The downtown area of Christchurch looks like a SICILIAN WIDOWS CONVENTION what with all the black skirts, dresses, tops, shoes. What ever happened to pastels? Men as well seem to favor darker clothing, black, brown, purple, dark green but never ever lite colors. I suspect this is probably the same in the UK as well as the Kiwi's seem to emulate UK fashion. Oddly enough, the Aussies don't seem to have a problem with pastels and lighter colors.

What say you ladies???

I am not a lady,but the national rugby team is called the All Blacks.Could this explain it ?
laneybug

Women's Attire

Post by laneybug »

I absolutely love colors... but god, no pastels for me, please. As for black... it's always an elegant, chic choice. And who ever said that you had to wear colors in the summer and darks in the winter? I say let a woman choose what she wants to wear.
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.
Lon

Women's Attire

Post by Lon »

laneybug;611196 wrote: I absolutely love colors... but god, no pastels for me, please. As for black... it's always an elegant, chic choice. And who ever said that you had to wear colors in the summer and darks in the winter? I say let a woman choose what she wants to wear.

I agree, but when they all wear black at the same time and same place, it does look like a widows convention and shows no originality.
laneybug

Women's Attire

Post by laneybug »

Lon;611210 wrote: I agree, but when they all wear black at the same time and same place, it does look like a widows convention and shows no originality.

A widow's convention. :wah: Very true. But that happens a lot everywhere. Everyone is trying to wear the latest fashion, not even knowing why it's the latest fashion or whether it looks good on them. I think too much black is just wrong anyway... along with too much pastel. :rolleyes: Sadly, women are much too influenced by the current fashion, and yes, I wish we'd show our individuality more.

than closed by belief.
RedGlitter

Women's Attire

Post by RedGlitter »

I like to wear black because I'm fair complected and I look good in dark colors. I especially like black dresses with sheer black nylons and black heels because I think it makes me look elegant and ladylike.

But yeah, I understand you, Lon. Every woman's magazine has an article about how to buy the "perfect little black dress" and after a while, women all start looking the same.

I do feel out of place if I wear black in the summer, especially here when it's 120 degrees out. It feels hot and looks foolish sometimes.
Lon

Women's Attire

Post by Lon »

Pinky;611371 wrote: I've got yellow on today!:-6

Good on ya lass, even better, how about yellow with white polka dots?
laneybug

Women's Attire

Post by laneybug »

Oh I love polka dots. The small ones, not big ones, which just looks like a clown puked on you. :D

than closed by belief.

Return to “Fashion Clothing”