Pantyhose for men

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
Okie
Posts: 1281
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:28 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by Okie »

AussiePam;1268641 wrote: Do men who drink pantyhose wear?


Not all for sure. I drink and do not wear pantyhose. I can just imagine what they would look like after a day of roaming thru the blackjacks or crawling under my car.

Arn
User avatar
AussiePam
Posts: 9898
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by AussiePam »

High heels can kinda slow you down too, Okie!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

User avatar
Snowfire
Posts: 4835
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:34 am

Pantyhose for men

Post by Snowfire »

AussiePam;1268671 wrote: High heels can kinda slow you down too, Okie!


Oh I cant tell you the struggle I have running for a bus in mine. 18 stone of prime British beef on 5 inch heels that pinch at the toe. I'm taking them back
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
User avatar
AussiePam
Posts: 9898
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by AussiePam »

What a visual, Snowfire!!!!

:sneaky:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Okie
Posts: 1281
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:28 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by Okie »

AussiePam;1268671 wrote: High heels can kinda slow you down too, Okie!


Hee, I bet it would especially when you get into gumbo mud.
User avatar
AussiePam
Posts: 9898
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by AussiePam »

I walked across an English field in East Anglia once and landed up to each knee in clay. Lost both shoes... don't think they were high heeled... Can't really see you in pantyhose, Okie. Not that anyone would dare give you any backchat if you decided it was your thing. And the knife in yer boot might ruin the look.... :sneaky:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

User avatar
Kathy Ellen
Posts: 10569
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:04 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1268870 wrote: I walked across an English field in East Anglia once and landed up to each knee in clay. Lost both shoes... don't think they were high heeled... Can't really see you in pantyhose, Okie. Not that anyone would dare give you any backchat if you decided it was your thing. And the knife in yer boot might ruin the look.... :sneaky:


Hello Okie and Pam :-4



:wah: No, I can't imagine our Okie in pantyhose, especially with a knife in the boot:p





Pam, were you trying to 'bog surf' in the clay? I can just imagine you falling into clay...tell us all about it and I'll return tonight to hear about your adventure:p .........work is calling.....
User avatar
AussiePam
Posts: 9898
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by AussiePam »

G'day Kathy Ellen. And no, nothing so interesting. I was just going for an early walk out of Capel St Mary, near Ipswich. It was round Christmas, so the fields were pretty frozen up, some snow around. But I ill advisedly strayed off the little hedgerow path between the fields to take what I thought was a shortcut back to the house... and well, it wasn't. And obviously not quite frozen enough in patches. I had sneakers on, needed wellies. I did retrieve the shoes - that took some bogsurfing. The clay was so think I needed Okie's knife to scrape it off. :sneaky: I did a similarly stupid think hiking in France (you hike faster across fields there, as the French are really quite possessive about their land.. but unlikely to shoot you as American farmers probably automatically would. I wouldn't dream of trying it in America!!)....
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

jmoore
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:15 am

Pantyhose for men

Post by jmoore »

[/QUOTE]True dat.

A wore them long before women.

Personally, I can't figure out why anyone wears them, though I do like spandex pants.


Thanks for linking to my page! Have you seen another of mine on why would a man wear pantyhose?

I like your signature Koan.

If you buy decent tights that are the correct size they don't sag. I started buying for height and haven't had a problem with that since. If you are close to the next size up, go bigger.

Best Wishes!
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by K.Snyder »

There evidently is alot more men wearing pantyhose than I'd ever realized(Only after having read the title of this thread, so in a sense I suppose you could say I've lead a sheltered life! :yh_rotfl) considering this thread "Pantyhose for men" has managed to produce 301+ responses.
User avatar
Kathy Ellen
Posts: 10569
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:04 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by Kathy Ellen »

K.Snyder;1268952 wrote: There evidently is alot more men wearing pantyhose than I'd ever realized(Only after having read the title of this thread, so in a sense I suppose you could say I've lead a sheltered life! :yh_rotfl) considering this thread "Pantyhose for men" has managed to produce 309+ responses.


:wah: Man do I hate pantyhose Kev...don't know why anyone would want to wear them:-3:p
User avatar
Kathy Ellen
Posts: 10569
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:04 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1268935 wrote: G'day Kathy Ellen. And no, nothing so interesting. I was just going for an early walk out of Capel St Mary, near Ipswich. It was round Christmas, so the fields were pretty frozen up, some snow around. But I ill advisedly strayed off the little hedgerow path between the fields to take what I thought was a shortcut back to the house... and well, it wasn't. And obviously not quite frozen enough in patches. I had sneakers on, needed wellies. I did retrieve the shoes - that took some bogsurfing. The clay was so think I needed Okie's knife to scrape it off. :sneaky: I did a similarly stupid think hiking in France (you hike faster across fields there, as the French are really quite possessive about their land.. but unlikely to shoot you as American farmers probably automatically would. I wouldn't dream of trying it in America!!)....


Pam, You're hysterical.....I did quite a lot of 'bog surfing' adventures in Donegal:wah:
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by K.Snyder »

Kathy Ellen;1268953 wrote: :wah: Man do I hate pantyhose Kev...don't know why anyone would want to wear them:-3:p


I can't wear mighty white-ees let alone pantyhose! :yh_wink :yh_kiss
smoothron
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:37 am

Pantyhose for men

Post by smoothron »

I am a 37 year old, married man who wears pantyhose/tights for support/medical reasons, but that is not the reason i always wore, i started wearing in high school when a girlfriend told me to try them for my legs(they always hurt) they helped her during and after cheerleading practice, and they helped and felt good, i later found out my problems would get worse and was due to anabolic steroid use! i have had 7 spine opperations (3 neck, 1 thoracic, 3 lumbar) and 2 morphine pump implants, 1 hip replacement. but with support from certain pantyhose i can hunt and do certain things with wife and kids, i dont flaunt them but when its 95 in summer i want to wear shorts, its too hot for hose and pants! my wife who was actually the cheerleader loves when i wear and sometimes has to help with them on. I dont see why people can accept my wearing for medical reasons (when i would wear them anyway) but cant accept men wearing because they want to, this post was originally for mens pantyhose, the problem with that is it always tends to drift to skirts,dresses, heels ect that is different(crossdressing) if a man wants to wear mens pantyhose with male front pannel, or fly how is that crossdressing? and i think pantyhose ARE sexy, wife doesnt wear all the time but doesnt care who does.:-5
smoothron
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:37 am

Pantyhose for men

Post by smoothron »

(joey2000)- The only people I have ever known or even talked to (ie actually talked to, meaning in person, not internet chatter) who considered men wearing nylons on an even semi-regular basis and for non-sexual reasons (a fetish or whatever) acceptable were gay.

My sister-in-law is gay and she has many gay friends obviously lol, but they dont like pantyhose, and especially the gay men take serious offense to drag queens, crossdressers ect, most crossdressers and drag queens date what we call str8 men, or closet gay men who want people to think their man is a woman lol, i understand your point and what you meant or think, but pantyhose in general do not make a man gay, i know many hunters that wear pantyhose or tights hunting ( at least they say thats the only time) but you never know what men have under pants, i agree it is not common to see men in shorts and hose, but thats thier choice, i only wear shorts with them when its extremely hot, and have to go to doctors, or for medical tests! but thats the double standard people accept it when they see a man with cane wearing hose, but without cane its not acceptable, we may see a day when men wear all the time, but we might not? there are still millions of pairs of mens pantyhose sold yearly, and thats just the men who buy mens, some dont want to pay so much for them.:thinking:
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by K.Snyder »

Is this the remnants of some sort of LSD experiment or is there some sort of fascination with registering on public forums purely to speak of the personal preference to wear pantyhose?
User avatar
abbey
Posts: 15069
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:00 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by abbey »

We all register on public forums for some reason or another K.

To each their own.
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;1269775 wrote: We all register on public forums for some reason or another K.

To each their own.


Well that's fantastic, I just thought it were a bit odd to take such an effort to register to talk about pantyhose that's all.
jmoore
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:15 am

Pantyhose for men

Post by jmoore »

K.Snyder;1269778 wrote: Well that's fantastic, I just thought it were a bit odd to take such an effort to register to talk about pantyhose that's all.


No more of an effort than registering to talk about football or Tiger Woods or anything else. People register to post about much more mundane things all the time.
koan
Posts: 16817
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:00 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by koan »

jmoore;1268943 wrote: True dat.

A wore them long before women.

Personally, I can't figure out why anyone wears them, though I do like spandex pants.


Thanks for linking to my page! Have you seen another of mine on why would a man wear pantyhose?

I like your signature Koan.

If you buy decent tights that are the correct size they don't sag. I started buying for height and haven't had a problem with that since. If you are close to the next size up, go bigger.

Best Wishes!


Welcome to FG.

I'm glad my efforts brought some new voices to the conversation. As you can see, many have been struggling to understand this thread for a long time. I really wish the person who started the topic had stuck around.
metawoe
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:24 am

Pantyhose for men

Post by metawoe »

I've worn pantyhose for years but never with shorts in public. My wife is OK with wearing around the house with shorts and out of the house under slacks.
Ilovetights
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:52 am

Pantyhose for men

Post by Ilovetights »

I have been wearing tights for several years. I would like to stress that I am not gay or a cross dresser and not every man wears them for fetish reasons. I wear tights under jeans or joggers during the winter months and then put them away for the summer. I find them beneficial as I have arthritis in the right knee and they help with blood circulation.

I have known fishermen, builders and lorry drivers to wear tights to keep warm during the winter months. I would describe such people as anything but feminine. If it is ok for them to wear tights then it sure is ok for me. Why such hostility towards men who wear tights? What harm are they doing to anyone?
jmoore
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:15 am

Pantyhose for men

Post by jmoore »

Thanks for posting up tights! I agree. I have poor circulation (hereditary) and also happen to like the way they feel but I'm not gay or a cross dresser or trans-gender, transvestite. If you saw me on the street you likely would not know that I am wearing hose.
Ilovetights
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:52 am

Pantyhose for men

Post by Ilovetights »

Okie;1252914 wrote: I have no desire to wear pantyhose. They seem really uncomfortable but more than that I have to go pee often and it seems like it would be hard to do.


Those who say that tights are uncomfortable is probably because they are buying a size too small. I find wearing tights very comfortable and I find long johns much too bulky. I would also add that I need to pee often but keeping warm and ensuring good blood circulation far outweighs the slight inconvenience when nature calls. Wearing tracksuit trousers poses the same inconvenience but nobody thinks twice about that.
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by K.Snyder »

jmoore;1269911 wrote: No more of an effort than registering to talk about football or Tiger Woods or anything else. People register to post about much more mundane things all the time.


How fantastic.

Do you prefer to wear pink pantyhose or any other certain color?
nwhsr
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by nwhsr »

K.Snyder;1269770 wrote: Is this the remnants of some sort of LSD experiment or is there some sort of fascination with registering on public forums purely to speak of the personal preference to wear pantyhose?


You said it all.A public forum with the title"Pantyhose for men"would seem like a perfect place to talk about the reasons and upsides that men would wear pantyhose.Many people seem to think it's a sexual thing;either fetish,trans-sexual or gay.As you can see from the posts,that is not always the case.
User avatar
AussiePam
Posts: 9898
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by AussiePam »

jmoore;1269936 wrote: Thanks for posting up tights! I agree. I have poor circulation (hereditary) and also happen to like the way they feel but I'm not gay or a cross dresser or trans-gender, transvestite. If you saw me on the street you likely would not know that I am wearing hose.


Why ever did you get banned????? You've had six posts - all civilised and none obviously advertising anything???????????????
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by K.Snyder »

nwhsr;1270094 wrote: You said it all.A public forum with the title"Pantyhose for men"would seem like a perfect place to talk about the reasons and upsides that men would wear pantyhose.Many people seem to think it's a sexual thing;either fetish,trans-sexual or gay.As you can see from the posts,that is not always the case.


Pantyhose were specifically designed for women to, among others, "hide physical imperfections such as blemishes, bruises, scars, hair, or varicose veins". Pantyhose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A fashion statement to "hide physical imperfections" is the result of a personal preference to appear sexy which is why you get "Many people seem to think it's a sexual thing".

It's not until "Pantyhose for men" you get "either fetish,trans-sexual or gay".

"that is not always the case" is very well indeed.

Tell me Mr. nwhsr do you prefer wearing any specific color of pantyhose? Skin colored so no one notices? Perhaps bright pink to express your individual nature?
nwhsr
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by nwhsr »

Mostly suntan and beige,but the blacks look OK too.As far as covering scars,that they do.2 motorcycle accidents later,and I can wear shorts and not have anyone ask about or stare at those nasty scars/gouges on my legs,Mr. K.Oh by the way.They feel as good as they look!

PS-Men wore hose long before WIKI
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by K.Snyder »

nwhsr;1270204 wrote: Mostly suntan and beige,but the blacks look OK too.As far as covering scars,that they do.2 motorcycle accidents later,and I can wear shorts and not have anyone ask about or stare at those nasty scars/gouges on my legs,Mr. K.Oh by the way.They feel as good as they look! I see.

nwhsr;1270204 wrote: PS-Men wore hose long before WIKISo was World War II but wiki strangely enough is able to cover it.
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by K.Snyder »

nwhsr;1270204 wrote: Mr. K


"Mr. K" huh? Not "Mr. Snyder"?

Something tells me you're a little bit more familiar with forumgarden than most may assume...

Don't worry, your seceret is safe with me :yh_wink :wah:

Oh, on a side not,..do you mind, to any great extent, when people criticize you wearing pantyhose?
nwhsr
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by nwhsr »

K.Snyder;1270210 wrote: I see.

So was World War II but wiki strangely enough is able to cover it.


I'm sorry Was Wiki there?I wasn't aware of that.I thought that since anybody could edit Wiki and inject their own facts,that might be how you thought pantyhose were invented for women when in fact men were wearing hose long before women.Women's legs were rarely,if ever,seen in Washington's day(he wore hose-white,I believe).To quote a Wiki definition on the pantyhose,as opposed to Encyclopedia Britannica or Webster's Dictionary,I saw as an oversight on your part.

PS-No-one has criticized my hose yet but if anyone does,I guess he would be voicing his opinion and that's fine.I don't like Kurt Busch as a race car driver,but that's MY opinion.

nwhsr
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by K.Snyder »

nwhsr;1270225 wrote: I'm sorry Was Wiki there?I wasn't aware of that.I thought that since anybody could edit Wiki and inject their own facts,that might be how you thought pantyhose were invented for women when in fact men were wearing hose long before women.Women's legs were rarely,if ever,seen in Washington's day(he wore hose-white,I believe).To quote a Wiki definition on the pantyhose,as opposed to Encyclopedia Britannica or Webster's Dictionary,I saw as an oversight on your part. Washington's day was Washington's day. The fad ceased to exist for a significant period of time as far as cultural preferences are concerned so you cannot claim today's pantyhose is no different than "Washington's day"...

Perhaps you'd like to point out the historical errors on this page World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

nwhsr;1270225 wrote:

PS-No-one has criticized my hose yet but if anyone does,I guess he would be voicing his opinion and that's fine.I don't like Kurt Busch as a race car driver,but that's MY opinion.

nwhsr


So you don't mind in the very least what other people think of you wearing pantyhose even if say, hypothetically speaking, the significant majority of people you encounter were to joke about you wearing pantyhose? That wouldn't bother you at all? I have to say that takes a real confident person to not be bothered about that in the least...:wah:
dick123
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:00 am

Pantyhose for men

Post by dick123 »

Hello

1.Understand the number of men wearing pantyhose is increasing and the demand was so high, that the pantyhose brands decided to satisfy this need. Now, buying a pair of men's tights becomes easier! Pantyhose companies are launching male pantyhose styles to meet the increased need of the male shoppers.

2.Research the various brands by searching online.

* There are US and European companies making pantyhose for men

3.Look for the thickness and consider the amount of support you are looking for.

4.Check the size chart and use your current size as a guideline.

* Hose that are too tight can run easily

* Heavier or taller men who fall outside of their normal size range should contact the retailer before purchasing.

5.Order carefully. Like undergarments pantyhose may not be returnable.
Replacement Kitchen Doors
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by K.Snyder »

Do you guys wear pantyhose in the winter time?

Seems to me like that would get a bit nippley!
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1276912 wrote: Do you guys wear pantyhose in the winter time?

Seems to me like that would get a bit nippley!


:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Ilovetights
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:52 am

Pantyhose for men

Post by Ilovetights »

Odie;1277248 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl


I wear tights in the winter and would see no point in wearing them during summer.
User avatar
spot
Posts: 40066
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Pantyhose for men

Post by spot »

Meanwhile, elsewhere on the planet...

BBC News - Saudi call for boycott against men selling lingerie
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.

Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
My other operating system is Slackware
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by K.Snyder »

Ilovetights;1290130 wrote: I wear tights in the winter and would see no point in wearing them during summer.


Wearing tights in the middle of winter suffices to keep you warm?
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by K.Snyder »

spot;1290139 wrote: Meanwhile, elsewhere on the planet...

BBC News - Saudi call for boycott against men selling lingerie


I've never seen anything more neurotic than Islams view of sex! I'm amazed they even reproduce!
User avatar
spot
Posts: 40066
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Pantyhose for men

Post by spot »

K.Snyder;1290173 wrote: I've never seen anything more neurotic than Islams view of sex! I'm amazed they even reproduce!


I expect they'd do it even less if the men started wearing tights, don't you?
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.

Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
My other operating system is Slackware
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by K.Snyder »

spot;1290176 wrote: I expect they'd do it even less if the men started wearing tights, don't you?


Well, I wouldn't so much think they'd cease to "do it", rather "it" being flawed from the "get go!"!
Bevdee
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 7:38 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by Bevdee »

Just know that they are kind of confining.
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by K.Snyder »

I'm curious when you're about to make LOVE to your Lady friend:thinking:,..or male friend, and when the PASSION gets HOT AND HEAVY do those of you that wear pantyhose find it a bit difficult to get out of them,..when of course you're about to make HOT AND PASSIONATE LOVE to your Lady:thinking:,..or male friend?
smoothron
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:37 am

Pantyhose for men

Post by smoothron »

i cant talk for all but when the time comes about with wife the fly on pantyhose helps, but i wear for support for medical reasons also, so dont wear to bed/sleep for me this could actually increase risk of blood clot! so they are good for some things but it also difficult for me , would slide on bed too much lmao!
smoothron
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:37 am

Pantyhose for men

Post by smoothron »

of all men who quoted here have any actually worn mens hose or good hose? or women have you actually had male try them? even for you to see? just wondering, hard to comment either way without experience! not talking supermarket hose lol, i couldnt comment on something without experience! i would feel like hipicratte either way if i didnt lol
koan
Posts: 16817
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:00 pm

Pantyhose for men

Post by koan »

can we talk y'all into footless leggings?

they're way more comfortable and more fashionable at the same time.
smoothron
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:37 am

Pantyhose for men

Post by smoothron »

i have considered footless, but the support i need, one of which is the nerve that runs down from back(cyatic) runs to toes!

Return to “Fashion Clothing”