ask swinglizrd

swinglizrd

ask swinglizrd

Post by swinglizrd »

ok all....

i liked the threads that did this so, since i am new to the FG, here is your chance to get to know me a bit better...

ask anything,

say anything,

no topic to sticky, i will answer any and all that i can......

open book= ME :D
[FONT=Book Antiqua]Love as thou Wilt.

All knowledge is worth having.

Liz[/FONT]
qsducks

ask swinglizrd

Post by qsducks »

Welcome to the FG Swing! South Carolina...is it cold down there too? Freezing here in my nest.:wah:
swinglizrd

ask swinglizrd

Post by swinglizrd »

its about 44 degrees F here in grand ole south cackalaky..... not cold enough for my tastes..

wishing i was in New England.... i would love to see some snow! ;)

Liz[/FONT]
qsducks

ask swinglizrd

Post by qsducks »

swinglizrd;1109167 wrote: its about 44 degrees F here in grand ole south cackalaky..... not cold enough for my tastes..

wishing i was in New England.... i would love to see some snow! ;)

Don't feel bad as I'm in Philly and all we get is rain!:mad:
Oscar Namechange

ask swinglizrd

Post by Oscar Namechange »

What is your opinion on 'Gordon Brown', the British Prime Minister?

Are you a McCain or Obama voter?

How did you decide on your title 'Swinglizard'? Is this a practice that you carry out?

Do you have a dog and what are their names?

That's for starters. :-6:-6
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks

ask swinglizrd

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1109179 wrote: What is your opinion on 'Gordon Brown', the British Prime Minister?

How did you decide on your title 'Swinglizard'? Is this a practice that you carry out?

Don't be shy Oscar:yh_rotfl What if Swing is a cat lover?
swinglizrd

ask swinglizrd

Post by swinglizrd »

oscar;1109179 wrote: What is your opinion on 'Gordon Brown', the British Prime Minister?

:yh_rotfl

Ok....

i dont know anything really about the british prime minister. THAT is something i will have to do a bit of research on...

My title "swinglizrd" is a combination of two things... my whole name is elizabeth so naturally my nickname was lizard... (sigh) and when i first started doing the internet thing years ago, i was very much into swing dancing at clubs... you know.. the big band type of stuff.... Watch the movie "Swingers" with Vince vaughn and you will get the idea of the kind of life i was leading at that point!

ummm... oh yeah.. election stuff....

i did not vote for either McCain or Obama. I am a proud Libertarian so i wrote in Ron Paul... LOL

i have two fab dogs, a lab chow mix named Pippin (after the hobbit) and a beagle/boxer/hound/terrier/heinz 57 named Koga (after the wolf demon)

also, 4 cats named Punk, Freak, Hershey, and Chihiro.....

hows that fur answers dahlings? WOO

Liz[/FONT]
Odie

ask swinglizrd

Post by Odie »

swinglizrd;1109186 wrote: :yh_rotfl

Ok....

i dont know anything really about the british prime minister. THAT is something i will have to do a bit of research on...

My title "swinglizrd" is a combination of two things... my whole name is elizabeth so naturally my nickname was lizard... (sigh) and when i first started doing the internet thing years ago, i was very much into swing dancing at clubs... you know.. the big band type of stuff.... Watch the movie "Swingers" with Vince vaughn and you will get the idea of the kind of life i was leading at that point!

i did not vote for either McCain or Obama. I am a proud Libertarian so i wrote in Ron Paul... LOL

i have two fab dogs, a lab chow mix named Pippin (after the hobbit) and a beagle/boxer/hound/terrier/heinz 57 named Koga (after the wolf demon)

you've got my attention, certainly not on Gordon Brown!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

love your dogs, you must post some pics!

I have four cats also, all males, which are yours?
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

ask swinglizrd

Post by qsducks »

Ok....

A cat named Hershey...ummm, does the cat eat Hershey bars?:wah:
Oscar Namechange

ask swinglizrd

Ok....

I like it :-6:-6 Don't worry as in time you will be educated into Gordon Brown, the British Prime Minister as all British members on here think the world of him and praise the way he runs our country at every opportunity.

I love Chow,s and interesting names.

What do you think of the Iraq war?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks

ask swinglizrd

Post by qsducks »

Yes Swing...Oscar loves to brainwash everyone here on her bf Gordon:yh_rotfl...well at least he's better than that moron Tony Blair:yh_rotfl
swinglizrd

ask swinglizrd

Post by swinglizrd »

Odie;1109188 wrote: you've got my attention, certainly not on Gordon Brown!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

love your dogs, you must post some pics!

I have four cats also, all males, which are yours?

Punk is my only male cat (both the dogs are males)

Freak is his sister (their mother Squeak passed away in May 2008)

and Hershey and Chihiro are sisters (their mother and other 2 sisters live with my mom.)

Liz[/FONT]
swinglizrd

ask swinglizrd

Post by swinglizrd »

qsducks;1109194 wrote: A cat named Hershey...ummm, does the cat eat Hershey bars?:wah:

she certainly looks like she does.... she looks like a big fluffy hershey bar... with whiskers.... and claws.... and an annoying habit of being very intrusive.

Liz[/FONT]
qsducks

ask swinglizrd

Post by qsducks »

swinglizrd;1109202 wrote: she certainly looks like she does.... she looks like a big fluffy hershey bar... with whiskers.... and claws.... and an annoying habit of being very intrusive.

In that case, I hope she doesn't jump in the shower with you:wah:
swinglizrd

ask swinglizrd

Post by swinglizrd »

oscar;1109195 wrote: I like it :-6:-6 Don't worry as in time you will be educated into Gordon Brown, the British Prime Minister as all British members on here think the world of him and praise the way he runs our country at every opportunity.

I love Chow,s and interesting names.

What do you think of the Iraq war?

well i certainly look forward to the education. "All knowledge is worth having"

Iraq war.

Here is one thing that has weighed heavily on my mind. My husband served a year there as a crew chief on a Blackhawk helicopter. I supported him and his unit throughout (the whole thing brought about panic attacks and depression on my part).

i think it was a good thing getting Saddam out of there....

I think the troops (wherever they are from ) are doing amazing amounts of good for the people and the media only focuses on the bad things that happen. My husband has told me numerous stories of wonderful things that go on over there..

BUT, i think we need to get out of there.

REALISTICALLY i dont think that will be able to happen in the near future. Their society has been destablilized and we cant expect it to restablilize instantly....

bleh..... i should shut up now... :lips:

Liz[/FONT]
swinglizrd

ask swinglizrd

Post by swinglizrd »

qsducks;1109204 wrote: In that case, I hope she doesn't jump in the shower with you:wah:

i'm sure if the water werent there, she would be there.... she just likes to balance precariously on my chest area after climbing over my shoulder.... digging her claws in for balance anytime she things she is going to fall....

ouch..... :thinking:

maybe i should at least TRY to stop her at some point......

Liz[/FONT]
Oscar Namechange

ask swinglizrd

qsducks;1109198 wrote: Yes Swing...Oscar loves to brainwash everyone here on her bf Gordon:yh_rotfl...well at least he's better than that moron Tony Blair:yh_rotfl

Hang on.....:thinking: America has just awarded Tony Blair with the highest civility award possible for being what is quoted by the press as 'George Bush's staunch ally'. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl But your right ducks..... The man is a moron or as we like to affectionately refer to him here in Britain, 'The lying back-stabbing war-mongering Tosser'.

Excuse me Ducks, the word is not 'Brainwashing' about GB, it's praising the Great one. :yh_rotfl
qsducks

ask swinglizrd

Post by qsducks »

Wow! Alot of TMI today Liz.

Gawd, I have to run out on an errand soon...don't want too:wah:
swinglizrd

ask swinglizrd

Post by swinglizrd »

well WOW

i have to get some work done, but i will be back later to check and hopefully post some replies....

Keep askin! LOL

Liz

Liz[/FONT]
qsducks

ask swinglizrd

Post by qsducks »

swinglizrd;1109217 wrote: i'm sure if the water werent there, she would be there.... she just likes to balance precariously on my chest area after climbing over my shoulder.... digging her claws in for balance anytime she things she is going to fall....

ouch..... :thinking:

maybe i should at least TRY to stop her at some point......

Does she drink out of the toilet?:lips:
Chezzie

ask swinglizrd

Post by Chezzie »

Hi Liz

Any kidlets?

Do you work if so whats your line of work?

Summer or Winter?

Do you like pickled onions?

Do you get a lot of wind?

Favourite cartoon character?

Fav TV show?

Fav Book?
swinglizrd

ask swinglizrd

Post by swinglizrd »

qsducks;1109229 wrote: Does she drink out of the toilet?:lips:

not yet....... bathroom doors are closed at all times due to the doggies that live here.... i think my shower is my only private time... sigh...

got a little work done... LOL takin a break...

Liz[/FONT]
swinglizrd

ask swinglizrd

Post by swinglizrd »

Chezzie;1109265 wrote: Hi Liz

Any kidlets?

Summer or Winter?

Fav TV show?

Fav Book?

Alright.... here i go again.. YAY this is SUPER fun...

No pipsqueaks from my gene pool yet... 2010 is the golden year for us.... we are going to be adopting from China first, then trying for a couple of our own....

I do work... i am a woman of many talents... My main way of making my way in the world is being a voice "actress"... basically right now, i record lectures for professors that teach for Strayer University.... online stuff.... My next line of work is an acting coach for all ages.... there is a movie studio where i live that is starting an education branch, and hopefully in the next month or 2 i will be their acting teacher.... my next line of work is theatre director... my best play i have done is "A Streetcar Name Desire"..... sooooo all that to say...

i am self employed.

Winter is my favorite season of all.... i hate summers here in South Carolina... i wilt at the thought of 100% humidity.... which we have EVERYDAY in summertime here....

pickled onions sound quite good to me... the bane of my diet is all things salty and creamy.... and being from the south, we have lots of salty, fried, creamy goodies to partake in.... not much into sweet things, once in a while i crave chocolate (ice cream, brownies, donuts...)....

favorite cartoon character? that is a hard one....i am very much into japanese animation/video games/cartoon network/adult swim..... so it varies from time to time.... right now i would say, Stewie from family guy....

ooops.. missed one... "a lot of wind" is either outside wind, or gassy wind... of which there is a lot here in SC... considering i have a hubby and 2 dogs and it is relatively windy here in the Palmetto state.... so there ya go.. 2 in one for you

Favorite Tv show.... toss up there..... i have a top few that i love to watch...

The Sara Connor Chronicles

House

Family guy

The Tudors (of which i have to rent the DVDS for Jon rhys meyers :-4)

Dirty Jobs (mike Rowe is SOOOO very rugged):-4

FAvorite book?

also a toss up...

Black Jewels series by Ann Bishop

Vampire Chronicles by Anne RIce

Kushiels series by Jaqueline Carey

whew.... that was a workout!... speaking of which.. i need to get in gear and do some exercise...... stupid new years resolutions.....

Liz[/FONT]
el guapo

ask swinglizrd

Post by el guapo »

what is the meaning of life
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
swinglizrd

ask swinglizrd

Post by swinglizrd »

el guapo;1109285 wrote: what is the meaning of life

MY meaning of life is....

a good book

a warm puppy

a rainy day

an eager child to teach

laughing with my hubby and best friend.....

Liz[/FONT]
el guapo

ask swinglizrd

Post by el guapo »

fav breed of puppy
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
swinglizrd

ask swinglizrd

Post by swinglizrd »

el guapo;1109290 wrote: fav breed of puppy

ummmm.... errrrrr.........................................................

super hard one........... but probably

Lab puppy

Matiff (bull or Neopolitan)

Newfie

Liz[/FONT]
Carolly

ask swinglizrd

Post by Carolly »

Chezzie;1109265 wrote: Hi Liz

Any kidlets?

Summer or Winter?

Fav TV show?

Fav Book?Gawd yer so bleedin nosey woman:rolleyes:Liz excuse my good mate but shes one nosey cow.....unlike me:D.....How do you do by the way....im the posh one here;) and while im here I may as well ask you if you like Jellied Eels:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
el guapo

ask swinglizrd

Post by el guapo »

swinglizrd;1109291 wrote: ummmm.... errrrrr.........................................................

super hard one........... but probably

Lab puppy

Matiff (bull or Neopolitan)

Newfie

wrong ya like staff bull terriers
swinglizrd

ask swinglizrd

Post by swinglizrd »

Carolly;1109292 wrote: Gawd yer so bleedin nosey woman:rolleyes:Liz excuse my good mate but shes one nosey cow.....unlike me:D.....How do you do by the way....im the posh one here;) and while im here I may as well ask you if you like Jellied Eels:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl;)

Ah, i have seen lots about you dear Carolly..... tis nice to meet you!

jellied eels.......... :thinking: never had the... um...... pleasure.......... :wah:

should i WANT the pleasure? (turning a bit green)......

Liz[/FONT]
Carolly

ask swinglizrd

Post by Carolly »

swinglizrd;1109296 wrote: Ah, i have seen lots about you dear Carolly..... tis nice to meet you!

jellied eels.......... :thinking: never had the... um...... pleasure.......... :wah:

should i WANT the pleasure? (turning a bit green)......
You have:-2Its all lies I tell yer:-5:-5.....ere what you seen:-3:-2:rolleyes:;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Oscar Namechange

ask swinglizrd

Liz,

Carolly is wanted by the British Metropolitan police for 'eel abuse'. She eats buckets of them and is not posh. I am.

El Guapo is a cheeky pipsqueak who needs a good drubbing.

Jimbo was once abducted by aliens and has never been right since.

Chezzie is just downright bonkers.

qsducks is addicted to gummy bears and ducklings.

Odie has aliens living in her house and they bred in her xmas tree.

There are plenty more members yet to come so you have a lot of 'Hi's' to make :-6:-6:-6
Carolly

ask swinglizrd

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1109314 wrote: Liz,

Carolly is wanted by the British Metropolitan police for 'eel abuse'. She eats buckets of them and is not posh. I am.

El Guapo is a cheeky pipsqueak who needs a good drubbing.

Jimbo was once abducted by aliens and has never been right since.

Chezzie is just downright bonkers.

qsducks is addicted to gummy bears and ducklings.

Odie has aliens living in her house and they bred in her xmas tree.

There are plenty more members yet to come so you have a lot of 'Hi's' to make :-6:-6:-6Liz take no notice as Oscar likes our Prime Minister fgs...........need I say any more:rolleyes:;):lips:
Oscar Namechange

ask swinglizrd

Carolly;1109318 wrote: Liz take no notice as Oscar likes our Prime Minister fgs...........need I say any more:rolleyes:;):lips:

No no no carolly.... I do not like our prime Minister... I love his worshipness :-4:-4
hoxtonchris

ask swinglizrd

Post by hoxtonchris »

hi liz and im carollys other half and can tell you now that her and her friends are all mad lol but lovely and she just told me to say there all wonderful people except oscar (now im in trouble and sorry oscar lol) as she adores and this is her words not mine, the twit at number 10.i bettr get off of here before i cause any more trouble.enjoy your time here!
swinglizrd

ask swinglizrd

Post by swinglizrd »

Well! i have to say that i have well and truly been welcomed to the family i suppose!

you all have been distracting me from what to was supposed to have been a very productive work day......... oh wait..... i suppose its not ALL your fault...:thinking:

i'm very glad that everyone around is bonkers like i am.... and i think i shall fit in very nicely in this little pack.....

as for the eating of buckets of eels..... well.... i'm more likely to eat buckets of fried chicken being the southern bell that i am.... or shrimp and grits.... or biscuits and gravy....

oh.... and i have aliens living in my christmas stockings.... they are quite upset that i have been on a diet this year, and the treats were slim to none in the stockings..... the most they got was catnip....

muah darlings!

Liz[/FONT]
swinglizrd

ask swinglizrd

Post by swinglizrd »

hullo all!

i just wanted to stop by and say hello for the day. Unfortunately this thing called work has to be done today, so i wont be on too much!

you all have a super great day!

Liz :-6

Liz[/FONT]
mikeinie

ask swinglizrd

Post by mikeinie »

[QUOTE=swinglizrd;1109280]Alright.... here i go again.. YAY this is SUPER fun...

No pipsqueaks from my gene pool yet... 2010 is the golden year for us.... we are going to be adopting from China first, then trying for a couple of our own....

QUOTE]

My youngest daughter is adopted from China.

Are they still laughing at this in South Corolina?

YouTube - Brilliant Answer From Ms South Carolina
qsducks

ask swinglizrd

Post by qsducks »

mikeinie;1109807 wrote: [QUOTE=swinglizrd;1109280]Alright.... here i go again.. YAY this is SUPER fun...

QUOTE]

My youngest daughter is adopted from China.

Are they still laughing at this in South Corolina?

YouTube - Brilliant Answer From Ms South Carolina

And the question was?:D
along-for-the-ride

ask swinglizrd

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Hey, swingliz :)................I just noticed your thread today.

Here's a welcome mat for you. Let's sit on the porch and talk about stuff.

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”