To Change Just One Thing In Your Life.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

As you look back on your life what is the one thing you would change if you could...........
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Nothing :D
FOC THREAD PART 1
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

kayleneaussie;1176192 wrote: Nothing :DWell that was short and sweet....bet that took ages to write:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Can I change two things please?
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Carolly;1176193 wrote: Well that was short and sweet....bet that took ages to write:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Well I answered your question didnt I :guitarist

My opinion is why would you want to change anything....sure I probably have regretted things that have happened in my life but it has all been a learning experience which has made me what I am today :D
FOC THREAD PART 1
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

G#Gill;1176195 wrote: Can I change two things please?No thats cheating:-5 Id be here typing all day if I didn't make a limit:wah:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

kayleneaussie;1176196 wrote: Well I answered your question didnt I :guitarist

My opinion is why would you want to change anything....sure I probably have regretted things that have happened in my life but it has all been a learning experience which has made me what I am today :DYe well:rolleyes: I will say no more:wah::wah::p
Odie

Post by Odie »

Carolly;1176197 wrote: No thats cheating:-5 Id be here typing all day if I didn't make a limit:wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Odie

Post by Odie »

to actually do as mom advised me with my first marriage......when you get married, have your own bank account on the side......just in case.;)
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Odie;1176211 wrote: to actually do as mom advised me with my first marriage......when you get married, have your own bank account on the side......just in case.;)Totally agree with that....or at least abit put away somewhere;)
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I would have take Spanish in High School instead of French. ;)

Je vais bien.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

kayleneaussie;1176196 wrote: Well I answered your question didnt I :guitarist

My opinion is why would you want to change anything....sure I probably have regretted things that have happened in my life but it has all been a learning experience which has made me what I am today :D

That's a very wise reply. Just that there's at least one thing I wished I'd learnt before I'd had the lesson.

:D
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

along-for-the-ride;1176235 wrote: I would have take Spanish in High School instead of French. ;)

Je vais bien.Gawd I hated French Lessons.....I have enough trouble with talking English fgs:-5:rolleyes:
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Some lessons you learn the hard way.................... I wish I had never got involved with a certain family near us - welcomed them in with open arms, and treated them like they were daughter and grandchildren. I shall never ever let myself become involved like that ever again. For their own ends, they are trying to destroy my family..............just don't know why they picked on us to further their nastiness. :mad: :-1

So, Carol :p my second 'change things' would be to not make certain posts, and not upset people because I couldn't express myself better, so I was misunderstood. I have reaped the 'rewards' for that, and I shall for ever be sorry that I did that. I have an ordinary sized mouth but a very large foot.

I publicly say sorry, and just hope that the people I must have upset, will perhaps eventually forgive me. Forgive those posts that I wrote when I was particularly unhappy and down, and probably a little bit off my head. I am managing to cope with stuff a bit better now, and I can see a glimmer at the end of the tunnel, although there is still that small matter with that 'family' to sort out. God I shall never ever forgive them for what they are doing to my family.

Sorry, Carol, for disobeying your ruling. I'm afraid I had to quote the two things.

:(
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Carolly;1176189 wrote: As you look back on your life what is the one thing you would change if you could...........
I've been thinking.....Please Miss..... can i change 15 things?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1176252 wrote: I've been thinking.....Please Miss..... can i change 15 things?Oh is that all.....thought there would be more:yh_rotflNO just one are you deaf or what woman:-5:-5
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

OpenMind;1176237 wrote: That's a very wise reply. Just that there's at least one thing I wished I'd learnt before I'd had the lesson. :DGood reply that goes for alot of us I believe.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

apart from the obvios things like stopping members of your family dying

i would like to of never drank....ever
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

G#Gill;1176250 wrote: Some lessons you learn the hard way.................... I wish I had never got involved with a certain family near us - welcomed them in with open arms, and treated them like they were daughter and grandchildren. I shall never ever let myself become involved like that ever again. For their own ends, they are trying to destroy my family..............just don't know why they picked on us to further their nastiness. :mad: :-1

So, Carol :p my second 'change things' would be to not make certain posts, and not upset people because I couldn't express myself better, so I was misunderstood. I have reaped the 'rewards' for that, and I shall for ever be sorry that I did that. I have an ordinary sized mouth but a very large foot.

I publicly say sorry, and just hope that the people I must have upset, will perhaps eventually forgive me. Forgive those posts that I wrote when I was particularly unhappy and down, and probably a little bit off my head. I am managing to cope with stuff a bit better now, and I can see a glimmer at the end of the tunnel, although there is still that small matter with that 'family' to sort out. God I shall never ever forgive them for what they are doing to my family.

Sorry, Carol, for disobeying your ruling. I'm afraid I had to quote the two things.

:(I of course forgive you for those 2 things you have put instead of the one..I hear you loud and clear Gill and sometimes words even typed on here can hurt so much to the point of making one so unhappy and it takes time for that hurt to go away.....thats what it takes I guess.......time.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Carolly;1176189 wrote: As you look back on your life what is the one thing you would change if you could...........

c'mon, so what's yours?:sneaky::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1176258 wrote: Oh is that all.....thought there would be more:yh_rotflNO just one are you deaf or what woman:-5:-5 I'll have to work out which 14 to drop now :confused::confused:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1176266 wrote: I'll have to work out which 14 to drop now :confused::confused:Ok....we all wait with excitement.:-2
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

oscar;1176266 wrote: I'll have to work out which 14 to drop now :confused::confused:

you mean dress sizes dont cha:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Odie;1176265 wrote: c'mon, so what's yours?:sneaky::yh_rotfl:yh_rotflMine Odie......that is so so hard.....I guess it must to go back to my Childhood ....and wish I would have had one.I look at the kids today as I did then and realise what I missed.Yes Odie that would have to be mine.....my lost Childhood.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Carolly;1176272 wrote: Mine Odie......that is so so hard.....I guess it must to go back to my Childhood ....and wish I would have had one.I look at the kids today as I did then and realise what I missed.Yes Odie that would have to be mine.....my lost Childhood.

that is the best one I have heard here today, you did babe, have a rough childhood.:-4
Oscar Namechange

farmer giles;1176271 wrote: you mean dress sizes dont cha:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
It would be hard to DROP to a 14 as I'm a 12. But just watch it Jimbo...... I'm on to you :yh_rotfl Now put your 'Scaraff' back on and shuddup :yh_rotfl
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Odie;1176274 wrote: that is the best one I have heard here today, you did babe, have a rough childhood.:-4Still thats then and this is now and guess we have to move on or all our lost yesterdays will make unhappy tomorrows.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

farmer giles;1176260 wrote:

i would like to of never drank....ever3 very dear people in my life have said the same.....one no longer lives and another ones brother was killed by it

and nearly killed him also....the other one lost so many years because of it and so much happiness.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

Carolly;1176290 wrote: 3 very dear people in my life have said the same.....one no longer lives and another ones brother was killed by it

and nearly killed him also....the other one lost so many years because of it and so much happiness.

i started drinking at 27 when my daughter died ,to blot out the pain a frontal lobotomy or a bottle in front of me it was much the same ,i had stopped then my brother died if i dont stop i think i will die:thinking::thinking:

i think its time to stop :)
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

farmer giles;1176299 wrote: i started drinking at 27 when my daughter died ,to blot out the pain a frontal lobotomy or a bottle in front of me it was much the same ,i had stopped then my brother died if i dont stop i think i will die:thinking::thinking:

i think its time to stop :)Chris hasnt had a drink for 27 years....he wont even have it in his food in any form.He went through hell to get to where he is today and even though his had many tragedies in his life since he stopped drinking he has never had a drink since.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I dont care for the question. I dont mean that in a snide way. All of the events of our lives for better or worse gradually or suddenly if perhaps a traumatic experience changes our outlook become the sum of who we are. I accept that.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I will always regret not moving to California to study marine biology. I wanted to work in SeaWorld in San Diego while studying our beautiful ocean.

Guess it just wasn't meant to be for me:p
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

If I could stop my parents:-4getting old & sick I would but that is about it:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

mrsK;1176401 wrote: If I could stop my parents:-4getting old & sick I would but that is about it:-6Fabulous answer my Friend and so true:-4
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Nomad;1176378 wrote: I dont care for the question. I dont mean that in a snide way. All of the events of our lives for better or worse gradually or suddenly if perhaps a traumatic experience changes our outlook become the sum of who we are. I accept that.
yep i agree,,we are who we are because of everything thats happened in our lives so far, because of choices we have made, events we have had no control over all of ifes little incidents:) but,,,,,,,,,, some people are not happy with who they are:thinking: I know i sometimes do not like certain facets of my personality, certain ways i feel or react about things,, I dunno ,,lack of patience, insecurity etc, but they are there because of lifes lessons.

Kathy Ellen;1176387 wrote: I will always regret not moving to California to study marine biology. I wanted to work in SeaWorld in San Diego while studying our beautiful ocean.

Guess it just wasn't meant to be for me:p
Kathy im always saying you should never regret the thngs you do, only the things you do not do:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

new parents?? :rolleyes: :wah:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Every day I want to change something but I'm to old and you can't go back so I accept it for what it is and keep moving forward. It is what it is my life and all the stuff associated with it makes me who I am. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

CARLA;1176480 wrote: Every day I want to change something but I'm to old and you can't go back so I accept it for what it is and keep moving forward. It is what it is my life and all the stuff associated with it makes me who I am. :D

Im gasping !

Seriously.

You cant go back but you have all that forward ahead of you.

Thats when you get the chance to change.

Thats your gift !!!
I AM AWESOME MAN
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Nomad;1176544 wrote: Im gasping !

Seriously.

You cant go back but you have all that forward ahead of you.

Thats when you get the chance to change.

Thats your gift !!!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and we all learn from hindsight. Sometimes, though, it's just too late and when another life is involved, you can only pray for a miracle and hope for the best for that other life.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

I love some of the answers here.....some are so spiritual and so true and honest.
minks

Post by minks »

I would have changed my career choice and gone with what I love most.... some kind of job outdoors. I have always wanted to be a forest ranger... sigh....
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

minks;1176667 wrote: I would have changed my career choice and gone with what I love most.... some kind of job outdoors. I have always wanted to be a forest ranger... sigh....

I would have never known Minks:rolleyes:. I always wanted to a mail carrier and ended up as Mrs. Exciting.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

minks;1176667 wrote: I would have changed my career choice and gone with what I love most.... some kind of job outdoors. I have always wanted to be a forest ranger... sigh....

I thought about doing that.

But I'm not much good at climbing trees. A big problem for a forest ranger that is.:rolleyes:
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

I wouldn't change anything in my life. As so many have said, the things that have happened to us and the experiences we've had all make us who we are. I'm quite happy with who I am. I'm finally quite comfortable in my skin:)

Sure, I have regrets but who doesn't? :D
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Lon

Post by Lon »

My diapers:wah:
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

farmer giles;1176299 wrote: i started drinking at 27 when my daughter died ,to blot out the pain a frontal lobotomy or a bottle in front of me it was much the same ,i had stopped then my brother died if i dont stop i think i will die:thinking::thinking:

i think its time to stop :)

You will die Jimbutt. It's time to stop. Even when hubby died, I had the strongest urges to use again...but I chose NO. I knew it would kill me if I didn't stop...that was my inspiration. At 5 1/2 yrs clean, it's amazing to know that you have a choice...and if you can't do it by yourself, go into a treatment center, that's what I had to do.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

My biggest regret is taking that damn pain med that didn't help the pain, but put me into a really deep sleep. My hubby took too many meds and he passed out on our bedroom floor and I didn't hear him. Maybe I could have gotten him help in time, and if not, I could have at least been with him when he died. :-1
princessladedah

Post by princessladedah »

My financial situation, I wouldnt be filthy rich I would choose to be poor:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Lon;1176960 wrote: My diapers:wah::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

shelbell;1177106 wrote: You will die Jimbutt. It's time to stop. Even when hubby died, I had the strongest urges to use again...but I chose NO. I knew it would kill me if I didn't stop...that was my inspiration. At 5 1/2 yrs clean, it's amazing to know that you have a choice...and if you can't do it by yourself, go into a treatment center, that's what I had to do.I know your story Shel and you also know what ive been through having had so many people close to me with drink problems.You have been through something that was so bad and tested you big time regarding the drink......you didn't let yourself down and you should be so proud of yourself as I know your dear hubby must be looking down on you:-4:-4

Return to “General Chit Chat”