Whining on this lovely day....

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello FG'ers:-6

Hope you don't mind if I whine about my day. :-6

I haven't been having a pleasant life during these last 2 months and finally this weekend was going to be a 10'er...sunny and up in the 85 and 90 F/29-32C. I'm so stressed out that I'm ready to rip my eyeballs out right now:thinking:

I was ready to go to the beach on Saturday morning and had a frantic phone call from dear friends of mine....so instead of going to the beach we all got together and helped these friends move...Yes indeedy in all of this heat travelling up north along crowded roads:rolleyes:

Today was supposed to be relaxing for me....beach, book and cocktail..."Blue Lagoon" cocktail to be exact.

So, this morning, I was about to hop into the shower and go to the beach about 10 this morning and heard a loud crash outside my front door

I saw a huge truck driving down my street pulling a humungus boat behind him. Your man gets out of his truck and talks to another man in a nearby car. I quickly ran to get dressed as it looked like my car was damaged. My heart was beating so fast and I was in bits.

When I got outside your man was driving away without a care in the world. He then disappeared. I couldn't follow him as there was a utility wire down across my car.

Thankfully, my car seems fine. There was a glare on the back of my car and I originally thought something from the boat crashed on my car. Nothing happened to it:-6:driving:

I called the police just to report it. I knew there was nothing they could do as I never got the license plate of doppy. If my car is damaged then at least I will have a police report. I scoured all the nearby marinas and streets and couldn't find the boat driver.

So, I had no phone, tv or computer access....my cell phone was also not working. There's a million people here today so I had to run to the beach to call the cable company.

Anyway, I had to call my cable company for them to fix my phone, computer and tv. They said I'd have service between 10AM and 8PM tonight. Thankfully a lovely young man fixed everything by 6:30 tonight.

All is now good with all my teckie stuff....:guitarist

Just awhile ago, my neighbor told me that his neighbor next door to him had a marine company tow his boat up north. The driver of the tow truck co. told the boat owner what happened and of course it was the cable companys fault says he. The boat owner had called my neighbor as he thought the cable was his.

How daft can the boat owner be....the wires are hanging from my home not his neighbors:thinking:

Neither the boat driver or neighbor who owned the boat had the decency to knock on my door and tell me what happened or to say that they were sorry.

I'm so fec*ing mad still. The boat owner told my neighbor to tell me to just call my cable company and they'll take care of it. The eejit boat owner has now gone home and probably having fun on his boat.

I would have made the boat owner sit on my porch waiting all those hours for the cable guy and then give him a good tip.

My car is now securely in my driveway, and I've stopped whining.

I just get so upset sometimes because I just have a little shack on the beach and spend so much time and $ trying to fix up this handyman's special. It would have been nice for my neighbor to speak with me:thinking:

Thank you for listening:-4 I feel better now:D
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Its good to let it off you chest KE. Doesnt do to keep it all bottled up.

Dont you feel better now ? :D
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Kathy Ellen;1180395 wrote: Hello FG'ers:-6

You are very welcome. :-4

OMG you had a perfectly aweful day! Are all your tec problems straigtened out now? The nerve of some people, really.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

At least the car and you are OK! :-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

oh babe.......... when it rains it pours!

I am so sorry what you had to endure the entire day and still never had a chance to talk to the owner of the boat.......I would also be just devastated and livid!

I'm very happy to hear your beautiful red Solstice is fine, as I know how much you love that car.

now......its over...do some breathing techniques that work for me, take big long slow breaths...in and out....in and out...keep doing this until you feel your heart rate slow down.

:-4:-4:-4

p.s........one of my neighbours never talks to me either.;)
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1180395 wrote: Hello FG'ers:-6

Hope you don't mind if I whine about my day. :-6

I haven't been having a pleasant life during these last 2 months and finally this weekend was going to be a 10'er...sunny and up in the 85 and 90 F/29-32C. I'm so stressed out that I'm ready to rip my eyeballs out right now:thinking:

I was ready to go to the beach on Saturday morning and had a frantic phone call from dear friends of mine....so instead of going to the beach we all got together and helped these friends move...Yes indeedy in all of this heat travelling up north along crowded roads:rolleyes:

Today was supposed to be relaxing for me....beach, book and cocktail..."Blue Lagoon" cocktail to be exact.

So, this morning, I was about to hop into the shower and go to the beach about 10 this morning and heard a loud crash outside my front door

I saw a huge truck driving down my street pulling a humungus boat behind him. Your man gets out of his truck and talks to another man in a nearby car. I quickly ran to get dressed as it looked like my car was damaged. My heart was beating so fast and I was in bits.

When I got outside your man was driving away without a care in the world. He then disappeared. I couldn't follow him as there was a utility wire down across my car.

Thankfully, my car seems fine. There was a glare on the back of my car and I originally thought something from the boat crashed on my car. Nothing happened to it:-6:driving:

I called the police just to report it. I knew there was nothing they could do as I never got the license plate of doppy. If my car is damaged then at least I will have a police report. I scoured all the nearby marinas and streets and couldn't find the boat driver.

So, I had no phone, tv or computer access....my cell phone was also not working. There's a million people here today so I had to run to the beach to call the cable company.

Anyway, I had to call my cable company for them to fix my phone, computer and tv. They said I'd have service between 10AM and 8PM tonight. Thankfully a lovely young man fixed everything by 6:30 tonight.

All is now good with all my teckie stuff....:guitarist

Just awhile ago, my neighbor told me that his neighbor next door to him had a marine company tow his boat up north. The driver of the tow truck co. told the boat owner what happened and of course it was the cable companys fault says he. The boat owner had called my neighbor as he thought the cable was his.

How daft can the boat owner be....the wires are hanging from my home not his neighbors:thinking:

Neither the boat driver or neighbor who owned the boat had the decency to knock on my door and tell me what happened or to say that they were sorry.

I'm so fec*ing mad still. The boat owner told my neighbor to tell me to just call my cable company and they'll take care of it. The eejit boat owner has now gone home and probably having fun on his boat.

I would have made the boat owner sit on my porch waiting all those hours for the cable guy and then give him a good tip.

My car is now securely in my driveway, and I've stopped whining.

I just get so upset sometimes because I just have a little shack on the beach and spend so much time and $ trying to fix up this handyman's special. It would have been nice for my neighbor to speak with me:thinking:

Oh babe really sorry to hear it but I know how you feel! Tonight we had loud mouthed kids running down the street, etc. I went out to the front porch and observed them for about 5 min...maybe less...idk...finally told them "do you mind"? Peeps have to get up in the mornign and go to work/school, etc. Go the hell home!....they didn't give me any flack...stunned. But my neighbors all laughed.:wah:. I don't beat around the bush KE...I will not put up with loud mouthed brats and I don't give a rat's patoot if they don't like it.

Hey, btw...my neighbors daughter loves my shamrock neclace, just to let you know.:-4
cars

Post by cars »

Sorry to hear of your miserable day KE, but glad to hear that you & or your car are both OK! Some people, like that boat owner, just need to be . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Cars :)
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Well, Kathy. No wonder you feel stressed. What an ignorant moron driver. A long time ago I witnessed a tipper truck driver come out of his yard with his back end still raised up and it just sheared through the telephone wires across the road. I dived out of the way in case I got caught with whiplash. Then I called BT.

So, will you go to the beach today?:)
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Whining?

No way.. I think the behaviour of your neighbour and the truck driver was outragous and downright rude. You wasted a whole day running around sorting out the mess they caused you are entitled to feel p***ed off.

I just hope the rest of the week is better for you.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Victoria;1180465 wrote: Whining?

No way.. I think the behaviour of your neighbour and the truck driver was outragous and downright rude. You wasted a whole day running around sorting out the mess they caused you are entitled to feel p***ed off.

well said, bravo!
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

I hope you still eventually got your blue lagoon:-4:-4:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Have you ever had one Kaz? KE should publish the recipe...they are to die for.:-4
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

qsducks;1180637 wrote: Have you ever had one Kaz? KE should publish the recipe...they are to die for.:-4

Ye i had one years ago ducky:D Im not really a cocktail type of person now though:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

kazalala;1180639 wrote: Ye i had one years ago ducky:D Im not really a cocktail type of person now though:thinking:

Neither am I. Hubs had a bloody mary the other day...kids were grossed out.:wah:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

qsducks;1180641 wrote: Neither am I. Hubs had a bloody mary the other day...kids were grossed out.:wah:

:yh_rotflI do like tomato juice though,,, with worcester sauce:sneaky::D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

kazalala;1180655 wrote: :yh_rotflI do like tomato juice though,,, with worcester sauce:sneaky::D

Yes, he had that and they add tabasco sauce to make it spicy. Laura was just grossed out about it:wah:. All 4 of them were just :lips:. Ah, they are just kids with no taste yet.:wah:
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

I'm happy with just the bottle of curacao.:D
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

For you, Kathy Ellen. :)

With Love, AFTR :-6

YouTube - Mama Said There'll Be Days Like This

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1180739 wrote: I'm happy with just the bottle of curacao.:D

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1180820 wrote: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Something we all need at timesxxxxx
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

You are quite right. We can never get enough hugs. Thanks for yours. :-4

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Ahhhhhhh, thank you everyone for all of your kind thoughts. I really appreciate all of your best wishes.:-4

I feel so much better after my long whine. Can't wait to see if the boat owner comes back to the shore this weekend. I'm going to have a long chat with him:thinking:

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”