My Cup No Longer Runeth Over

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

There are people in this world who deserve special recognition and often they go unrewarded and anonymous. These people make our lives easier and in the case of my example here, less messy as well. :)

My choice for the unheralded award of excellence goes to the fellow (or gal) who discovered the immense value of have one cup lid size for different size cups. My God how brilliant, I can have a Tall, Grande or Venti cup of coffee with the same lid. I can even have small, medium, large or x-large soda again with the same lid. In my cafeteria at work I can get three sizes of soup, all with the same lid. Will the inventiveness of mankind never end? ;)

Make light of it if you will, but this is a big deal, perhaps even environmentally correct. I know for sure that not having to figure out if I have the right lid and no longer standing in a store embarrassed trying to fit the wrong lid on my cup of soda with the result of spilling its contents down my shirt quiets the stress in my life. :o

So hats off to the lid guy (or gal) and to others who make us less stressful. The rubber garlic peeler, the vacuum packed jar lid popper, the edgeless can opener and above all microwave popcorn all deserve kudos as well.

Never mind getting us to the moon, I just want to get through the day. :-6
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

My award goes to the person who designed the blue-tooth hands free for cell phones for when your driving.

Also the person who put a cup holder in my car for cups of hot coffee.

Oh and the cigg lighter in the car.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1191121 wrote: My award goes to the person who designed the blue-tooth hands free for cell phones for when your driving.

Also the person who put a cup holder in my car for cups of hot coffee.

Oh and the cigg lighter in the car.

I would like to thank the person who invented the Phart Suit.:yh_rotfl. I think they should be required for all personel at weddings, especially men who tend to drink heavily & eat loads of veggies...keep them in these suits till morning when it gets really "deadly":yh_rotfl
princessladedah

Post by princessladedah »

I would like to thank God, a bad day only lasts 24 hours
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

I would like to thank the person who invented the poisen I refer to as CHEMOTHEREPY---It saved my life and the lives of many other people....Ahhhhh never thought I would say that one---:-5 BUT I STILL HATE YOU COOPERATE MIDEVIL PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES THAT CHARGE THE UNDER INSURED 12,000$ FOR ONE BAG OF POISEN!!!

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Necessity..............the mother of invention:

Pull tabs on Cans

And then...........

The Ring Pull Can Opener uses a little leverage to easily pull back lids with pull tabs! Easily handles single serving pull tab lids.

Makes opening canned pet foods easy - even with arthritis!

Great for people with limited hand strength or finger dexterity.

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “General Chit Chat”