Happy Mother's Day!

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
Accountable

Happy Mother's Day!

Post by Accountable »

"ME MUDDER"

When me prayers were poorly said

Who tucked me in me widdle bed

And spanked me till me arse was wed

Me Mudder

Who took me from me cozy cot

And put me on the ice cold pot

And made me pee if I could not

Me Mudder

And when the morning light would come

And in me crib me dribbled some

Who wiped me tiny widdle bum

Me Mudder

Who would me hair so neatly part

And hug me gently to her heart

Who sometimes squeezed me till me fart

Me Mudder

Who looked at me with eyebrows knit

And nearly have a king size fit

When in me Sunday pants me s***

Me Mudder

When at night her bed did squeak

Me raised me head to have a peak

Who yelled at me to go to sleep

Me Farver!
Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Happy Mother's Day!

Post by Dewey2Me1MoThyme »

Well I found out today that there are still some good old fashioned shopkeepers out there in the real world. I'll try not to bore you, but I think this needs to be said, as some people deserve kudos now and then.

Every Easter my late father would buy my mom bon bons which she loved. This year she did not get any which I'm sure hurt her. You see, my father passed away last april at the age of 95. They were married for over 60 yrs, 60 years of bon bons for easter. So today my wife got on the phone and called every bakery here in southwest Indiana and in Yarmouth Nova Scotia trying to find her some for Mothers' Day with no luck. It seems they are a seasonal thing and only made at Christmas thru Easter. Finally she called Minard's Bakery, just outside of Yarmouth and the young man had just taken over the 60+ year old business. When we told him what we were looking for he apologized because he did not have the molds and marble slab needed to make them, however, he did tell us of some original recipe's he got when he purchased the bakery, and many of them were popular back when my parents were young. So we asked if there was anyway he could put together a platter of samples for her. After teling him of the bon bon history and of Dad's death, he said "I'll tell you what I'll dew. I will make a large platter of all these old cakes, tarts etc, and make it especially fancy just for her. Tell me how much you want to pay and I'll fix it up. After giving him $40 to work with, he said I better get busy, we are usually closed by now but I'm going to stay over thyme and make this one super special for your mother. In fact, he even offered to deliver it to her, but since she lives about 10 miles from the bakery, we called my oldest daughter to go pick it up when ready and take it to her. Now lets see the BIG BOX stores match that! It's good to know there are still people out there with good old neighbourly attitudes and big hearts. He could of easily ignored the ringing phone, or said sorry we're closed, but this young man went out of his way to make this a super Mother's Day for a 94 year old lady he'd never met. :-6

Dew

"Anything worth dewing is worth dewing well"
RedGlitter

Happy Mother's Day!

Post by RedGlitter »

That is really nice, Dew. That goodness will come back to him. Lots of people will still go out of their way for others, but they're hard to find. That will be a special gift for your mom. :)
Tigerlily

Happy Mother's Day!

Post by Tigerlily »

Mothering Sunday in the UK is three weeks before Easter, during Lent. It started because children who were sent out as servants were allowed that one day in the year to visit their mothers. They would take her violets or other Spring flowers they picked along the way, and a 'wheaten' cake, because that would have been all they could afford.

Happy Mother's Day to you US mothers! Hope they don't burn the toast or spill anything over you when they bring you breakfast in bed!
Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Happy Mother's Day!

Post by Dewey2Me1MoThyme »

Just a quick update. I called my mother in Nova Scotia today and she said she got the gift we ordered from the bakery. "I have not had some of these things since I was a kid. I didn't think anyone made them any mo' Yea, she talks a lot like me I know! Anyway, she was happier than a pig in the manure pile, and I hope she enjoys every fattening bite, after all she needs to put on a few. :-6

Dew

"Anything worth dewing is worth dewing well"
RedGlitter

Happy Mother's Day!

Post by RedGlitter »

:-6....that's great Dew. I'm glad it all worked out so well.
usernew

Happy Mother's Day!

Post by usernew »

I think the all in this forum are really loved her mother.

Wish all of you a very happy mother's day.

Return to “Holidays”