Flu Vaccine Shortage - Again?

Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

When the Government, the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) or any ruling authority begins the conversation with phrases like:

Uncertainties regarding production.

Distribution for the 2005–06 time frame remain unknown

Commodity in question goes to “priority groups”

Ensure that people who are at highest risk have access to widget A.

Recommends that certain priority groups receive widget A until October 24, 2005.

Beginning October 24, 2005 , all persons will be eligible for widget A.

The CDC has just released a memo containing all of the above.

Although we were assured that the American public would have adequate supplies after the 2004/2005 season, it appears that the CDC is worried about shortages again.

The carefully worded statement is a text-book example of double-speak and CYA.

In my political playbook, the following terms have a specific linear definition string:

Restriction of product = Rationing = Shortage

Or, for you right-brained people:

Shortage = Rationing = Restriction of product

Who would have thought that we were living in the 21st Century?
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
abbey

Post by abbey »

Its always the same story over here, we never have enough flue vaccine to go round.

No complaint from me though, after last years jab i was poorly for most of the year

so i shant be having it again!
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

If you're an average healthy person you really don't need the flu vaccine. They dialysis center is making me get it because they don't want me passing it on to the workers and the REALLY sick patients, but I think only those who are sick, the weaker elderly and small children really have a need for it. They reccommend people who work with the public vaccinate themselves, but I've found that regular hand washing and kleenex usage can really cut back on the spread of anything.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Well, that means that my husband who is an invalid will get the shot, and I won't again like last year. I could bring home a nasty flu bug to him! Go figure!
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

chonsigirl wrote: Well, that means that my husband who is an invalid will get the shot, and I won't again like last year. I could bring home a nasty flu bug to him! Go figure!

Since you're his primary caretaker, can you get a shot where he gets his?
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

I always get a vaccination from my oncologist - she has a thing about me getting sick.:-2
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Bez

Post by Bez »

flopstock wrote: Have you ever noticed that the folks that get the flu shots are the ones that are always blowing their nose and hacking through the winter months? I drink Huge glasses of iced tea all day long, summer/winter, makes no difference...i think my body stays flushed out of germs...plus every trip to the ladies my hands get washed.

This is the second year that I will be having a flu jab offered by the company I work for . I very rarely get colds but I did have flu about 25 years ago and it was gruesome. Children and Older people are vulnerable apparently. If you want to protect yourself....what's the problem.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home

Return to “Societal Issues News”