Wick3d D3vi4nt.....why was she banned?

Discuss the latest political news.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Accountable;1241879 wrote: Abbey you know I luv ya, but why the hell shouldn't you have to justify every ban? This site is a business, dependent on the good will of the members. No good will, no members. No members, no business.

How hard is it to justify? So-and-so was banned for numerous complaints reflecting his/her violation of TOS rule #3.

Because, by specific and repeated instruction from Tombstone, we are not allowed to discuss any matters relating to the moderation of this board in the public forums.

If none of you can see why she was banned then there's truly no hope
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1241932 wrote: I am not mod bashing any of the mods, infact, a few have been very good to me and I respect it is a difficult unpaid labour of love to FG.

I just feel that in this case, a permanent ban was too severe for the ladies first offence and an infraction and warning would have resolved the matter.

Again, I do believe that she said what she said because she saw her country being attacked on the anniversary of 9/11 of all days. I also strongly objected to the thread and felt it was appalling timing and un-nessessary to our US members.

Could the mods have a debate on this and re-consider please? She is a young girl and that should be taken into account.

a) She is not a forum newbe - she is experienced in the ways of the forum and has been a member of several.

b) She is not new to FG - she was a member previously under a different name and has "form" with the members she abused.

c) It was not a spur of the moment attack - it was pre-meditated and she even warned us she was going to do it.

Sorry, this was not an innocent young child having a momentary lapse - it was a deliberate and well thought out attack by someone who knew very well what she was doing.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bryn Mawr;1242070 wrote: a) She is not a forum newbe - she is experienced in the ways of the forum and has been a member of several.

b) She is not new to FG - she was a member previously under a different name and has "form" with the members she abused.

c) It was not a spur of the moment attack - it was pre-meditated and she even warned us she was going to do it.

Sorry, this was not an innocent young child having a momentary lapse - it was a deliberate and well thought out attack by someone who knew very well what she was doing. How can you possibly know that it was pre-meditated?

I read Wicked's Intro post also about causing the mods a headache but surely that was irony, sarcasm and a joke?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I was not going to post anymore in certain threads....such as the American threads or ones that cause conflict. I'm just so tired of fighting with some members here and need a bit of peace in my cyber life.

But, I honestly need to post my thoughts here. To premise my reply, I would like to say first that I think the world of Gman and would hate to see him leave FG. He is a wonderful,kind and thoughtful man. I also believe that Wicked is a very nice, young woman full of spark and intelligence. However, I have not know Wicked as long as I've known Gman.

I also admit that I've posted some hurtful things to certain members here, and realized lately that those thoughts really need to be posted in private pm's or emails. So, I've done that lately.

I wonder how many of the members who posted in this thread have read the original post by Wicked? I did and honestly I was shocked by its content and was one of some members who asked to have it deleted this morning before it was read by members that it was directed towards.

I'm sorry G and Wicked but that post was absolutely awful, nasty and inappropriate. It was a hate-filled post against some here and if it had to be written by you, then it should have been done in a pm.

I have to agree whole-heartedly with the mods here and support them. If that post was ever directed towards me and I happened upon it, I would have been so angry and wished that it was said to me in a pm....although I would never want to read something like that.

I agree with everything that Wicked said about our country, but the nasties that went along with it were so unnecessary. I'm sorry, but this is not the type of forum that appreciates that kind of post IMO.

I would report any nasty post directed towards any member here. I know that many members are feuding with others, myself included, but I feel that we should try to work out our anger in other areas rather than the open board.

I also think that the mods are doing a wonderful job here. Maybe we don't agree with their decisions but I think that if we walk in their shoes, we'll understand their thoughts. I know this is true as I've always thought that some people have an easy job until I walked in their shoes.

And I do agree that this post was deleted as I wouldn't want the people who it was directed towards reading it. And no, I really don't want to discuss the post.

So go ahead now and rip me a new a**hole...I can take it now....:D
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Kathy Ellen

Your a sweet heart - you have a good soul & we love you here at FG.

I didn't know nor speak to this person Wicked

I knew from her rescent post - that she was familiar with FG ( A.K.A.) ?? ..

Her post & opinion would stand if the profanity/slander had been left out. But - I write the way I speak & some times we get caught up on a issue & all hell breaks.. it's as simple as that..

severity as having to be banned ??

That's up to the MOD SQUAD

Due to the economy they won't receive their raise in pay or a bonus....

Obama made me say that :yh_rotfl

Patsy
Odie

Post by Odie »

Patsy Warnick;1242290 wrote: Kathy Ellen

Your a sweet heart - you have a good soul & we love you here at FG.

I didn't know nor speak to this person Wicked

I knew from her rescent post - that she was familiar with FG ( A.K.A.) ?? ..

Her post & opinion would stand if the profanity/slander had been left out. But - I write the way I speak & some times we get caught up on a issue & all hell breaks.. it's as simple as that..

severity as having to be banned ??

That's up to the MOD SQUAD

Due to the economy they won't receive their raise in pay or a bonus....

Obama made me say that :yh_rotfl

Patsy

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Oh for heavens sake. She is banned for multiple reasons.

You peeps can do this :-5 all you want, but that won't change it.

Give it a rest why don't you.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Sunshine;1242302 wrote: Oh for heavens sake. She is banned for multiple reasons.

You peeps can do this :-5 all you want, but that won't change it.

Give it a rest why don't you.

excuse me?

give it a rest?

'Due to the economy they won't receive their raise in pay or a bonus...'

that is what I was laughing about.:rolleyes:
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Odie;1242307 wrote: excuse me?

give it a rest?

'Due to the economy they won't receive their raise in pay or a bonus...'

that is what I was laughing about.:rolleyes:
Odie, I was not singling you out. It was in reguards to 6 pages of whys.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Sunshine

I knew exactly what you referred to

Hang it up - forget the Alias BS

just go away..

Patsy
Odie

Post by Odie »

Patsy Warnick;1242316 wrote: Sunshine

I knew exactly what you referred to

Hang it up - forget the Alias BS

just go away..

Patsy

there are at least 2 pages of just joking around!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

yup......threads been dead for while, thank god.
Odie

Post by Odie »

I seemed to have allowed myself to get stung.......!:-5:-5

this thread was not my idea.

I was personally asked to do this thread because the person who asked me swore up and down it was the right thing to do, even though I hadn't read the the enire post that wicked had said.:-5:-5..........nor was I ever told she was on previously as other members.:mad::mad:

I'm sorry mods for ever doubting you in your answers here.?:-5:-5

I realized something was going on as time went on.....:confused:

I also apologize to members here who wondered wtf I was saying?

I have been made a fool of here and I don't ever ever want to see this done again!:-5:-5

I have learned a valuable lesson......'never post something just becasue someone else says its right thing to do'

and this, is not an excuse.....
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Oh Odie

your such a good person

we love you

Patsy
Odie

Post by Odie »

Patsy Warnick;1247108 wrote: Oh Odie

your such a good person

we love you

Patsy

thank you Patsy for understanding just how stupid I was!.:-4
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Not stupid Odie, maybe a little naive...I came very close to doing what you did, only in a different way. I'm glad we talked and came to the same conclusions...it took some balls to do what you did here. :-4
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

shelbell;1247113 wrote: Not stupid Odie, maybe a little naive...I came very close to doing what you did, only in a different way. I'm glad we talked and came to the same conclusions...it took some balls to do what you did here. :-4

Agreed, and thank you :-6
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

shelbell;1247113 wrote: Not stupid Odie, maybe a little naive...I came very close to doing what you did, only in a different way. I'm glad we talked and came to the same conclusions...it took some balls to do what you did here. :-4

Shel is right .Everyone makes mistakes Odie.

I have made plenty in my life , we learn from them.

Thank you.:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Patsy Warnick;1247108 wrote: Oh Odie

your such a good person

we love you

Patsy

I agree Patsy, and it does take a lot of guts to publicly admit a mistake that you have made.

Odie, a lot of members could take a leaf out of your book! You take care, cos a lot of us care about that ! :-6 :) ;)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Post by Odie »

thanks shell, this did take balls, had to think about this as time went on...

I'm also soooooooo glad we talked things through before and did come to the same conclusions.
Odie

Post by Odie »

mrsK;1247116 wrote: Shel is right .Everyone makes mistakes Odie.

I have made plenty in my life , we learn from them.

Thank you.:-6

thank you for forgiving me!:-4

we do make mistakes, Mrs. K.....but not like this one.....it was my first and last time.
Odie

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1247153 wrote: I agree Patsy, and it does take a lot of guts to publicly admit a mistake that you have made.

Odie, a lot of members could take a leaf out of your book! You take care, cos a lot of us care about that ! :-6 :) ;)

members can take a leaf out of their books, Gill, and I don't blame them in the least if they did then or now.

I have always strived to be honest......this time I was stung.......and it made me look like I wasn't honest.:-5:-5

I may bull s h i t here and there, who doesn't?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

thanks Gill.......I feel like a weight has been lifted.........

whew!

Return to “Current Political Events”