Son telly tonight!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
lou lou belle

Son telly tonight!

Post by lou lou belle »

My son is on telly tonight, he's on HMS Ocean and the programme is called Warship on channel 5. We are soooooo proud of him, I could actually burst. :-4

He's been through quite a lot for a young man. Cant wait to see him, all the family are recording it. :-6
Oscar Namechange

Son telly tonight!

Post by Oscar Namechange »

lou lou belle;1244795 wrote: My son is on telly tonight, he's on HMS Ocean and the programme is called Warship on channel 5. We are soooooo proud of him, I could actually burst. :-4

He's been through quite a lot for a young man. Cant wait to see him, all the family are recording it. :-6 What a shame we are out tonight but I'll record it.

That's fantastic for you... yes, you must be very proud.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
in the know

Son telly tonight!

Post by in the know »

lou lou belle;1244795 wrote: My son is on telly tonight, he's on HMS Ocean and the programme is called Warship on channel 5. We are soooooo proud of him, I could actually burst. :-4

He's been through quite a lot for a young man. Cant wait to see him, all the family are recording it. :-6

We'll be watching, he's a real star. you must be so proud. :-4
lou lou belle

Son telly tonight!

Post by lou lou belle »

I am, he is a credit to me and his father. you hear so much negativity these days and all I can say is there is hope, as long as there are boys like him in this world. :-4

Even our dog will be watching. :D:
Raven

Son telly tonight!

Post by Raven »

Both of my sons were in Iraq. Both home safe now. Folks here will tell you I was a mess for a bit. Ol' Navy girl myself. U.S. Navy of course.:rolleyes:
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Peg

Son telly tonight!

Post by Peg »

I would be excited too!
flopstock

Son telly tonight!

Post by flopstock »

Raven;1244824 wrote: Both of my sons were in Iraq. Both home safe now. Folks here will tell you I was a mess for a bit. Ol' Navy girl myself. U.S. Navy of course.:rolleyes:
Mine's heading out in 10 days. I still say it's the old who should be sent to war.:thinking:

loulou - do a little youtubeish thing for those of us that can't see it.:D

We won't take points off if it's not perfect, I promise! Make fun of you, sure... but not take points off..:wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Raven

Son telly tonight!

Post by Raven »

flopstock;1244829 wrote: Mine's heading out in 10 days. I still say it's the old who should be sent to war.:thinking:

loulou - do a little youtubeish thing for those of us that can't see it.:D

We won't take points off if it's not perfect, I promise! Make fun of you, sure... but not take points off..:wah:
Oh darlin I know what you're goin thru. And it doesnt get better till they are home. All we can do is pray. But you have support here.:(
Oscar Namechange

Son telly tonight!

Raven;1244834 wrote: Oh darlin I know what you're goin thru. And it doesnt get better till they are home. All we can do is pray. But you have support here.:(
My husbands sister has four sons... all are in Iraq and Afghan. Yes, I do know exactly where they are and what Regiment but I feel it a little foolhardy to post their where-abouts on an open board. Mr O's sister goes through hell having four out there and we also worry so much for them.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
flopstock

Son telly tonight!

Post by flopstock »

oscar;1244835 wrote: My husbands sister has four sons... all are in Iraq and Afghan. Yes, I do know exactly where they are and what Regiment but I feel it a little foolhardy to post their where-abouts on an open board. Mr O's sister goes through hell having four out there and we also worry so much for them.

I wouldn't dream of posting specifically where mine is headed, either. It just feels like tempting fate somehow.

Not to go off topic, but do you guys do care packages? A lady at work whose son was over last year, we sent a themed packages to his whole squad or whatever it's called - We had a fiesta month, Hawaiian month, Take me out to the ballgame month, cowboy month, Superbowl month and all the holidays of course. Everyone brought something... and everyone felt great!
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Raven

Son telly tonight!

Post by Raven »

oscar;1244835 wrote: My husbands sister has four sons... all are in Iraq and Afghan. Yes, I do know exactly where they are and what Regiment but I feel it a little foolhardy to post their where-abouts on an open board. Mr O's sister goes through hell having four out there and we also worry so much for them.
And the horror of watching those boys come home with flags over their boxes, you know you shouldnt watch, but you cant help it.

Wouldnt worry too much over posting what country they are in. I wouldnt say what city they were in though.
Clairs Mum

Son telly tonight!

Post by Clairs Mum »

you must be so proud. lol karen
Oscar Namechange

Son telly tonight!

Raven;1244876 wrote: And the horror of watching those boys come home with flags over their boxes, you know you shouldnt watch, but you cant help it.

Wouldnt worry too much over posting what country they are in. I wouldnt say what city they were in though.

Evey time one is reported killed, my sister-In-law phones and say's 'Alls well, It's not one of ours'. Then we feel awful for the wives and parents of the one who got killed.
Peg

Son telly tonight!

Post by Peg »

flopstock;1244860 wrote: I wouldn't dream of posting specifically where mine is headed, either. It just feels like tempting fate somehow.

Not to go off topic, but do you guys do care packages? A lady at work whose son was over last year, we sent a themed packages to his whole squad or whatever it's called - We had a fiesta month, Hawaiian month, Take me out to the ballgame month, cowboy month, Superbowl month and all the holidays of course. Everyone brought something... and everyone felt great!

We just had a fundraiser at work to send more packages. Raised $708. I like the theme idea. It's great when they come home and tell you how much the packages from home helped them cope.
Oscar Namechange

Son telly tonight!

Peg;1244910 wrote: We just had a fundraiser at work to send more packages. Raised $708. I like the theme idea. It's great when they come home and tell you how much the packages from home helped them cope.
We get asked for some very strange items:wah:
G#Gill

Son telly tonight!

Post by G#Gill »

lou lou belle;1244795 wrote: ,My son is on telly tonight, he's on HMS Ocean and the programme is called Warship on channel 5. We are soooooo proud of him, I could actually burst. :-4

Hey LLB, well done your son, and all the best to him ! When he comes home, what a keepsake for him - make sure you put it onto disc !

Sorry but I wouldn't know who to look out for, but I shall watch just the same ;) In fact I'm watching the programme now - it's about the Lynx chopper at the moment !

I have great admiration for all our lads and lassies doing such a demanding and difficult job, and putting their lives on the line.

Keep safe LLB's son :-6:)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
chonsigirl

Son telly tonight!

Post by chonsigirl »

It will be memorable, and him coming home will be the best thing of all. :-4
lou lou belle

Son telly tonight!

Post by lou lou belle »

Yep, saw him, he was on the deck with a group of his colleagues.

he looked really healthy and tanned. looks as though he has been doing a bit of weights. He looks so much like my husband it scary.

I remember seeing my hubby on the news when he was in the marines, but it is so different when its your son. At lot of his mates on board worked with my hubby, Buck the Sargenat Major is a good mate of my hubby's.

Whats weird is my husband could still be serving, but decided to leave after 14 years service.

The Marines watch out for my son, he drives the rigid raiders and is now a marksman. I cant wait to see him. i love waiting on the Hoe in Plymouth and watching the ship coming in, its so amazing to watch. Ocean is a formidable ship.

I feel like I have spent nearly all of my adult life standing at Airports, train stations and barracks saying hello and goodbye. I am not suprised my son is doing what he's doing.

I hope the forum readers family members that are still fighting for our country come back safe. :-4

Being in the navy definately helped my get an idea of what its like for him, and I know he will have a great life. :-6

Heres a link so you can see him in action, what a photo, he's second from front nearest the camera. That my boy.:D:D:D

New anti-piracy boat is tested

Return to “General Chit Chat”