Authorities: Tiger Woods seriously hurt in crash

Discuss all types of sports.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Barman;1270113 wrote: The count is up to EIGHT now, dirty swine.

Maybe he was giving them golf lessons?:-3:rolleyes:

He was teaching them "the proper" stroke.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Barman;1270113 wrote: The count is up to EIGHT now, dirty swine.

Maybe he was giving them golf lessons?:-3:rolleyes:

yeah, sure he was.:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Tiger's troubles widen his distance from blacks

Amid all the headlines generated by Tiger Woods' troubles — the puzzling car accident, the suggestions of marital turmoil and multiple mistresses — little attention has been given to the race of the women linked with the world's greatest golfer. Except in the black community.

When three white women were said to be romantically involved with Woods in addition to his blonde, Swedish wife, blogs, airwaves and barbershops started humming, and Woods' already tenuous standing among many blacks took a beating.

On the nationally syndicated Tom Joyner radio show, Woods was the butt of jokes all week.

"Thankfully, Tiger, you didn't marry a black woman. Because if a sister caught you running around with a bunch of white hoochie-mamas," one parody suggests in song, she would have castrated him.

"The Grinch's Theme Song" didn't stop there: "The question everyone in America wants to ask you is, how many white women does one brother waaant?"

As one blogger, Robert Paul Reyes, wrote: "If Tiger Woods had cheated on his gorgeous white wife with black women, the golfing great's accident would have been barely a blip in the blogosphere."

The darts reflect blacks' resistance to interracial romance. They also are a reflection of discomfort with a man who has smashed barriers in one of America's whitest sports and assumed the mantle of the world's most famous athlete, once worn by Muhammad Ali and Michael Jordan.

But Woods has declined to identify himself as black, and famously chose the term "Cablinasian" (Caucasian, black, Indian and Asian) to describe the racial mixture he inherited from his African-American father and Thai mother.

Story Link: Tiger's troubles widen his distance from blacks - Yahoo! News
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

"If Tiger Woods had cheated on his gorgeous white wife with black women, the golfing great's accident would have been barely a blip in the blogosphere."

How utterly racist

Aside from pure 100% ignorance how is it these people consider Tiger Woods to not be any other race besides "black"?

How is the statement above any different than "If Tiger Woods had cheated on his gorgeous black wife with white women, the golfing great's accident would have been barely a blip in the blogosphere"?

We'd be hearing calls from Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson if such were the case :yh_eyerol
joey2000

Post by joey2000 »

That's ridiculous. Everyone knows blacks can't be racist; only THE MAN can.

All hail the double-standard! :yh_worshp
spot

Post by spot »

The Man's had rather more practice, let's face it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Odie

Post by Odie »

joey2000;1270363 wrote: That's ridiculous. Everyone knows blacks can't be racist; only THE MAN can.

All hail the double-standard! :yh_worshp

and why would he be racist? He can have any woman he wants.:yh_pig:yh_pig

and obviously, he's had quite a few...jerk:rolleyes:
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

There was an interesting story about Tiger Woods' celebrity on Face The Nation this morning. I tried to post the link to the video but couldn't. Here is what Bob Schieffer had to say:

The Bitter Truth About Celebrity

An Old Pro Told Tiger Woods How He Could Avoid the Pressures of Fame and Fortune at a Young Age

Play CBS Video

Video

The Bitter Truth About Celebrity

Bob Schieffer has some great advice for Tiger Woods, whose private life became very public last week. Schieffer says, if you wanted to be normal perhaps you should have only played golf with your friends on Saturday

Tiger Woods

A glance at the career

of the golfer who is master of the game

Parnevik: I Thought Tiger was a Better Guy

Tiger Woods Whiffs on Scandal's P.R.

(AP) " I was at a lunch in Houston this week where I met one of my longtime heroes, the great home run hitter Hank Aaron. After watching him shake hands and chat with the hordes of people who came up to meet him, I told him it was a pleasure to meet a famous person who was just the way I thought he would be.

Arnold Palmer, the great golfer, was the same way. If Palmer ever ate in a restaurant without being interrupted by a dozen people who wanted to meet him, it went unrecorded. But he always got up, shook hands, and wished them well.

Which is why I loved the story John Feinstein told in the Washington Post about the lunch Palmer had with a 21-year-old Tiger Woods, the year Woods won his first Masters.

Tiger opened up to Palmer. He said he couldn't be a normal 21 year old because he had to sign autographs, talk to the media, do photo shoots for sponsors.

"It just never ends," he said.

"You're right," Palmer replied. "Normal 21-year-olds don't have $50 million in the bank. If you want to be normal, give the money back."

Tiger Woods is 34 and close to a billion dollars now in worth, but as his life came apart last week, he was still complaining about being put upon, about being unable to lead a normal life.

Sorry Tiger, we all make mistakes, but if you wanted to be normal you should have taken Arnie's advice, just played golf with your friends on Saturdays like the rest of us and I promise you no one would have cared what you did - except maybe your wife. "
joey2000

Post by joey2000 »

Yeah he always gave me that spoiled brat impression too. More money than he could ever really need or enjoy, a gorgeous wife, top of his profession.........yeah poor guy, my heart bleeds.

Now it turns out he can't even be bothered to keep his pants on. What a egomaniac POS.
Odie

Post by Odie »

'Sorry Tiger, we all make mistakes, but if you wanted to be normal you should have taken Arnie's advice, just played golf with your friends on Saturdays like the rest of us and I promise you no one would have cared what you did - except maybe your wife. "

spoiled brat had to just have it all and then some.

He certainly has a difference face then what I remembered just a few weeks ago.:mad:
spot

Post by spot »

FG seems to have accumulated the most hypocritical bunch of whited sepulchres imaginable. I'm horrified at the lack of charity. So much for not casting the first stone, and all that.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

It is the Gillette Curse

First Thierry cheats (world cup qualifier)

Now Tiger....

will Federer be next???? :wah:

Smooth operators left foaming at the mouth over 'Curse of the Gillette Three' - Times Online
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

This just in: Tiger goes nuclear.

His mother-in-law was taken out on a stretcher this morning, and the total of woman saying they've had affairs with Tiger rises to nine. Also, the police suspect drunk drving and wanted the hospital records and there are vague allegations of prescription drug abuse.

Man, when Tiger falls from grace, he doesn't go halfway!:-2
Odie

Post by Odie »

Saint_;1271044 wrote: This just in: Tiger goes nuclear.

His mother-in-law was taken out on a stretcher this morning, and the total of woman saying they've had affairs with Tiger rises to nine. Also, the police suspect drunk drving and wanted the hospital records and there are vague allegations of prescription drug abuse.

Man, when Tiger falls from grace, he doesn't go halfway!:-2

some grace he had.:rolleyes:
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

He shouldn't have tried to play 18 holes.:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1271106 wrote: He shouldn't have tried to play 18 holes.:yh_rotfl

he played tons more holes than that!:sneaky::yh_rotfl
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

spot;1270609 wrote: FG seems to have accumulated the most hypocritical bunch of whited sepulchres imaginable. I'm horrified at the lack of charity. So much for not casting the first stone, and all that.

You wouldn't agree that those destined to never cheat on their partner have the right to ridicule and criticize Tiger's choice to cheat? Keeping in mind that, at least not that I'm aware of, Tiger cheating on his wife has not been proven

Return to “Wide World of Sports”