Mo Mowlam

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Snowfire

Mo Mowlam

Post by Snowfire »

I watched the drama about the late Secretary for State for Northern Ireland, Mo Mowlem last night. Played superbly by Julie Waters. The best part for me was when she confronted Peter Mandelson on the steps inside the House of Commons, when she found out there was about to be a cabinet reshuffle and he would be getting her job.

Oh I hope that exchange was true, word for word. The slimy 'orrible reptile
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
mikeinie

Mo Mowlam

Post by mikeinie »

I watched it as well, it was very good.

She was a fantastic lady.
kazalala

Mo Mowlam

Post by kazalala »

I watched that too and enjoyed it ,, Julie Walters is a fabulous actress. Mo deserved better didnt she:(

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Snowfire

Mo Mowlam

Post by Snowfire »

mikeinie;1287600 wrote: I watched it as well, it was very good.

She was a fantastic lady.

kazalala;1287620 wrote: I watched that too and enjoyed it ,, Julie Walters is a fabulous actress. Mo deserved better didnt she:(

She got a standing ovation in the middle of Tony Blair's speech. Priceless. You get the feeling that this was a politician doing things for the right reasons for a change. You don't often get the opportunity to say that. Yes I think she was a fantastic lady and certainly deserved better
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Chezzie

Mo Mowlam

Post by Chezzie »

Loved it, superb acting from Julie. Had my eyes opened, had no idea Mo was such a hoot...Seemed a lovely down to earth lady.
mikeinie

Mo Mowlam

Post by mikeinie »

Today is another historical day in the Northern Ireland peace process, after long and difficult negotiations agreement has been made to move the contentious issue of Policing and Justice from the hands of England to the local Northern Ireland Assembly.

They will now enter the process of self policing and applying their own justice.

On a sad note in relation to this post, in the many speeches that were made today, Gordon Brown thanked all those throughout the years who paid significant contributions to the peace process, and he made no Mention of the loved Mo Mowla.

She was a great woman, and a significant part of today’s Northern Ireland’s peace, and although she may be forgotten by the politicians, she is not forgotten by the people of Ireland both North and South.

Return to “General TV Shows”