Halloween 2009

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
qsducks

Halloween 2009

Post by qsducks »

Although its a bit windy today...I've taken out the halloween decorations to put up tomorrow...lighted pumpkins, signs, fake fall leaves to put on the iron columns out front...time for it...all my tomatoes are dying off, must harvest my basil, sage, oregano, parsley, etc., take down the my summer flag & put up my halloween flags...
G#Gill

Halloween 2009

Post by G#Gill »

Hey Ducks !!! I thought Hallowe'en was 31 October !!!!!! :thinking:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
qsducks

Halloween 2009

Post by qsducks »

G#Gill;1247258 wrote: Hey Ducks !!! I thought Hallowe'en was 31 October !!!!!! :thinking:

It is but with fall here everyone decorates early....I even have lights for my plant out front:)
G#Gill

Halloween 2009

Post by G#Gill »

qsducks;1247259 wrote: It is but with fall here everyone decorates early....I even have lights for my plant out front:)

Crikey ! Mind you over here, Christmas decs start going up soon, in the shops and on some folks' houses :eek: :rolleyes: They start well before we've even got through 5th November Guy Fawkes night ffs !!!! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
qsducks

Halloween 2009

Post by qsducks »

Day after thanks giving is when christmas stuff goes up
Sunshine

Halloween 2009

Post by Sunshine »

Most of the stores here already have Christmas stuff for sale as well as Halloween stuff. I am so not ready for Christmas yet.

A bit too early for decorating for Halloween for me but my one neighbor is. Lights, sound effects, the whole nine yards. I hope they remember to turn off the sound effects before bed. It is a bit errie when you wake up in the middle of the night, when nature calls, and hear a witch laughing outside.:-3:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Halloween 2009

Post by qsducks »

Sunshine;1247265 wrote: Most of the stores here already have Christmas stuff for sale as well as Halloween stuff. I am so not ready for Christmas yet.

A bit too early for decorating for Halloween for me but my one neighbor is. Lights, sound effects, the whole nine yards. I hope they remember to turn off the sound effects before bed. It is a bit errie when you wake up in the middle of the night, when nature calls, and hear a witch laughing outside.:-3:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotflI love halloween...going with Quin, Faith & Joey this year...should be interesting...wouldn't mind a witch laughing outside...I only decorate the front & with the decorations I use it goes right into Thanksgiving...
Kathy Ellen

Halloween 2009

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Have fun Ducky......Have a spooky time decorating. :yh_ghost
Odie

Halloween 2009

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1247261 wrote: Crikey ! Mind you over here, Christmas decs start going up soon, in the shops and on some folks' houses :eek: :rolleyes: They start well before we've even got through 5th November Guy Fawkes night ffs !!!! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

wow...that's just to soon!

we're only just now put fall decorations up.
Life is just to short for drama.
Sunshine

Halloween 2009

Post by Sunshine »

qsducks;1247272 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotflI love halloween...going with Quin, Faith & Joey this year...should be interesting...wouldn't mind a witch laughing outside...I only decorate the front & with the decorations I use it goes right into Thanksgiving...

I was into it big time when my boy was younger too. It is a lot of fun to decorate and see the faces of the kids that come to the door.

No young kids now so I don't do much. I carve a pumpkin,that is about it.
Odie

Halloween 2009

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1247255 wrote: Although its a bit windy today...I've taken out the halloween decorations to put up tomorrow...lighted pumpkins, signs, fake fall leaves to put on the iron columns out front...time for it...all my tomatoes are dying off, must harvest my basil, sage, oregano, parsley, etc., take down the my summer flag & put up my halloween flags...

Halloween decorations tomorrow?

its not until Oct. 31st.

wow, no one here has ever done them that early.

maybe 3 weeks from now.

we put up fall decorations anytime now, but never halloween.

good thing your not putting out real pumpkins!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Halloween 2009

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1247276 wrote: Have fun Ducky......Have a spooky time decorating. :yh_ghost

There are peeps already decorating in my neighborhood...get a jump on things myself...jsut need the ties for the leaves
Betty Boop

Halloween 2009

Post by Betty Boop »

So you guys decorate your homes year round then?

Halloween is so much bigger for you guys over there, if people decide to decorate their house it will only be for the night whilst the children are trick or treating.

Should be fun this year, we've always avoided it as my son is petrified but now I have an up and coming seven year old with friends on the street that are talking about going tricking or treating. I can't deny my daughter the fun of it so better get my thinking cap on to make sure both are happy. :-3
qsducks

Halloween 2009

Post by qsducks »

Betty Boop;1247306 wrote: So you guys decorate your homes year round then?

Halloween is so much bigger for you guys over there, if people decide to decorate their house it will only be for the night whilst the children are trick or treating.

Should be fun this year, we've always avoided it as my son is petrified but now I have an up and coming seven year old with friends on the street that are talking about going tricking or treating. I can't deny my daughter the fun of it so better get my thinking cap on to make sure both are happy. :-3

Just think BB...while they are at school you can help yourself to their candy...I do.
Odie

Halloween 2009

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1247306 wrote: So you guys decorate your homes year round then?

never in Canada, 5 or 6 weeks before. -usually 2 weeks.

but also never just for one night.....as people love to see and drive by everything and especially at Christmas with all the lights at night.

awwwwww hope he isn't afraid this year as it can be very frightening....some of those masks.....ewwkkkkk!
Betty Boop

Halloween 2009

Post by Betty Boop »

qsducks;1247309 wrote: Just think BB...while they are at school you can help yourself to their candy...I do.

:eek: I couldn't do such a thing! :lips::thinking::o:D
qsducks

Halloween 2009

Post by qsducks »

Sunshine;1247281 wrote: I was into it big time when my boy was younger too. It is a lot of fun to decorate and see the faces of the kids that come to the door.

No young kids now so I don't do much. I carve a pumpkin,that is about it.

I bought some decorations at a yard sale the other day & also bought some chinese halloween lanterns for me & Quin to decorate & hang
Odie

Halloween 2009

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1247313 wrote: :eek: I couldn't do such a thing! :lips::thinking::o:D

nah, I never did that either!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Halloween 2009

Post by qsducks »

Betty Boop;1247313 wrote: :eek: I couldn't do such a thing! :lips::thinking::o:D

Yummy I do...my daughter gives me all her Reese's peanut butter cups:-4
along-for-the-ride

Halloween 2009

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I enjoy Halloween. And although it is autumn, it does not feel like it down here yet. It's windy, but too warm. That's why Hubby and I will go up to the Smokey Mountains the last week of October this year. We go up there to "find autumn". :wah:

Halloween will find us back at home and it will be on a Saturday this year. :) I plan to put out some little Halloween decorations in the front yard of that dollhouse Hubby made for me. I'll take some photos when I do. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Productiontrax

Halloween 2009

Post by Productiontrax »

Ha ha, Don't give ducky a hard time about Halloween. Walgreens had Halloween candy and decorations out in August! And as Walgreens goes, so doe the nation. I'm pretty sure I saw the Christmas stuff out too.

Here are some fun resources to help get you in the right frame of mind!

-- Halloween Sound Effects and Music (royalty free)

.com -- Christmas Music and Sing Along Tracks
qsducks

Halloween 2009

Post by qsducks »

Productiontrax;1248408 wrote: Ha ha, Don't give ducky a hard time about Halloween. Walgreens had Halloween candy and decorations out in August! And as Walgreens goes, so doe the nation. I'm pretty sure I saw the Christmas stuff out too.

-- Christmas Music and Sing Along Tracks

thank you Pro...I'm so in the mood for Halloween, decorations are out...I bought a string of pumpkin lights and put them around a tall plant on the porch & also put out my two big & small pumpkin & on the steps we have real pumpkins, plus we still have our morning glories going up the 2 trellises & some tomato plants outside...and loads of herbs that I'm not harvesting yet.
Odie

Halloween 2009

Post by Odie »

Productiontrax;1248408 wrote: Ha ha, Don't give ducky a hard time about Halloween. Walgreens had Halloween candy and decorations out in August! And as Walgreens goes, so doe the nation. I'm pretty sure I saw the Christmas stuff out too.

Here are some fun resources to help get you in the right frame of mind!

-- Christmas Music and Sing Along Tracks

decorations & candy are always put out early in stores, everyone knows that.:rolleyes:

`so doe the nation`:wah::wah:

and who might you be.:sneaky::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Peg

Halloween 2009

Post by Peg »

Odie;1247292 wrote: Halloween decorations tomorrow?

its not until Oct. 31st.

wow, no one here has ever done them that early.

maybe 3 weeks from now.

we put up fall decorations anytime now, but never halloween.

good thing your not putting out real pumpkins!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Two of my nieces have been decorated for a couple of weeks. One has no kids, just loves Halloween. The other has already had her son's costume made. Myself, I'll probably decorate next week IF I don't procrastinate.
Odie

Halloween 2009

Post by Odie »

Peg;1248450 wrote: Two of my nieces have been decorated for a couple of weeks. One has no kids, just loves Halloween. The other has already had her son's costume made. Myself, I'll probably decorate next week IF I don't procrastinate.

oh indeed some do just love it, some homes do spectacular displays here just like Christmas displays.....you have to see their homes just how beautifully done-up they are.

There are roughly 5 that no one misses each year and they ask for donations for whichever foundation they want to support.....they`re broadcasted on the radio to come and see them.

oh go on.......decorate next week if you want....once its over...its over.
qsducks

Halloween 2009

Post by qsducks »

Peg;1248450 wrote: Two of my nieces have been decorated for a couple of weeks. One has no kids, just loves Halloween. The other has already had her son's costume made. Myself, I'll probably decorate next week IF I don't procrastinate.

I decided to decorate the deck with the rest of the fake leaves & bought the clips yesterday...give it that nice fall affect. But can't do that till Sunday, its gonna rain tomorrow...thought it would look cool through the lattice.:)
CybersurfingJunkie

Halloween 2009

Post by CybersurfingJunkie »

Loved Halloween! My husband and I dressed up as Yin and Yang!
b0z0

Halloween 2009

Post by b0z0 »

My in-laws had a great party..but we ran out of candies!
Tan

Halloween 2009

Post by Tan »

Here's my Halloween mask I made out of paper mache...

Yeah I know, Im getting too old for this...

:yh_rotfl

Attached files
Tan
madelinebennet

Halloween 2009

Post by madelinebennet »

Halloween started off pagan then the Christians pinched it. I suppose it really is a mixture of the two like most festivals. It began with the druids if that helps.
[

Return to “Holidays”