I Am Getting Closer And Closer Everyday

TruthBringer

Post by TruthBringer »

I am literally getting closer and closer every single day, to giving up the material World in favor of receiving ALL of my sustenance from the Creator/God.

If you would have told me 10 years ago that I would one day be following in the footsteps of all of the great Masters of the World such as Jesus/Buda/Gandhi/etc., I would have told you that you were crazy.

But what I have come to realize, is that through my faith, just as they did, this is exactly what is happening in my Life as we speak. And the more I surrender completely to it, the more I am beginning to enjoy it. I have seen enough of all sides of my Life's existence up until this point, to realize that there is no other way to my own happiness. And that this must have been how each of them felt when they reached that decision in their own Lives as well.
Link removed by moderator
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello TruthBringer,

Could you explain what you mean by 'giving up the material world...'
theia

Post by theia »

TruthBringer;1317998 wrote: I am literally getting closer and closer every single day, to giving up the material World in favor of receiving ALL of my sustenance from the Creator/God.

If you would have told me 10 years ago that I would one day be following in the footsteps of all of the great Masters of the World such as Jesus/Buda/Gandhi/etc., I would have told you that you were crazy.

But what I have come to realize, is that through my faith, just as they did, this is exactly what is happening in my Life as we speak. And the more I surrender completely to it, the more I am beginning to enjoy it. I have seen enough of all sides of my Life's existence up until this point, to realize that there is no other way to my own happiness. And that this must have been how each of them felt when they reached that decision in their own Lives as well.

Wow, that sounds so beautiful and so fulfilling, TruthBringer :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
TruthBringer

Post by TruthBringer »

Kathy Ellen;1318000 wrote: Hello TruthBringer,

Could you explain what you mean by 'giving up the material world...'

Thanks guys, it's so strange it's just that.....everything is pointing me in that direction. Almost like....I can see the signs and symbols even in the most mynute things like arguments with my Wife, etc. I can't explain it other than this Kathy so I will do my best to sum it up in the best sentence I can think of....

What I mean by "giving up the material World in favor of all my sustenance from God" is that I am inching my way closer to giving up all my fears of "Not having" in favor of having only 1 thing.

lol. I hope that helped. I guess it's kind of like that movie City Slickers in an ironic way. Where the cowboy tells Billy Crystal that we are all searching for one thing and that we won't be happy until we find it. And Billy says, "What's that?" And the cowboy holds up the symbol for the number one. And then he says, "When you find it you'll understand."
Link removed by moderator
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

TruthBringer;1318005 wrote: Thanks guys, it's so strange it's just that.....everything is pointing me in that direction. Almost like....I can see the signs and symbols even in the most mynute things like arguments with my Wife, etc. I can't explain it other than this Kathy so I will do my best to sum it up in the best sentence I can think of....

What I mean by "giving up the material World in favor of all my sustenance from God" is that I am inching my way closer to giving up all my fears of "Not having" in favor of having only 1 thing.

lol. I hope that helped. I guess it's kind of like that movie City Slickers in an ironic way. Where the cowboy tells Billy Crystal that we are all searching for one thing and that we won't be happy until we find it. And Billy says, "What's that?" And the cowboy holds up the symbol for the number one. And then he says, "When you find it you'll understand."

Oh, I'm glad that you're trying to 'give up your fears' TruthbBringer. I wasn't sure if you were giving up worldy goods and becoming a monk:-3:wah:

Wow, and you've gotten married...Congratulations to you and the Mrs. TruthBringer.

I'm happy that you're finding peace within yourself....good for you;)
Royd Fissure

Post by Royd Fissure »

For a minute there I thought you were giving up eating....I'm still a bit sus about that bloke in India who claims to live off sunlight.

Anyway, material things give temporary happiness to humans. True happiness - or should I say "contentment" isn't achieved by material possessions, I realise that's a truism but judging by what is happening in the West one would think that materialist possessions are what humans are all about. I don't think we are and I think you are coming to that conclusion, but that's presumptuous of me so forgive me if it seems I'm a bit smug or patronising (my wife tells me I can be insufferably patronising, I don't think I am but then she sees me differently from how I perceive myself).
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

TruthBringer;1317998 wrote: I am literally getting closer and closer every single day, to giving up the material World in favor of receiving ALL of my sustenance from the Creator/God.

I honor your journey and hope that you find what you're searching for. :-6
theia

Post by theia »

Royd Fissure;1318031 wrote: For a minute there I thought you were giving up eating....I'm still a bit sus about that bloke in India who claims to live off sunlight.

Anyway, material things give temporary happiness to humans. True happiness - or should I say "contentment" isn't achieved by material possessions, I realise that's a truism but judging by what is happening in the West one would think that materialist possessions are what humans are all about. I don't think we are and I think you are coming to that conclusion, but that's presumptuous of me so forgive me if it seems I'm a bit smug or patronising (my wife tells me I can be insufferably patronising, I don't think I am but then she sees me differently from how I perceive myself).

I'm sure it was in Autobiography of a Yogi that the author mentioned a woman who did that too
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Royd Fissure

Post by Royd Fissure »

theia;1318048 wrote: I'm sure it was in Autobiography of a Yogi that the author mentioned a woman who did that too

If it catches on I'm divesting all my Goodman Fielder shares ;)
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Kin I have your car?:)
Shimon

Post by Shimon »

In the beginning of one’s spiritual journey in this world, there is a change in a person’s desires, the desire to delight in pleasures of this world turns into a desire to delight in the Creator. This is the greatest egoistic desire of all.

The pleasure that we get from feeling the One who gives is infinitely greater than the pleasure we receive when we are just taking for ourselves. This is because the first kind of taking ties us with the Complete Giver, the Eternal One, the Creator.

this discovery is actually a change in the soul’s intent, from wanting to receive for itself to wanting to receive in order to bring pleasure to the Creator. In Kabbalah, this new and revolutionary intent is called a screen. Assiya is the closest spiritual world to our own and the starting point of spiritual attainment. Upper Worlds and lower worlds do not relate to positions or places but to the value of desires. Higher desires are simply more altruistic than lower desires, which are more egoistic.

In Kabbalah, a gentile who progresses toward the Creator is called Jewish,and a Jew who doesn’t is called a gentile.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”