Kaylene, Pammy, Mrs K, first female PM?!!!!!!

Discuss the latest political news.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

could it be??????? . Keep seeing news flashes and apparently Gillard is in crisis talks with Rudd? what the hell? what happened?

Surely right wing labour party members don't pull the strings of the country?

what is happening?
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Ummmm

Deputy Prime Minister Julia Gillard is meeting with Kevin Rudd and senior Labor ministers as speculation of a leadership spill mounts. The Australian Workers Union is backing Julia Gillard to .... Wed Jun 2010 09:06 (41 minutes ago)

she used to be a union lawyer of course they back her, but why?
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I'd love to see a female PM of Australia, Fuzzy, but not this one!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I'm not too fussed I just want to know why now? elections this year and very unpopular stuff going on ....I'm hoping they are not setting her up for a fall ....I'd be very very angry about that .

To be honest she craps all over any political leader she is up against, sh'es well trained politically............. but why now ?

Is it something to do with this mining tax?
Royd Fissure

Post by Royd Fissure »

Looks like panic has set in from the online news reports I'm reading.
Royd Fissure

Post by Royd Fissure »

9 am meeting?

Interesting that the right wingers were all over this.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Won't be ruled by right wing factions over immigration ..........that was interesting. Only from VIC and NSW though

A few people won't be getting any sleep tonight
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

to be honest I don't think Julia is any trouble but the right wingers have put her in a situation . Flash in a pan me thinks.

I'm off to bed ..............I actually need sleep.
Royd Fissure

Post by Royd Fissure »

From ABC website:

This evening the Prime Minister told the media he had lost the support of factional leaders in the party. But he defended his Government's record, and said he was elected by the people of Australia, not the ALP's factions.

If that report is accurate then Rudd just made a terrible blue, he wasn't elected by the people of Australia, he was elected by the folks in his electorate. The party made him PM because they made him the leader.

I think he's a goner.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

does she look like she wants to be PM? this is not a good way to become PM for anyone let alone a woman.

http://player.video.news.com.au/heralds ... _wrt3NckUq
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Hell hath no fury like a deputy scorned

June 24, 2010

BIT by bit during the past two months, Kevin Rudd squandered his authority as Prime Minister. But he could always rely on his deputy, Julia Gillard, to back him — until yesterday, when a newspaper report ripped their relationship apart.

Ms Gillard awoke to the news that Mr Rudd's most senior adviser Alister Jordan had during the past month sounded out half the Labor caucus, checking if they were considering shifting their support away from the Prime Minister.

To Ms Gillard, who had insisted all through this time that she had no interest in replacing Mr Rudd, this was an act of spectacular disloyalty. While she was pledging fidelity to Mr Rudd publicly and privately, and defending him in the face of a phenomenal collapse in the polls, the Prime Minister was sending out his most senior emissary to check if she was fair dinkum.

Mr Rudd's response to questions about the news report yesterday, in which he described Mr Jordan's manoeuvrings as part of normal operations, sent Ms Gillard into the stratosphere. Just as importantly, it shattered the confidence of many ministers and backbenchers in Mr Rudd and his office.

This was not, in their view, the way a serious political operation should be run, certainly not in the nation's highest office. What, they started asking each other yesterday, did their leader think he was doing?

Two months after Mr Rudd's dive in the polls, dragging Labor's support down with him, his supporters have waited, week after week, to see the Prime Minister change gear, to come up with new ideas and a new political strategy.

All they have got is more of the same — the same self-satisfied verbosity, the same condescending private responses even to his ministers, the same plodding media strategy that all too often reduced him to little more than a run-of-the-mill baby-cuddling backyard pollie.

And while his most talented and politically effective minister in Ms Gillard was defending him, he was getting an assistant to white-ant her among MPs, just as an insurance policy to shore up his own standing.

Instead of resolving his, and the government's, most profound political and policy weakness — the lack of an all-embracing approach on carbon emissions — Mr Rudd was sitting pat, waiting for something to turn up, ignoring the urgings of colleagues to fashion a new stance, and playing silly games instead. This was how many influential Labor MPs were viewing Mr Rudd’s behaviour last night.

It is, potentially, more than enough to finish Mr Rudd off as Labor leader. The published opinion polls show Labor’s primary vote in the low-to-mid 30s. Although many of those same polls show Labor with a majority of the vote after preferences, these numbers are way too low for the comfort of most marginal-seat holders. And too low also for Mr Rudd’s front bench, most of whose members know this is their one shot at being a minister.

While the breach with Ms Gillard was what sparked last night’s round of meetings in Parliament House, it was by no means the only grievance ministers and backbenchers had.

Many have become convinced that he is too unimaginative and slow-footed to continue in the job, that he has misunderstood how to assume the authority of the prime ministerial office, and that he is simply incapable of taking and absorbing personally challenging advice from senior colleagues.

Hmmmm maybe that's why . Okay you're a naughty boy Rudd.

Hell hath no fury like a deputy scorned

so just in little under 4 hours you Welshman on the board just may have, one of your own daughters all grown up, and Prime Minister of Australia
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Like Pam I would love to see a woman as PM.

This one I am not so sure.:-3

Soon see in an hours time;)
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Interesting times.

this is all new to us .....what do we call a woman PM? Is it Madam Prime minister?

looks like she has over 75% of the vote .

Her parents arent too happy, they are humble and proud but not happy how this is gone . Julia herself was livid yesterday .

I new the Unions would be back I told everyone they would rise again and nobody listened.

Why not this one BTW?
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

"Gillard no ballot"

In a few minutes we will have the first female PM of Australia who will eventually be sworn in by our first female governor General.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I do however like Helena Bonham Carter.

Attached files
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

AussiePam;1318419 wrote: I do however like Helena Bonham Carter.

She looks a bit Thatcher-ish lol lol

Is it just me or is this the most boring election in decades.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well this election is a bit of a shambles isn't it.

Return to “Current Political Events”