Are you Lucky???

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Are you Lucky???

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I ask this because for the 5th week running I have won some-thing on the lottery.

Most weeks, I will have 3 some-times 4 numbers on the National Lottery and 2 even 3 numbers on the Euro Millions. One In 3 scratch cards I will win on..

The only time I ever did a lottery ticket on the Littlewoods Pools, I won the Jackpot. I had never done It In my life before and never done It since. I had to put down four numbers, I was In a hurry and 3 being my lucky number just put down 3,6,9,12.... I got a phone call to say I had all four numbers. That week was In fact the lowest pay out Littlewoods had ever had for 4 numbers but It was still a sizable.

I rarely lose on the horses but naturally that Is skill and Inside knowledge :wah:

Yet my friend who buys the same amount of Lottery tickets as me and scratch cards never ever wins a thing.

Are some folk born lucky or what is It?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
chonsigirl

Are you Lucky???

Post by chonsigirl »

Lucky in love.............. :)
Rapunzel

Are you Lucky???

Post by Rapunzel »

I'm like your friend - I never win. :-5

So please can you pick me 6 WINNING numbers for this Fridays Euromillions lottery (10th Sept.) :yh_pray:yh_pray:yh_worshp:sneaky:
Oscar Namechange

Are you Lucky???

Rapunzel;1331678 wrote: I'm like your friend - I never win. :-5

So please can you pick me 6 WINNING numbers for this Fridays Euromillions lottery (10th Sept.) :yh_pray:yh_pray:yh_worshp:sneaky:
Studies Into Lottery results around the world show that numbers are more likely to appear In clusters.

This Is what I will predict for the Euro Millions...... 15,17,19,28,30,33......... Let' see what happens.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

Are you Lucky???

Post by G#Gill »

I'm not very lucky, well not when it comes to winning stuff anyway!

Years ago, my mum's 'daily help' (twice a week actually LOL), always checked what the prizes were at any garden fete, or local 'do', before she invested in any raffle tickets etc., because she always one something. If she didn't like the selection of prizes then she would not buy a ticket! :yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

Are you Lucky???

G#Gill;1331682 wrote: I'm not very lucky, well not when it comes to winning stuff anyway!

Years ago, my mum's 'daily help' (twice a week actually LOL), always checked what the prizes were at any garden fete, or local 'do', before she invested in any raffle tickets etc., because she always one something. If she didn't like the selection of prizes then she would not buy a ticket! :yh_rotfl
Oh and Raffles !!!!

This got REALLY embaressing.

For 4 times In a row... I won the BNP raffle.

The first week, I won 1st prize, then the 2nd and then the 3rd.... When my ticket came out for a 4th time, I put It back for some-one else.

Next meeting... I win 1st prize , then 2nd.

Next meeting, 1st prize and 2 other prizes.

Last one I was at. 1st prize.

You would think I was making It up but I am not.... It has been darn spooky.
beowulf

Are you Lucky???

Post by beowulf »

if it wasnt for bad luck, id have no luck at all :-1
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

G#Gill

Are you Lucky???

Post by G#Gill »

beowulf;1331719 wrote: if it wasnt for bad luck, id have no luck at all :-1

:wah: :lips:
Snowfire

Are you Lucky???

Post by Snowfire »

Nio luck here either. If I fell into a bucket of nipples, I'd come up sucking my thumb
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Are you Lucky???

I think the saying 'If you're not In It you can't win It'... Is very true.

Alright I only win £10 each week or £65 average for 4 numbers but I always do my numbers In clusters If that Is any help to any-one.

When ever I get raffle tickets, I make sure I get the one's with 3 In the numbers.
beowulf

Are you Lucky???

Post by beowulf »

G#Gill;1331730 wrote:

:wah: :lips:

thing is, Gill, its true.....last couple of years have been so **** for me for a whole lot of reasons......honestly cant remember when i had something good happen which i can attribute to 'luck'
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

binbag

Are you Lucky???

Post by binbag »

The lottery!!!!

My wife used to share one lottery ticket a week with her old mum. Same number each week. Any winnings to be shared equally.

After a few months their numbers appeared in the news paper. It was a BIG win.

Wife forgot to buy the ticket that week.

She daren't tell her 85 year old mum until a year or so later (when an opportunity arose) for fear of her popping her clogs. She took the news very calmly.

The only way we could handle it at the time was to accept that, for some reason or other, we were not meant to win a huge amount of money.

Forgetting was meant to happen. It was not meant to be.

That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

The three of us are still happy, the two of us are still married :)
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
G#Gill

Are you Lucky???

Post by G#Gill »

beowulf;1331845 wrote: thing is, Gill, its true.....last couple of years have been so **** for me for a whole lot of reasons......honestly cant remember when i had something good happen which i can attribute to 'luck'

Sorry BW, I didn't mean to be so facetious. I know what you mean though, I suppose it's a case of some of us have to make our own luck if we can. Destined to have to work hard throughout our lives to get any where. I suppose the best bit of luck I have ever had was finding my gem of a hubby! :-6 :-4
M.A.S

Are you Lucky???

Post by M.A.S »

Are you Lucky???

sometimes :sneaky:
I miss you Odie

Return to “General Chit Chat”