Bomb scare triggers jet alert in USA...

A forum to discuss local issues in ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Obama: Yemen devices had explosive material

White House cites possible threat; Chicago synagogue, Jewish center were intended recipients

WASHINGTON — Calling it a "credible terrorist threat," President Barack Obama said two U.S.-bound packages from Yemen were discovered with explosive material, triggering searches of flights with other packages from Yemen and an investigation into whether al-Qaida was behind a new terror plot.

Sources told NBC News that both packages contained toner cartridges with wires and white powder. The devices were found in Britain and Dubai last night.

Obama: Yemen devices a 'credible terrorist threat' - U.S. news - Airliner security - msnbc.com
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Just had that on the news, I would hate to be having to travel this weekend with heightened security.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

So, do you suppose the timing is for election day?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

flopstock;1341678 wrote: So, do you suppose the timing is for election day?

Guess these assholes can chose any event, can't they?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

One of those devices was found in a UPS cargo bay at our local airport East Midlands Airport, ready for loading for America - that's one employee who's earned his money this week! It was not very big, but can you imagine it going off in mid-air !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Now I know why I wasn't allowed to check in for my flight tomorrow.

I talked to some other folks at the hotel. It seems that On-line check-in has been disabled. Everyone has to check-in at the ticket counter, in person.

There goes my Saturday morning.

I think I am getting tired of air travel.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “New England / Mid Atlantic”