What's your weather like today?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

30ºF (-1C) this morning with temperatures rising into the 70's by this afternoon.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Mustang;1337996 wrote: 30ºF (-1C) this morning with temperatures rising into the 70's by this afternoon.

Wow, that's cold Mustang. It's 50F here...going up to the 60s, but it's nice and sunny today.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Kathy Ellen;1338001 wrote: Wow, that's cold Mustang. It's 50F here...going up to the 60s, but it's nice and sunny today.

We've had colder temperatures than that already this month. Still have some windows open. Just not ready to close them and put the furnace on. It warms up during the day, so outside we go to get the odds and ends done before winter arrives.

I bet the crisp mornings by the ocean are fantastic! :-6
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Mustang;1338004 wrote: We've had colder temperatures than that already this month. Still have some windows open. Just not ready to close them and put the furnace on. It warms up during the day, so outside we go to get the odds and ends done before winter arrives.

I bet the crisp mornings by the ocean are fantastic! :-6

Yes, the salty, crispy air if lovely. I can smell the sea from my home. I'm going to the beach later and will take some pics. Hope all is great with you Mustang.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Kathy Ellen;1338007 wrote: Yes, the salty, crispy air if lovely. I can smell the sea from my home. I'm going to the beach later and will take some pics. Hope all is great with you Mustang.

Sounds like you have a nice day planned. :)

Everyday is great Kathy Ellen. I'm alive, well and breathing and always have something to do to keep busy. And if I don't, I count on my wife to find something for me to do. :wah: ;)

Have a great Sunday! :-6
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Mustang;1338010 wrote: Sounds like you have a nice day planned. :)

Everyday is great Kathy Ellen. I'm alive, well and breathing and always have something to do to keep busy. And if I don't, I count on my wife to find something for me to do. :wah: ;)

Have a great Sunday! :-6

That's wonderful Mustang. It's good to be happy and busy.:-6

I have to get back into walking along the beach again and plan to start today:yh_star

You have a great Sunday also !!
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Woke up to 22ºF (-5C) this morning. It may warm up to the high 50's today.

I see on the weather channel that the New England states may see a Nor'easter coming their way Thursday through Saturday.

Nor'easter a 2009 Deja Vu? - weather.com
Odie

Post by Odie »

raining, cool and damp....high 10C
Life is just to short for drama.
Odie

Post by Odie »

sunny..........12C
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

It was sunny all day and 42ºF (5C) until early afternoon, then the wind gusted to 40+ MPH shaking branches and leaves out of the trees like it was snowing. Now, it clouded over and the sky is dark like rain is on the way. Perfect Fall weather! :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1338930 wrote: It was sunny all day and 42ºF (5C) until early afternoon, then the wind gusted to 40+ MPH shaking branches and leaves out of the trees like it was snowing. Now, it clouded over and the sky is dark like rain is on the way. Perfect Fall weather! :-6

-I kept forgetting to tell you Mustang, I love your new avator!:guitarist

leaves? you mentioned leaves? O M G, you have no idea how many I have cleaned up and more are on the ground each day.:-5:yh_rotfl
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Odie;1338933 wrote: -I kept forgetting to tell you Mustang, I love your new avator!:guitarist

leaves? you mentioned leaves? O M G, you have no idea how many I have cleaned up and more are on the ground each day.:-5:yh_rotfl

Thanks! :)

Your AV is cool too! A face only a mamma could love, eh?! :p ;) :wah:

Yeah, tell us about them there leaves! Bet we have more trees on our property than you do! While I cut and split firewood, Babe spent 3 hours and got 10 blisters on her hands contending with blowing those suckers, only to put the blower away and watch it rain leaves again. We both looked and justed laughed! :wah: Like she says, there's always tomorrow to tackle them again. :p But, it's nice to get outdoors, enjoy the cooler temps and have a good time. :guitarist
Odie

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1338937 wrote: Thanks! :)

Your AV is cool too! A face only a mamma could love, eh?! :p ;) :wah:

Yeah, tell us about them there leaves! Bet we have more trees on our property than you do! While I cut and split firewood, Babe spent 3 hours and got 10 blisters on her hands contending with blowing those suckers, only to put the blower away and watch it rain leaves again. We both looked and justed laughed! :wah: Like she says, there's always tomorrow to tackle them again. :p But, it's nice to get outdoors, enjoy the cooler temps and have a good time. :guitarist

your welcome!

My mask is 'death'!:yh_rotfl

You do have a lot more trees than I do, I get 6, 2 from my own lot and others from the neighbours.:-5

hint to Babe: wear thin gardening gloves when using the leaf blower.

It is nice to get out again, but it kills my back all the bending over to place them in the garbage pails and leaf bags.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Odie;1338941 wrote: your welcome!

My mask is 'death'!:yh_rotfl

You do have a lot more trees than I do, I get 6, 2 from my own lot and others from the neighbours.:-5

hint to Babe: wear thin gardening gloves when using the leaf blower.

It is nice to get out again, but it kills my back all the bending over to place them in the garbage pails and leaf bags.

What the heck was the name of that movie your mask was wore in? :thinking:

6 trees? Just 6 trees you're fretting over cleaning up after? :yh_rotfl We live in the forest! Can't count the trees here, just deal with the clean up from them! :wah: Never have to go too far for firewood! :D

Babe tried gloves and still gets the blisters. I told her not to run it that long but she said when she gets on a roll she hates to stop.

Take care of that back, Odie. No fun being laid up with back pain.

Temps are dropping and now in the 30's. Wonder how the New England States are making out today with all the rain and wind. :thinking:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1338943 wrote: What the heck was the name of that movie your mask was wore in? :thinking:

6 trees? Just 6 trees you're fretting over cleaning up after? :yh_rotfl We live in the forest! Can't count the trees here, just deal with the clean up from them! :wah: Never have to go too far for firewood! :D

Babe tried gloves and still gets the blisters. I told her not to run it that long but she said when she gets on a roll she hates to stop.

Take care of that back, Odie. No fun being laid up with back pain.

Temps are dropping and now in the 30's. Wonder how the New England States are making out today with all the rain and wind. :thinking:

hmmmmmmm not sure which movie that was....

did you and Babe watch the 1998 movie, 'Meet Joe Black' with Anythony Hopkins and Brad Pitt?

Brad Pitt played 'Death'......you must see it.

6 trees that I clean up on my own.:sneaky::-5:yh_rotfl

Babe's like me with that blower...we just can't stop playing with it.:yh_rotfl

I hate the rain.....very depressing....

nice here again.....sunny and 12C!~
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

[QUOTE=Mustang;1338943]What the heck was the name of that movie your mask was wore in? :thinking:

The mask was from the movie 'Scream' Mustang.

The temp today is 54F with gusty winds of 40mph....yuk, I hate the wind at the beach. Throws all the garbage around, and the sand smacks you in the face:wah:
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Kathy Ellen;1338985 wrote: [QUOTE=Mustang;1338943]What the heck was the name of that movie your mask was wore in? :thinking:

The mask was from the movie 'Scream' Mustang.

The temp today is 54F with gusty winds of 40mph....yuk, I hate the wind at the beach. Throws all the garbage around, and the sand smacks you in the face:wah:

Yeah, that's it! Scream! Thanks Kathy Ellen. :)

Ouch, that's got to hurt getting smacked in the face with blowing sand. Bet it isn't too good with it sand blasting your car either.

Another windy, sunny day here today and on the cool side. Got a lot accomplished outdoors today! :guitarist
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Odie;1338984 wrote: hmmmmmmm not sure which movie that was....

did you and Babe watch the 1998 movie, 'Meet Joe Black' with Anythony Hopkins and Brad Pitt?

Brad Pitt played 'Death'......you must see it.

6 trees that I clean up on my own.:sneaky::-5:yh_rotfl

Babe's like me with that blower...we just can't stop playing with it.:yh_rotfl

I hate the rain.....very depressing....

nice here again.....sunny and 12C!~

Probably did see that movie Odie. But I don't remember that mask in it. :thinking:

Rain is a good thing, Odie. Without it, life would be depressing because nothing would grow and flourish. :) Got to get out in it and play, splash in the puddles like a kid! :D
Odie

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1339078 wrote: Probably did see that movie Odie. But I don't remember that mask in it. :thinking:

Rain is a good thing, Odie. Without it, life would be depressing because nothing would grow and flourish. :) Got to get out in it and play, splash in the puddles like a kid! :D

There was no mask in it.:-5

I mentioned that movie because we were talking about my avator which is Death.:yh_rotfl

yeah yeah yeah, rain rain, wanna come play it in with me?:sneaky::lips:
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Odie;1339094 wrote: There was no mask in it.:-5:yh_rotfl

yeah yeah yeah, rain rain, wanna come play it in with me?:sneaky::lips:

Then that's probably why I don't remember no mask in that movie! :wah: :p

Yeah sure, Odie would probably have a raincoat, umbrella and whatnot so her pretty hair didn't get wet. :wah: Got to be barefoot when splashing in puddles and feel the mud and maybe a few worms squoosh through your toes. :sneaky: :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1339098 wrote: Then that's probably why I don't remember no mask in that movie! :wah: :p

Yeah sure, Odie would probably have a raincoat, umbrella and whatnot so her pretty hair didn't get wet. :wah: Got to be barefoot when splashing in puddles and feel the mud and maybe a few worms squoosh through your toes. :sneaky: :wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

rent it, 'Meet Joe Black', Babe will like it although it is sad.....

but Brad Pitt plays the funniest Death!:yh_rotfl

I do have pretty soft hair:sneaky::lips:

barefoot in this weather, what are you nuts?:yh_rotfl

and feel worms inbetween my toes?:yh_sick:yh_rotflewwwwwwwwww!
M.A.S

Post by M.A.S »

It's October and the weather here is hot, maybe 38 C :-6
I miss you Odie
Odie

Post by Odie »

M.A.S;1339498 wrote: It's October and the weather here is hot, maybe 38 C :-6

wow so hard to imagine that.

the leaves have all changed colours and have fallen off most of the trees now.

cool temps at night.....around 4C.

sunny today and 10C
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Odie;1339113 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

rent it, 'Meet Joe Black', Babe will like it although it is sad.....

but Brad Pitt plays the funniest Death!:yh_rotfl

I do have pretty soft hair:sneaky::lips:

barefoot in this weather, what are you nuts?:yh_rotfl

and feel worms inbetween my toes?:yh_sick:yh_rotflewwwwwwwwww!

Yep and still wearing shorts outside too! :yh_rotfl

42ºF (5C) today with light drizzle and overcast skies.
Odie

Post by Odie »

balmy........17C & sunny:)
Bez

Post by Bez »

Not been too bad today....no wind...no rain...but it's starting to get dark so early now the clocks have gone back
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Peg

Post by Peg »

It was 29 degrees at 8 a.m. and is only going up to 48.
gmc

Post by gmc »

4.35 and already dark thanks to the clocks going back, freezing cold this morning now it's belting with rain and the bridges are closed to high sided vehicles and I have to take the dog out for a walk. At least there are no midges and I don't have to worry about sunstroke.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Peg;1342009 wrote: It was 29 degrees at 8 a.m. and is only going up to 48.

We woke up to 12º this morning and only reached 35º by the afternoon. I see on the weather channel, they are calling for snow by weeks end. :guitarist
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

*yikes*

It is cold here, almost 50, down to 33 tonight.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Mustang;1342118 wrote: We woke up to 12º this morning and only reached 35º by the afternoon. I see on the weather channel, they are calling for snow by weeks end. :guitarist

Oh, no Mustang...NO SNOW YET!!!!!!!

I am not looking forward to the upcoming winter....think we may have lots of snow and ice storms.....yukkkkk....
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Kathy Ellen;1342132 wrote: Oh, no Mustang...NO SNOW YET!!!!!!!

I am not looking forward to the upcoming winter....think we may have lots of snow and ice storms.....yukkkkk....

I don't mind the snow, it's the ice storms that I don't like. Yep, just watched the weather and they say Friday we should see some light snow, first for the season.

It's hard to believe we're in the 11th month of the year already and winter is almost upon us. Where did the year go?! :-3
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:-6:-6 Well the Summer we didn't have is here this week 85 today possible 100 degrees tomorrow. Dry Santa Ana Winds not good for fires. :-3
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Mustang;1342136 wrote: I don't mind the snow, it's the ice storms that I don't like. Yep, just watched the weather and they say Friday we should see some light snow, first for the season.

It's hard to believe we're in the 11th month of the year already and winter is almost upon us. Where did the year go?! :-3

Time is going by way too fast for all of us here....

I love to watch the snow and don't mind shovelling as long as it's not ice. We have a lot of people here also who will shovel for you for a small fee. That's good for me for sure.

I just hate having schools on these days and have to drive 10 miles slipping and sliding all over the roads with crazy drivers. On those days, I have to get up super early, shovel the car and driveway out and then make the trek to work.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

CARLA;1342140 wrote: :-6:-6 Well the Summer we didn't have is here this week 85 today possible 100 degrees tomorrow. Dry Santa Ana Winds not good for fires. :-3

Our summer was hot like what you're experiencing now but with high humidity. I welcome the cooler temperatures for a change. No, not good when those winds fan the fires.

Kathy Ellen;1342143 wrote: Time is going by way too fast for all of us here....

I love to watch the snow and don't mind shovelling as long as it's not ice. We have a lot of people here also who will shovel for you for a small fee. That's good for me for sure.

I just hate having schools on these days and have to drive 10 miles slipping and sliding all over the roads with crazy drivers. On those days, I have to get up super early, shovel the car and driveway out and then make the trek to work.

That's good to hear you can hire somebody to do some of the shoveling by you.

It seems like when the first snow hits the roads, some folks have to learn how to drive in it all over again. Yes, it's the other drivers you have to watch out for! Makes for a long day when you have to get up early to shovel before getting to where you have to go.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, Santa Ana winds are magical times, enjoying the lovely feeling of them, Carla.
Boogalette

Post by Boogalette »

it.is.freezing.

Well, it is 3C with a windchill of -5C to -7C.

Me no likey, mikey.
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.~ De Seuss
Bez

Post by Bez »

It's actually quite nice today. 80% sunny, mild and quite windy.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
tabby

Post by tabby »

The last few days have been typical gray November days with chilly rains and breezes that feel much colder than they should ... but tomorrow is promised to be sunny and close to 60F. Looking forward to it!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

1st day of white and its a doozy
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

high winds came in last night of 100km, broken trees fallen, wires down.

it was so nice this week, the winds brought in cold temps of -5C
Odie

Post by Odie »

quite cold and windy, sure wish spring would arrive
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

About 60, it was in the 70s yesterday. The daffodils are in bloom here.
Odie

Post by Odie »

15CM of snow for tomorrow!:lips::-5
M.A.S

Post by M.A.S »

It's hot today :-6 31 C
I miss you Odie
Odie

Post by Odie »

M.A.S;1356054 wrote: It's hot today :-6 31 C

hard to believe its that hot when its snowing here.:yh_rotfl
hydroponics.nutrients

Post by hydroponics.nutrients »

Awww whatever.. m feeling sleepy...
Odie

Post by Odie »

wintery cold and 15CM or 6 inches of snow:sneaky:
spot

Post by spot »

hydroponics.nutrients;1356142 wrote: Awww whatever.. m feeling sleepy...

Welcome to the site, Maria. I just browsed your blog, it's well worth visiting, congratulations. It's interesting information. We've had several posters with hydroponics experience, it seems to be an expanding area of expertise.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
M.A.S

Post by M.A.S »

Odie;1356064 wrote: hard to believe its that hot when its snowing here.:yh_rotfl

that's cool, I wish i can see some snow :guitarist

today's temperature's good, it's 29 C :D
I miss you Odie

Return to “General Chit Chat”