I have gone a whole day without a Cigarette...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

YZGI;1344104 wrote: I think its day 29 for me. I'm with you OM on thinking of wanting one more when alone.

G#Gill;1344152 wrote: Day 16 smoke-free, woooooohoooooooooo, and so it progresses. I admit I've had one or two temptations, but all I have to do is remember how I wheezed at night sometimes and how, on those occasions, I wished I did not smoke !!! :thinking: :yh_wink

well done!!!!:guitarist:-6;)

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Today is my 30th day without a cigarette.:guitarist

Generally, it's only when I'm at home relaxing that I yearn for one. Otherwise, it hasn't been a problem. I'm pleased with this but it will be another 12 days before I pass my previous record.

At the moment, I've got a cold and a sore throat. But this is passing. It has left me feeling low and close to giving in over the last couple of days.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

OpenMind;1344806 wrote: Today is my 30th day without a cigarette.:guitarist

Generally, it's only when I'm at home relaxing that I yearn for one. Otherwise, it hasn't been a problem. I'm pleased with this but it will be another 12 days before I pass my previous record.

At the moment, I've got a cold and a sore throat. But this is passing. It has left me feeling low and close to giving in over the last couple of days.

Day 35 here. Been sick with congestion and head cold for 2 frigging weeks.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Day 22 smoke-free ! I was really chuffed with myself last Thursday when my hubby and I went to a friend's for a lovely meal and a good long chin wag. My friend's hubby does not smoke, neither does mine, but she must have smoked more than 10 cigarettes during the evening, and I wasn't a bit bothered by it. I had got my cig makings with me, had I weakened, but I was nowhere near being tempted. :guitarist :guitarist :guitarist

Well done you others, we've all got to conquer this filthy habit. We mustn't let the others beat us and succeed and we can't manage it, I've saved over £30 so far - all going towards Christmas jollifications ! My cough has eased quite a lot, and I'm fighting those dratted mouth ulcers, but managing so far. :-6:-6
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
johnsonrik

Post by johnsonrik »

Congrats Way too GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Good Job! More than what I can do right now I wish you the best of luck and I will be praying for you! :yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap
Helen

Post by Helen »

hi gill, have had a hell of a job getting on here, so far this is the only thread thats not come up " cannot display this web page " cant even send you a PM !!!!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Helen;1344903 wrote: hi gill, have had a hell of a job getting on here, so far this is the only thread thats not come up " cannot display this web page " cant even send you a PM !!!!

Sorry you are having trouble Helen. Time for a landline, methinks LOL. Could be a very useful Christmas pressy, if not a wedding pressy, from a certain somebody LOL. I'll try to send a text to explain stuff, with regard to my situation. TC XXX
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Great going guys. We can be proud!:guitarist

I'm wondering if the cold is a reaction. I rarely suffer from colds like this. Occasional sniffles when the cold is sharp, but not like this. I've had mild headaches this last couple of days too. So, I think it's a reaction to giving up.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

This is an update of my non-smoking attempt. I stopped smoking on 2 November 2010.

I am still smoke-free and the date is 14th February 2011 - Valentine's day. That is nearly 3 1/2 months or 14 weeks, or 1/4 of a year ! :guitarist :-6 How have all you others managed ?

I do know that Oscar has started smoking again, which is a shame, but quite understandable knowing her circumstances at the moment. But how many of you are still pressing on ?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Blooming amateur......I have given up several times over that period.

Keep it up we ALL know it makes sense, some are stronger than others though.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

October 10 thru February 14th. Four months smoke free.
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

some days i wish i did smoke and drink ..lol
Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance.

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I can never understand people who wished they smoked, or wished they drank alcohol to excess. Anyone who wishes for those things should visit a cancer ward in a hospital (for the cigarette smoking), or take a trip to any British city centre on a Friday or Saturday night around midnight, and watch the pathetic drunks stumble out of the pubs, puke up all over the pavements and down their own clothes, get into fights, get arrested by police, etc etc. I think you would refrain from wishing you did these things in a very short space of time. Unless of course one was a real prat ! :yh_eyerol:yh_sick

I was encouraged to smoke when I was in my teens, by my friends, and that was before there was all the knowledge of cancer causes. The alcohol was easier to resist, after I got drunk twice in my life - I loathed not being in control of my limbs or my mouth (LOL), and I did not appreciate the going deaf after drinking to excess !

Well you do go deaf after you've had quite a lot of alcoholic drinks - you can hear that from groups of people shouting conversations to each other as they stagger home ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
M.A.S

Post by M.A.S »

well, I tried to smoke a cigarette but I didn't like how it tastes :thinking:
I miss you Odie
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

My father died of lung cancer when I was two, and I've never been tempted to even try a cigarette.

Return to “General Chit Chat”