That Cylon chick from Battlestar Galactica

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

While I can see she's very attractive, I don't understand why she was cast in the part as a femme fatale. She's very thin, a bit masculine and her "erotic" scenes come across more like a cannibal attack.

Tell me what I'm missing, gentlemen.

Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

You're looking far too high. Lower you're gaze, to her fine breasts. THAT'S the attraction. Like Seven of Nine in Star Trek

Having said that, I can't ever remember seeing women in American films/television that were'nt anything but attractive. We don't mind a bit of ugly over here, if the script calls for it. There's not many round my neck of the woods like that cylon chick.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

Post by spot »

Snowfire;1354682 wrote: There's not many round my neck of the woods like that cylon chick.And if there were, I'd hope they'd at least wear a pullover. Preferably with a hood.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

spot;1354683 wrote: And if there were, I'd hope they'd at least wear a pullover. Preferably with a hood.

She'd catch her death in this weather

Winston Churchill
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

She's Canadian, she'd laugh at your puny English weather.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I'd happily keep her warm or at least rub Vick on her chest should she get a tickly cough

Winston Churchill
spot

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1354687 wrote: She's Canadian, she'd laugh at your puny English weather.

You've no idea how the wind gets round my back passage when it's set in from the East, there ought to be a law against it.

(Probably copyright Donald McGill, one of England's benefactors)
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

You meant that to sound homoerotic, right?
spot

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1354695 wrote: You meant that to sound homoerotic, right?

Actually, and more distressingly, it was spoken from a woman's perspective. British humour relies to a large extent on the put-upon working class Nora Batty figure, about whom there was nothing erotic whatsoever.
Odie

Post by Odie »

SnoozeAgain;1354687 wrote: She's Canadian, she'd laugh at your puny English weather.

she would indeed!
Life is just to short for drama.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

She needs to eat a few steaks. I think that she plays the pole of a creepy Cylon really well.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

It would have to be her hands, have you noticed how big they are? You know what they say.

Honestly though, I think men are unconsciously attracted to women who: 1)appear to be healthy baby-carriers; 2) possess long lasting survival traits and 3) are physically attractive for reproductive advantage.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Post by spot »

I have, staying vaguely on topic, just rediscovered the greatest suggestive line in the history of film. From Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which goes without saying.ZOOT: What is your name, handsome knight?

GALAHAD: Sir Galahad the Chaste!

ZOOT: Mine is Zoot... just Zoot.
gmc

Post by gmc »

If we all liked the same types life would be a bit boring. Some women prefer a beer barrel to a six pack, you have more fun with a beer barrel but that view may be influenced by my general build.:-3 Men have always been fascinated by amazonian type women and both attracted and repelled by self confident women, either oh yeah you're a bit of all right or thoroughly intimidated by them. The first bossy woman they meet is their mother and there is a deep seated instinct to do what you are told by a bossy woman that is resented and results in a Kind of love hate attitude to women. So the ones that ctiticise well built muscular women are perhaps just rationalising the fact they would have no chance in the mating game because they are fat bastards with BO and receding hailrlines. She's all right but I prefer curvier myself.

Which did you prefrer Xena or gabrielle?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1354696 wrote:

British humour relies to a large extent on the put-upon working class Nora Batty figure, about whom there was nothing erotic whatsoever.

What about the wrinkled hose ?.....cor!!!
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

spot;1354729 wrote: I have, staying vaguely on topic, just rediscovered the greatest suggestive line in the history of film. From Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which goes without saying.ZOOT: What is your name, handsome knight?

GALAHAD: Sir Galahad the Chaste!

ZOOT: Mine is Zoot... just Zoot.

I'm able to corrupt even the most innocent of statements, but that one escapes me.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

The first bossy woman they meet is their mother and there is a deep seated instinct to do what you are told by a bossy woman that is resented and results in a Kind of love hate attitude to women.

Ah yes, the secret of the good old female Jedi Mind trick.

She's all right but I prefer curvier myself.

It's the boney look for me too. I can't see how women think that's attractive. I think it's attractive to some men because they look weak and nonthreatening. To me it screams ill health.
spot

Post by spot »

Bruv;1354741 wrote: What about the wrinkled hose ?.....cor!!!
My word you have problems.

Return to “General TV Shows”