Just me again

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Delorean

Just me again

Post by Delorean »

Hi there all!

Haven't been in here for quite a while, I think the topics of conversation got a little too based around religion and politics for me to have any kind of input into, being that they are two subjects of which I have little interest or knowledge of. There seems to be a few new members now, and more posters, I thought I'd come in for a bit, see if I can fit in somewhere :p

I am also a member of another forum where I became friends with the lady you all knew as Odie. I wish to offer my belated condolences for the loss of your friend too, I miss her a lot and I'm sure you do also.

Anyway, I hope I can contribute a little more this time. I know I used to have a lot of fun here, gee, it's almost like returning to your home town after a spell away :wah:
Betty Boop

Just me again

Post by Betty Boop »

Welcome back Delorean. :-6

It's funny how FG manages to feel homely for so many people, wonder what it is about the place :thinking:
theia

Just me again

Post by theia »

Hello and welcome, Delorean :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

Just me again

Post by spot »

Blimey, it's our Devil.

Odie does seem to have had an effect on a lot of people over the years which shows the power of the Internet and the nature of Odie.

Chat as and when the fit takes you, politics and religion are... there's an image in my head and the words didn't appear too. Hobby-horses that eventually consume their riders. Both are tribal. There's an entirely different way of discussing them but the tribes descend on any dispassionate attempt and muck it about with their insistence that they know the answers.

You could perhaps describe your weather and the effect it's having on your sheep mountain, that ought to be uncontroversial.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Kathy Ellen

Just me again

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Delorean;1369747 wrote: Hi there all!

Haven't been in here for quite a while, I think the topics of conversation got a little too based around religion and politics for me to have any kind of input into, being that they are two subjects of which I have little interest or knowledge of. There seems to be a few new members now, and more posters, I thought I'd come in for a bit, see if I can fit in somewhere :p

Hi Delorean..Welcome back to FG. You were Koochikoo (sorry...forgot spelling) I stop into EA sometimes to see how everyone is. It's very quiet there. It used to be a wonderful place to visit.

I'm sorry for your loss with Odie. Hope all is good with you and your wee boy.

It's nice to see you !!
Kathy Ellen

Just me again

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Betty Boop;1369750 wrote: Welcome back Delorean. :-6

It's funny how FG manages to feel homely for so many people, wonder what it is about the place :thinking:

Hi Betty,

No matter what happens, ForumGarden will always be my home forum...always! I feel that this place is like my old neighborhood that was always so full of fond memories and people that I love.

Those special memories are always there and rekindled when I return. We've had many, many good times and some bad times. But no matter where I roam, I always return to FG, even if in my heart.
Delorean

Just me again

Post by Delorean »

Thanks for the welcome back guys :-6

Kathy Ellen;1369760 wrote: Hi Delorean..Welcome back to FG. You were Koochikoo (sorry...forgot spelling) I stop into EA sometimes to see how everyone is. It's very quiet there. It used to be a wonderful place to visit.

I'm sorry for your loss with Odie. Hope all is good with you and your wee boy.

It's nice to see you !!

It's a lot quieter over there now, that's for sure! Joan was kinda the life of the party :guitarist I've found it hard to explain to people in '3D' world how I lost a friend, they don't seem to understand you can have a friend you've never met so to them you're loss isn't real. Have others found that too?

Yes, my boy and I are great thanks. He'll be 4 in a few weeks, my goodness how that's flown! He starts school next year! :yh_ooooo
Snooz

Just me again

Post by Snooz »

spot;1369754 wrote: Blimey, it's our Devil.

Odie does seem to have had an effect on a lot of people over the years which shows the power of the Internet and the nature of Odie.

Chat as and when the fit takes you, politics and religion are... there's an image in my head and the words didn't appear too. Hobby-horses that eventually consume their riders. Both are tribal. There's an entirely different way of discussing them but the tribes descend on any dispassionate attempt and muck it about with their insistence that they know the answers.

You could perhaps describe your weather and the effect it's having on your sheep mountain, that ought to be uncontroversial.

Now I've got a mental image of a stick horse going all Hannibal Lector on someone, like those horrifying dolls in the movies that want to kill you. I hate dolls.

Welcome back Delorean.
Kathy Ellen

Just me again

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Delorean;1369764 wrote: Thanks for the welcome back guys :-6

It's a lot quieter over there now, that's for sure! Joan was kinda the life of the party :guitarist I've found it hard to explain to people in '3D' world how I lost a friend, they don't seem to understand you can have a friend you've never met so to them you're loss isn't real. Have others found that too?

Yes, my boy and I are great thanks. He'll be 4 in a few weeks, my goodness how that's flown! He starts school next year! :yh_ooooo

Yes, many times cyber friends become real friends either through emails, phone calls or meeting up in real life. I'm still friends with Aussie Pam after 13 years or so.

Jeez, I remember when your boy was an infant. Time flies by too fast !!
Oscar Namechange

Just me again

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Yes, where else can I call an Irish member a pan polishing Leprechaun and the Scottish member a Pheasent bothering Kilt Flinger with him calling me a Nazi In retort without any umbrage being exposed.?

Hello Delorean.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Delorean

Just me again

Post by Delorean »

oscar;1369805 wrote: Yes, where else can I call an Irish member a pan polishing Leprechaun and the Scottish member a Pheasent bothering Kilt Flinger with him calling me a Nazi In retort without any umbrage being exposed.? :yh_rotfl

Hello Delorean.

Hi Oscar :) Gee, it almost makes me want to get into an argument with you to see what you can come up with for an Australian :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Just me again

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Delorean;1369826 wrote: Hi Oscar :) Gee, it almost makes me want to get into an argument with you to see what you can come up with for an Australian :wah:

You and Fuzzy must be the only Aussie's out there. The rest seem to be waiting tables In England.

Only kidding of course..
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
WonderWendy3

Just me again

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Hello there! I've been absent for a long time and not sure who will remember me! I am so sorry to hear of Odie passing. My condolences to her family and close friends.

on a happier note Welcome back to the garden!
Bryn Mawr

Just me again

Post by Bryn Mawr »

WonderWendy3;1369836 wrote: Hello there! I've been absent for a long time and not sure who will remember me! I am so sorry to hear of Odie passing. My condolences to her family and close friends.

And a huge WELCOME BACK to you too :-6

How's life been treating you?
gmc

Just me again

Post by gmc »

Welcome back.

There is another occupation available to expatriate Aussies. everywhere I go this video is playing is outdoor sports shops all over the UK. It's like being stalked by a demented austraian fashion guru.

Buff - YouTube

It's either that or drizza bone coats
cars

Just me again

Post by cars »

Howdy Delorean, you get around. (Like me) WELCOME again.
Cars :)
Peg

Just me again

Post by Peg »

WonderWendy!!!!!
spot

Just me again

Post by spot »

A turn-up for the books, this. What a pleasing post. WB WW.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
WonderWendy3

Just me again

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Awww, you all made me smile...gonna start my own "I'm here" thread so not to take away from this one!
WonderWendy3

Just me again

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Bryn Mawr;1369854 wrote: And a huge WELCOME BACK to you too :-6

How's life been treating you?

I'm good and Thank you!! :)
Delorean

Just me again

Post by Delorean »

gmc;1369888 wrote: Welcome back.

There is another occupation available to expatriate Aussies. everywhere I go this video is playing is outdoor sports shops all over the UK. It's like being stalked by a demented austraian fashion guru.

Buff - YouTube

It's either that or drizza bone coats

Thanks for the welcome :)

Gee, that buff actually looks quite versatile. Having not watched survivor I've not seen it before, but I think I want one now after seeing that clip :wah:
Delorean

Just me again

Post by Delorean »

WonderWendy3;1369836 wrote: Hello there! I've been absent for a long time and not sure who will remember me! I am so sorry to hear of Odie passing. My condolences to her family and close friends.

Yes,I do remember you a little.
Mustang

Just me again

Post by Mustang »

Howdy Delorean and welcome back! :guitarist
Delorean

Just me again

Post by Delorean »

Thanks, and hello again to you, Musty :-6

Return to “General Chit Chat”