Grounded and run down...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Grounded and run down...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I MUST STATE I AM NOT LOOKING FOR SYMPATHY

However, If anyone has any genuine tips for tonics and pick me up's I would be grateful.

I have been over-doing things these past few months and when I am not out, I am working from home.

I know I am run down because I have had one thing after another such as a horrendous boil, a serious ear Infection, colds and head aches.

I can not take Iron Pills because they make me vomit.

Any serious suggestions please?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Betty Boop

Grounded and run down...

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1374305 wrote: I MUST STATE I AM NOT LOOKING FOR SYMPATHY

However, If anyone has any genuine tips for tonics and pick me up's I would be grateful.

I have been over-doing things these past few months and when I am not out, I am working from home.

I know I am run down because I have had one thing after another such as a horrendous boil, a serious ear Infection, colds and head aches.

If you want iron try Spatone, it's a little sachet of water you add to orange or apple juice and it's meant to be better than iron tablets and gentler on the stomach. I've been taking them on and off ever since having Jowan because the op left me anaemic.

http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/en-g ... s/spatone/
theia

Grounded and run down...

Post by theia »

I think it's the "little Julie" crying out for some "me" time...I think she's fed up with doing adult things all the time...she wants to play and have some real fun, with a few special cuddles and some love, too.

Maybe you need some nonsense time, or some cuddling up in cosy dressing gown time...life has a habit of doing very nicely thank you without you having to be involved all the time.

THIS IS NOT A SYMPATHY POST :wah:
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Oscar Namechange

Grounded and run down...

theia;1374309 wrote: I think it's the "little Julie" crying out for some "me" time...I think she's fed up with doing adult things all the time...she wants to play and have some real fun, with a few special cuddles and some love, too.

Maybe you need some nonsense time, or some cuddling up in cosy dressing gown time...life has a habit of doing very nicely thank you without you having to be involved all the time.

THIS IS NOT A SYMPATHY POST :wah:

Betty... Thanks... I will certainly try this. I thought you could only get them In tablet form.

Theia... I do try to have ' Me time'... I make time to get out with the dogs every day where I can walk and gather my thoughts. I also make sure I cook every night with fresh food but you are right... It's mostly adult things... I long to get down to Sussex asap and run with my brothers horses, throw horse shyte at my brother and all those silly things I miss so much being an adult.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
CARLA

Grounded and run down...

Post by CARLA »

I hear you Oscar I was in the same boat several months ago. My doctor suggested several things

1. Take a prenatal vitamin, like you the strong stuff makes me sick.

2. Go to bed early for 2 weeks no matter what the issues are sleep is necessary.

3. Take melatonin if you can't turn yourself off it works for me and my mind never shuts down totally.

4. Take a few days off to do some fun stuff if it only going shopping for yourself.

5. Visit your brother you need it stuff will wait and worrying never sloves anything.

Let me tell you the sleep was major for me 2 week of going to bed early made a world of difference in my attitude, energy you name it I even smile more now. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Snooz

Grounded and run down...

Post by Snooz »

You might also consider getting your thyroid checked if you haven't done so already.
Oscar Namechange

Grounded and run down...

CARLA;1374325 wrote: I hear you Oscar I was in the same boat several months ago. My doctor suggested several things

1. Take a prenatal vitamin, like you the strong stuff makes me sick.

2. Go to bed early for 2 weeks no matter what the issues are sleep is necessary.

3. Take melatonin if you can't turn yourself off it works for me and my mind never shuts down totally.

4. Take a few days off to do some fun stuff if it only going shopping for yourself.

5. Visit your brother you need it stuff will wait and worrying never sloves anything.

Let me tell you the sleep was major for me 2 week of going to bed early made a world of difference in my attitude, energy you name it I even smile more now. :)

Thank You Carla.... It's comforting to know others have felt the same as I do now. There Is some good advice there that I shall look Into especially with the sleep.

I glean from your post that you, like me, suffered from Irritability? I have been so Irritable for weeks. The ear Infection was the worst, It made me want to kill Innocent people just for shouting near me !!!

Everything Is such an effort at the moment.

I have a few days off lined up... I am off for the big horse races coming up but I need to get 'home' for a week or two... It's so sad because we have a lot of children In the family and they keep writing to me asking when I am coming home. This Is only because Auntie Julie Is usually the silly one who will climb tree's with them etc etc.

I bought some multi Vitimins today and Snooze, I did have my thyroid checked out last time I had blood taken, everything was fine.

By the way Carla, I think the reason we can't find each other on Facebook is due to the security settings. I will take mine off friends only for a few days and see If you can try again with my e mail address. That should allow you access.
K.Snyder

Grounded and run down...

Post by K.Snyder »

Any serious suggestions please?Eat dirt!

Oh, I mean for your iron supplement...

Honest!...

Taking this “hygiene hypothesis” in an even more surprising direction, recent studies indicate that treatment with a specific soil bacterium, Mycobacterium vaccae, may be able to alleviate depression. For example, lung cancer patients who were injected with killed M. vaccae reported better quality of life and less nausea and pain. Now a team of neuroscientists and immunologists may have figured out why this works. The bacteria, when injected into mice, activate a set of serotonin-releasing neurons in the brain—the same nerves targeted by Prozac.Is Dirt the New Prozac? | Depression & Happiness | DISCOVER Magazine

Feeling blue my dear?...

Eat dirt!
Oscar Namechange

Grounded and run down...

Errrrrrr Thanks Kevvy Woo......... I think :thinking::-3
K.Snyder

Grounded and run down...

Post by K.Snyder »

oscar;1374438 wrote: Errrrrrr Thanks Kevvy Woo......... I think :thinking::-3:yh_bigsmi

No problem Oscy Woscy!!!!!!....

Now eat dirt!!!!!
along-for-the-ride

Grounded and run down...

Post by along-for-the-ride »

:wah:

I thought of the above vintage commercial. I do hope you feel better soon, oscar.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “General Chit Chat”