How Often Do You Make People Laugh?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
koan

Post by koan »

I usually give a good laugh to at least one person a day. It's my goal to do this for a living. Whether or not I achieve that, I will continue to pursue my one laugh a day minimum. It's the least I can do to repay the world for my chance at life.
Lon

Post by Lon »

Your post makes me laugh.:wah:
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

koan;1383459 wrote: How Often Do You Make People Laugh? :-3 Ya mean ... on purpose?
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Some people are easy laughs... fortunately for me, my cubbie co-workers/friends are easy laughs so my stupid remarks usually get at least a chuckle.
spot

Post by spot »

Some time last year I expect. I lack all propensity to amuse. People have gone comatose waiting for me to get to the end of explanations - the more wary flee the room these days when they see warning signs that I'm about to speak.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I'd run screaming from the room just at the sight of you.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I like to laugh. I like to cause others to laugh. It's all so ridiculous anyway.
spot

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1383471 wrote: I'd run screaming from the room just at the sight of you.

People do, Snooze. I've emptied pubs.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1383474 wrote: People do, Snooze. I've emptied pubs.

That was when you was a Pole dancer though, to be fair.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I love to make people laugh....I've never counted daily how many. I guess I will have to take notes now---yayyy ME!
koan

Post by koan »

spot;1383467 wrote: Some time last year I expect. I lack all propensity to amuse. People have gone comatose waiting for me to get to the end of explanations - the more wary flee the room these days when they see warning signs that I'm about to speak.

On a good day, you're like the Historian in Monty Python's Holy Grail. On a bad day, you're like the Narrator in Rocky Horror Picture Show.

You do tell an engaging tale about the history of England via the story of sewage though.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Bruv;1383478 wrote: That was when you was a Pole dancer though, to be fair.

That seems kind of racist.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeAgain;1383485 wrote: That seems kind of racist.I see what you mean. The P is capitalized.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

SnoozeAgain;1383485 wrote: That seems kind of racist.

Have you seen him dance then ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

*visualizing Spot sliding down a Pole* :yh_sick
spot

Post by spot »

Down's easy, it's getting up'em in the first place that worries people.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Accountable;1383490 wrote: *visualizing Spot sliding down a Pole* :yh_sick

Yep, that was my reaction. *snicker*
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Every day... I laugh every day & make others laugh every day...

My name is Patsy - like Patsy Cline - I don't sing - I laugh...!

Patsy
koan

Post by koan »

When I was working on a tv series, my assistant and I had a game to see if we could make each other laugh so hard we had leave the set while rolling. I laugh a lot now but she used to make me fall over.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I smile all the time. People comment on it. I laugh whenever I get the chance. My students think I'm weird.
Lon

Post by Lon »

I too have almost a perpetual smile which I really believe reflects one's basic personality. Have you noticed that folks with a perpetually downturned mouth seem to be morose and negative people.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Generally, yes.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

:yh_rotfl:wah::wah::yh_rotfl:wah:

Laughter is the best medicine for what ever ails you.....

I bring grins and laughter everyday.....want to hear a joke? Just joking..

good post Koan!
koan

Post by koan »

My daughter and I sometimes just look at each other and one of us goes "Bwah ha!" "heheheeeeeeeeeeee" "khekhekhe" until a laugh becomes contagious. It also helps to just stop laughing and look incredibly serious for too long.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Laughter is good therapy. There is a yoga exercise that involves just standing around laughing. While I was looking for a video of laughter yoga (and yes, Youtube has many) I came across this one. I dare you not to laugh

Bez

Post by Bez »

You don't have to be a comedian to make people laugh. I was thinking about this topic and was surprised to find that actually, everytime we interact with people laughter just 'happens'.....even in distressing circumstances
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Oscar Namechange

Bez;1383557 wrote: You don't have to be a comedian to make people laugh. I was thinking about this topic and was surprised to find that actually, everytime we interact with people laughter just 'happens'.....even in distressing circumstances How true ???

It's knowing when people are laughing with you and not at you..

I do not like forced humour and find nothing worse than some knob who thinks he's a comedian.

I worked with a guy who was a David Brent. Every sentence was his attempt at humour or some double entendre. I fired him In the end actually.

Yet, one of my brothers makes me laugh constantly without even trying. He has that very dry 'Jack Dee' approach to life'.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Accountable;1383546 wrote: I smile all the time. People comment on it. I laugh whenever I get the chance. My students think I'm weird.

I bet it's the constant smiling and drooling that really makes them nervous.
Oscar Namechange

SnoozeAgain;1383602 wrote: I bet it's the constant smiling and drooling that really makes them nervous. Those are the very people I do not sit next to on the bus.

More often than not, they will get their penis out somewhere along the journey.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Accountable;1383555 wrote: Laughter is good therapy. There is a yoga exercise that involves just standing around laughing. While I was looking for a video of laughter yoga (and yes, Youtube has many) I came across this one. I dare you not to laugh

I know I have seen this before but I still laughed my ass off.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeAgain;1383602 wrote: I bet it's the constant smiling and drooling that really makes them nervous.
It's not drool. Drool implies a certain volume and I ..... never mind. And it's not a toomah, either!
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1383607 wrote: More often than not, they will get their penis out somewhere along the journey.
Something I have, I confess, never seen happen. You must have special attributes, oscar.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1383611 wrote: Something I have, I confess, never seen happen. You must have special attributes, oscar. Then take the 49 through Fishponds late at night Spot.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1383614 wrote: Then take the 49 through Fishponds late at night Spot.

If you insist on mingling so intimately with the Great Unwashed, the inevitable result must have some sort of attraction. I'd seek counselling and therapy if that happened to me.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1383616 wrote: If you insist on mingling so intimately with the Great Unwashed, the inevitable result must have some sort of attraction. I'd seek counselling and therapy if that happened to me.

Therapy ? No .... It's life's own entertainment.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1383619 wrote: Therapy ? No .... It's life's own entertainment.

As attractions go it's not one I'd wish to adopt, thank you. You're on your own with that. I don't do roller coasters either.
koan

Post by koan »

oscar;1383607 wrote: Those are the very people I do not sit next to on the bus.

More often than not, they will get their penis out somewhere along the journey.

What the ****????

Where the **** did that come from?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

koan;1383654 wrote: What the ****????

Where the **** did that come from?
Now THAT made me chuckle.
koan

Post by koan »

Accountable;1383663 wrote: Now THAT made me chuckle.

Those were capitalized asterisks too.
Oscar Namechange

koan;1383708 wrote: Those were capitalized asterisks too.

I can arrange for you to do an hour's stand up In the working man's club at Oldham If you're up for It.

If you're still alive 5 minutes after stepping on the stage, then, you're funny.
koan

Post by koan »

oscar;1383717 wrote: I can arrange for you to do an hour's stand up In the working man's club at Oldham If you're up for It.

If you're still alive 5 minutes after stepping on the stage, then, you're funny.
We know, seeing people beat up makes you laugh... especially if they're teenagers. It's the penises that bother you.
Oscar Namechange

koan;1383720 wrote: We know, seeing people beat up makes you laugh... especially if they're teenagers. It's the penises that bother you.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

By the way, I think you'll find 'Penes' Is the plural of penis not penises. :yh_rotfl
koan

Post by koan »

You'd be the expert on that. ;)
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Oscar Namechange

koan;1383724 wrote: You'd be the expert on that. ;) If you say so old girl... If you say so.
koan

Post by koan »

I haven't been so impressed by a penis that the sight of more than one causes me to be concerned with how to pluralize correctly.
Oscar Namechange

koan;1383729 wrote: I haven't been so impressed by a penis that the sight of more than one causes me to be concerned with how to pluralize correctly.

You know Koan. For someone who professes to laugh and last had a jealous thought In 1882, 'Me thinks the lady doth protest too much'. Me thinks your posts through out this forum are full of rage, resentment, anger and jealousy. You seem full of angst dearie. I know you haven't got the old woman to bully In the back room any more so the frustration must be building up. Have you tried reading ? I've got a good book on Penes you can borrow.
koan

Post by koan »

aw... oscar got outwitted and popped a nerve in her temple. I thought you liked those kinds of comedy circuits, old girl.
koan

Post by koan »

Here was my laugh for today:

Ever farted while wearing a maxi pad? I imagine that's what it would feel like parachuting... but in reverse.

Return to “General Chit Chat”