HHHmmmm death eh? gotta love it .

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

mum rang me yesterday, Dads got about two weeks, month at the most .

Having a bit of a hard time here ...many factors involved. I think it's because my dads' a stubborn old git always has been (runs in the family ) when they first told him he had cancer I thought he'd be like "no i don't " but he surprised all of us and actually took the attitude.... Well you barstards have all the answers ..Do something !!

This attitude afforded him at least half a year (not so his brother who was dead within two months of being told...I miss uncle Doug) it kept him healthy and doing stuff that he wanted to do (no one gets the better of my dad .) But now ...we knew it had to be but ...I dunno ...I'm crying but I dont' know what I"m crying for ...we all have to die sometime.

Well I've decided something because I'm my fathers daughter who never allows anyone to get away with anything. ... I'm pissed off here . He had the strictist of table manners in our home but every now and then he'd be in a mood. Next minute if we had icecream for dessert one of us would get a spoon of icecream in our face. I kid you not ..I'm a kid who had to have complete manners at the table wearing icecream on my face......then it was on. Mum couldn't stop it. Was all out war.

OR

He always at the end of the meal had a face washer handy to clean his hands . Guess who wore the facewasher ...all of us because it would go from one person to another. He'd always wipe his hands and then throw it at one of us . Always and only if he was in a "mood".

And yet if you couldn't fix a tyre (as he would always show us out bush) after the age of eight ...you were no good to him.

you know what? i don't care, i don't want to talk about all this at his funeral dammit !!!...I'm going to mum and dads' house to flick icecream at him and when he needs a flannel to get it off ..I'll throw it at his face ..I'm good with that .
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I can't imagine. :(

Your idea actually sounds pretty healthy to me. It may do you both a world of good. I say go for it.
rajakrsna

Post by rajakrsna »

'inappropriate post removed by BB on behalf of offended members'
Om namo bagavate vasudevaya, " God is the Cause of All causes."
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

wow that's just WOW!!

you obviously don't understand the degree of humour in my family .
rajakrsna

Post by rajakrsna »

fuzzywuzzy;1388398 wrote: wow that's just WOW!!

you obviously don't understand the degree of humour in my family .

Then why all that fuzz with you dad`s death?
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

okay FG help here!!!! not good by anyones' standards...........think an alert?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

He set you up for the real world, how to change a wheel and eat in the best circles, with a touch of irreverence to question the status quo.

I am sure the old bugger would appreciate a flannel in the kisser, go for it girl.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Post by spot »

I reckon getting some final conversations in while you can is what matters just now.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

rajakrsna;1388389 wrote: 'inappropriate post removed by BB on behalf of offended members'
Fuzzy & I don't particularly like each other, and still I got it that that's how they show affection for each other. It's called teasing. Look it up.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

accountable is right ...my father is a very strict man. Very devout Catholic, and straight down the line but he did have his funny moments . In dad's older years he'd wait for his small grandchildren to turn up and take his false teeth out and put them on the table just to freak them out . lol lol
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Fizz Fuzz... I am so sorry to hear about your Father.

Do I have any wise words that will make the loss more bearable? NO.... I was a mess when my Father died.

I remember the day the Doctor came out. Our Father was upstairs In bed and the Doc came down and told us that he had six weeks approx left.... I was like... 'Err excuse me? I don't think so'.... That's because other people's Dad's die. Not mine. Mine would always be there.

I can understand the ice cream thing totally.

My Father had a bell next to his bed. My Mother was partially disabled so us kids had a rota over the house and It was us who had to run up and down the stairs to the call of that bloody bell. Often, I'd arrive at the bedroom door, wheezing and breathless ( heavy smoker then ) and ask 'Yes Dad, what Is It ?'.... Errrr I've forgotton now he's say. I'd get back downstairs and say to my Mother ' Don't you bloody dare laugh'.

About a week after the Doc came, he was moved to a cancer hospice but not before I took that bloody bell and rang It outside his bedroom door for about 15 minutes non stop....so, the Ice cream thing I can understand.

I hope your Father doesn't suffer.... sending you hugs.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

rajakrsna;1388389 wrote: 'inappropriate post removed by BB on behalf of offended members' Did It ever occur to you that you are a rude Ignorant pig?

Butt out.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

accountable: "Fuzzy & I don't particularly like each other"

You may not like her, but how do you know whether or not she likes you?
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Actually I like in some way or another everyone on this forum. Otherwise I would have left years ago. Lets face it you all keep me amused :)

No Oscar they are just keeping him comfortable now. He's more upset than anything else because he's a bit of a fighter and doesn't like to accept these things. I'm not sure I'd be too good at it either though. It's weird because he's still walking around the place and they are off to visiting very shortly. He's still driving around . But the doctor was very blunt he told them not to make plans too far down the track.
Oscar Namechange

fuzzywuzzy;1388463 wrote: Actually I like in some way or another everyone on this forum. Otherwise I would have left years ago. Lets face it you all keep me amused :)

No Oscar they are just keeping him comfortable now. He's more upset than anything else because he's a bit of a fighter and doesn't like to accept these things. I'm not sure I'd be too good at it either though. It's weird because he's still walking around the place and they are off to visiting very shortly. He's still driving around . But the doctor was very blunt he told them not to make plans too far down the track.

Prepare yourself that he may go downhill very quickly. In many cases, the sufferer will even appear to get better and brighter to other people. Just make sure of one thing.... you tell him all the things you wanted to say NOW.

I'll keep you In my thoughts.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

(((fuzzy))). What kind of cancer does dad have?
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

umm pancreatic but it was at the other end ..but it got into other places and they did their best to remove it (took his appendix out for free, that was nice of em' eh?) but they then found spots in the liver chemo kept him really healthy for awhile but they checked again and it's in his bones (which doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out marrow = blood stream) so ................... he's actually done better than expected he sould have been dead over three months ago . He's a tough old bloke. :)
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I am sorry to hear that, Fuzzy, but I like your attitude.

When My dad was diagnosed with cancer, it took him about six months to go.

We fought it with all we could but we didn't know at first that it was already too late when they found it.

The part they treated was just a matastisis of the thing. It was all over him.

Anyway, Up to the last week or so, he was getting around pretty good.

Then he decided it was time and he went. four days from entering Hospice, to being gone.

Go throw ice cream.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tabby

Post by tabby »

That's one phone call I know you wish you had never received. I'm so sorry to hear about your father, Fuzzy and I hope the next few weeks go as easily for you as possible under the circumstances.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Dad passed away monday night . He went out to the garage to work on something and collapsed. I had seen him monday and he died a few hours later. He was still cracking jokes about perving at mums butt. So that's it I guess . I'm trying to put some verse together for his funeral on Monday .

so anyway that's it then . Thanks for all your support guys much appreciated.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1389147 wrote: Dad passed away monday night . He went out to the garage to work on something and collapsed. I had seen him monday and he died a few hours later. He was still cracking jokes about perving at mums butt. So that's it I guess . I'm trying to put some verse together for his funeral on Monday .

so anyway that's it then . Thanks for all your support guys much appreciated.

I am so sorry, I'll be thinking of you
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Trying to source a piper at the moment.
Oscar Namechange

fuzzywuzzy;1389147 wrote: Dad passed away monday night . He went out to the garage to work on something and collapsed. I had seen him monday and he died a few hours later. He was still cracking jokes about perving at mums butt. So that's it I guess . I'm trying to put some verse together for his funeral on Monday .

so anyway that's it then . Thanks for all your support guys much appreciated. So sorry Fizz. I wish I could give you a hug but you'll have to settle for a poke on Facebook Instead.

You know you have lots of friends here and on Facebook and we're all with you. Please also pass my condolences to your Mum and the family..... You'll be In my thoughts Hunni xxxxxxxxxx
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Keep the good memories, Fuzz. Did you at least get a last shot in with the facecloth?
rajakrsna

Post by rajakrsna »

Accountable;1389180 wrote: Keep the good memories, Fuzz. Did you at least get a last shot in with the facecloth?

My condolences, Fuzzywuzzy. I`m sorry for the inappropriate post.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

rajakrsna;1389181 wrote: My condolences, Fuzzywuzzy. I`m sorry for the inappropriate post.

:-6 :-6

Good on you Raj.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Nothing to say other than so sorry to hear that.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

(((Fuzz)))
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

thanks guys .

ACC: no mate he wasn't too good when I saw him on Monday .....very tired and couldn't hold his thought processes . I'm glad I saw him when I did.

Raja: thank you . and you are forgiven.

Oscar: thank you and I shall .
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I am sorry for you loss, Fuzzy.

May all you good memories of him stay with you, forever.
- DH Lawrence
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Sending you my condolences Fuzzy. Maybe there's a blessing in the fact that he didn't linger, must be better to 'go' pottering around doing what you enjoy than laying in a sick bed :-4
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

It's funny you know ...mum was looking for him . And she told me how she went off her tree and told him off while he was lying there because the plan was that he die in bed . lol lol The paramedics put him into bed though . that was nice of them . and hte funeral home said they would leave him there as long as she wanted him .

I suppose that's why it doesn't feel like he's dead yet ..I don't feel it. I was at a course on the other side of Melbourne and when i got the call at about 11 monday night I was so tired and couldn't go to see him . My last view of him was him lying on top of his covers and discussing the course with me . Then I said I'll see you next Monday. and he said righto. and I left . Well I guess I'll see him Monday in a sense.
Oscar Namechange

I've never been a religous or spiritual person at all but when I went and saw my Father In his coffin In the Chapel of Rest, It was quite strange.

There was my Father but I had an over-whelming feeling that he wasn't there and I was looking at his shell. It was really strong that his body was his remains and him, his soul, had gone elsewhere. My Brother told me he had felt the same.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Seasons change, leaves turn golden

But these aren’t words dad would want spoken

Memories of words we’ll always hold dear

Sayings and actions will remain very clear.

“Never start fights but always finish them if you care

Never swear, don’t say hell

In case you end up there.”

Go left, then right, then roundabout,

That will get you nearer

Never ask dad for directions

Yep ………nothing could be clearer.

‘How do you do and shake hands’

To his grandchildren a fable

Until he pulled his false teeth out

And placed them on the table.

Sitting hours in the Holden

Friday nights were really bad

“The statue must be delivered”

Dad …….with the gift of the gab.

“Oh Gordie stop it” mum would despair

As ice-cream and rhubarb flew through the air.

Into our faces he thought was a lark ..or…

Walking past the garage RAAAHHHH! in the dark.

Never wet dad, that’s one big mistake

Sump oil over your head could be what’s at stake

Or running down the street for your dear life

He’ll be hiding around the corner, you’ll be in strife

But dad………

You spoke to God often,

So I think you’ll be right.

So father from your children

A final kiss goodnight.

My siblings will understand this ...thinking blank faces from everyone else. lol lol
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Nah.

I think we can know your dad right well from that.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Members' News”