Presidential Debates 2012

Discuss the latest political news.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I wrote:

Fox News is insisting that Romney was correct when he said Obama didn't say Libya was a terrorist attack for days after the incident yet they quote this "..."No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for," Obama said..."

To which you replied:

Accountable;1408268 wrote:

Surely you're not giving him a pass for trying to downplay the attack & deflect responsibility by lying about the reason??

I swear this country truly gets what it deserves, and with sheep and lemmings dutifully recycling one Republocrat for the next one, it can only get worse.

Where did I say anything about the attack itself. The entire point I made was about Romney trying to insist Obama didn't use a WORD, he was proven wrong and Fox News is still insisting Romney was correct. How you got that out of my post is beyond me.

You might be interested in knowing that Obama said this during the debate in case you missed it: "I'm the president and I'm always responsible, and that's why nobody's more interested in finding out exactly what happened than I do," Yeah, so much for your "downplay the attack & deflect responsibility" bullshit.

I'm not team Dem or Republican and I sure as hell don't appreciate being called a sheeple or lemming.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Saint_;1408294 wrote: To me President Obama was beating Rumply over the head with a 2X4 mightily. I especially liked when President Obama mad-dogged Roughy for trying to politicize the Libya deaths. Heck, even the moderator caught Rimply in a bald-faced lie!

Saint_ I hope you like this. In NYC he's call Mutt Robme. :wah:
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

AnneBoleyn;1408337 wrote: Saint_ I hope you like this. In NYC he's call Mutt Robme. :wah:

That's AWESOME! I'm stealing it!!! :)
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

This is a good piece on the auto bailout.

Presidential debate 101: Did Mitt Romney want Detroit to go bankrupt? - CSMonitor.com
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

flopstock;1408345 wrote: This is a good piece on the auto bailout.

Presidential debate 101: Did Mitt Romney want Detroit to go bankrupt? - CSMonitor.com

Yeah, that was good. Thanks for posting that. Very impartial and clear.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeAgain;1408334 wrote: I wrote:

To which you replied:

Where did I say anything about the attack itself. The entire point I made was about Romney trying to insist Obama didn't use a WORD, he was proven wrong and Fox News is still insisting Romney was correct. How you got that out of my post is beyond me.

You might be interested in knowing that Obama said this during the debate in case you missed it: "I'm the president and I'm always responsible, and that's why nobody's more interested in finding out exactly what happened than I do," Yeah, so much for your "downplay the attack & deflect responsibility" bullshit.It's the semantic game. Did he use that word or didn't he? Who gives a damn? He and his underlings tried to play off the incident as a spontaneous protest against some stupid movie, all the while knowing that they were lying through their teeth.

SnoozeAgain;1408334 wrote: I'm not team Dem or Republican and I sure as hell don't appreciate being called a sheeple or lemming.
My post did look like that was aimed specifically at you. I should've separated it it more from the previous paragraph. I apologize. The line was for those who can't think past dem or repub. Those who think that if they don't vote for the guy who wins then they've wasted their vote - never mind that they don't like, trust, or even agree with him. Those who honestly think that picking the lesser of two evils is a valid way to choose the so-called leader of the free world.

Is that you? I really don't think so, so please accept my apology.
koan

Post by koan »

"Binders of women"

The Casper of unfriendly ghosts from the last debate.

Sure, I relate to women, I've got binders full of their profiles and, when I need to look good for the feminist vote, I'll pull one out at random.
tabby

Post by tabby »

koan;1408359 wrote: "Binders of women"

The Casper of unfriendly ghosts from the last debate.

Sure, I relate to women, I've got binders full of their profiles and, when I need to look good for the feminist vote, I'll pull one out at random.

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

On foreign policy, Romney=Obama=Bush
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Yes he did!!

Attached files
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Marie5656;1408861 wrote: Yes he did!!

Glad you posted that...I thought I was losing my mind.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

My faith in the electoral process may be restored.

Driving back to work at lunch I heard a radio commercial for a local office. It was being done by a republican who had run a few years ago and when he won, he had promised he would only run twice as he felt we needed to keep having fresh ideas. He kept his word and is pretty much one of the most respected ex-politicians in the area.

So, today he is running an ad to endorse a candidate for circuit clerk. He endorsed the democrat. Said that our votes can't always be about republican or democrat, it needs to be about who can best do the job.

Wow.... wonder what the republican guy did to him...:yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

We have a couple of judges getting cross-party endorsements. I don't understand who would even want a partisan judge.

Return to “Current Political Events”