The Savile saga reaches a new all time low..

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

A former BBC colleague of Jimmy Savile has claimed the predatory paedophile was a necrophiliac.

Read more: 'Jimmy Savile was a necrophiliac', says former colleague Paul Gambaccini | Mail Online

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I watched the BBC Panorama investigation into itself last night.

What I got from the program wasn't so much about whether Savile was a paedophile or not, but about how people behave in groups.

Many people ought to have become aware, over many years, of this fellows behaviour.

He was toward the top of his fame and profession, a major money earner, a draw for audiences, his behaviour seems to have been an open secret.

All the 'names' that professed to have known about him way back then, but were afraid or thought it might affect their own careers, must be out numbered tenfold by his close Team who definitely knew.

This group behaviour might explain the Banking crisis, endemic racism in the Met, Priest sex scandals.

Do groups overlook their members indiscretions ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1408894 wrote: I watched the BBC Panorama investigation into itself last night.

What I got from the program wasn't so much about whether Savile was a paedophile or not, but about how people behave in groups.

Many people ought to have become aware, over many years, of this fellows behaviour.

He was toward the top of his fame and profession, a major money earner, a draw for audiences, his behaviour seems to have been an open secret.

All the 'names' that professed to have known about him way back then, but were afraid or thought it might affect their own careers, must be out numbered tenfold by his close Team who definitely knew.

This group behaviour might explain the Banking crisis, endemic racism in the Met, Priest sex scandals.

Do groups overlook their members indiscretions ?
It's a very Interesting point....

I totally agree with you. Where there Is power or money, groups of people can witness the most appalling behaviour but will stay with the herd out of fear they will lose their job, or social standing.

Savile earned the BBC millions In his hey day as well as giving huge amounts of money to charity. He had a lot of power In the BBC back then and ' anyone ' who would have been seen to stand up to him or expose him could lose their job and be outcast from the Organisation.

It's difficult for some to understand how his activities could have gone undetected or unexposed. The victims always believe at the time that they are the only one It is happening to and because the abuser Is a National star, they thought no-one would believe them If they spoke out. It stands to reason... who would be believed ? A National treasure who devoted his latter life to charity or a child ? Staff at the BBC who had their suspicions would have no doubt be ridiculed If they tried to expose him on their own.

It's only when a few start coming forward that all the others feel safety In numbers and reveal what they knew also. That's also what buys the abuser silence.... not wanting to be the maverick In exposing someone .... I'm sure Savile would have dragged them through the courts In lawsuits had they of tried which also stopped those In the know from exposing him.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

Don't forget the culture of the time. Even now you get people who will say child abuse as such just didn't happen in the good old days when family values were much stronger. We also have the obscene sight of the church lecturing us all on the decline of moral values while covering up systematic abuse within it's own organisation even managing to blame evil children for leading priests astray. It's all coming out now because there is not the same stigma attached to being a victim.

Father Benedict Groeschel, American Friar, Claims Teens Seduce Priests In Some Sex Abuse Cases

In rochdale we had the complaints of children basically ignored because the authorities thought the children were the type who sought attention or were making their own decisions at ten years old. Every time our politicians harp on about the children of single parents they are basically reinforcing the same stereotype - that some children are low lives who should not be taken seriously. Paedophiles are intelligent - they target their victims very carefully picking on those they can terrify into silence or will not be believed.

The daily mail is one of my pet hates - all the mock horror at Jimmy saville next to pictures headlined look at the tits on her
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

gmc;1408909 wrote: Don't forget the culture of the time.

The culture of the time ?

I think that is my point, the culture hasn't changed that much.

The recent Asian sex scandal as an example, many people must have known, but thought it not worth putting their head above the parapet.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1408910 wrote: The culture of the time ?

The recent Asian sex scandal as an example, many people must have known, but thought it not worth putting their head above the parapet. Two men did speak out years ago... Nick Griffin and Mark Collette.... OK forget who they are and what they represent just for a moment... they too were ridiculed and branded racist. Their Information came from families of young girls who turned to them for help after Social services and the Police branded them as liars. I wrote about this subject on this forum 2 years ago and I was also called a liar by a member here. The energy was channeled Into arresting Griffin and Collette with Inciting racial hatred, both were found not guilty by trial by Jury. When the first big Asian grooming gang appeared In court about a year and a half ago, finally, a senior police spokesman came out and admitted that police and SS's had been aware of the accusations for 10 years or more and nothing was done for fear of causing racial unrest In the North of England.

Now... like the Savile case... more and more victims are coming forward along with more and more police and social workers now happy to admit they had know something all along and that, Is the scandal.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

The recent Asian sex scandal as an example, many people must have known, but thought it not worth putting their head above the parapet.

So what is the recent asian sex scandal?:-2
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Oscar Namechange

flopstock;1408939 wrote: So what is the recent asian sex scandal?:-2

Jack Straw: Pakistani community must face up to grooming scandal following Rochdale case - Telegraph
abbey

Post by abbey »

Throw in bestiality and incest and they'll have a full set!
Oscar Namechange

abbey;1408942 wrote: Throw in bestiality and incest and they'll have a full set! Incest maybe... allegedly one of his nieces has gone to the police claiming he molested her as a child.
Oscar Namechange

This is another case In the headlines at the moment:

Case of carers who abused residents at Winterbourne View near Bristol draws to a close | This is Bristol

The reason I relate It to the Savile and the Asian grooming scandals Is again... 11 people ( carers ) are due to be sentenced for abuse against disabled and vulnerable patients In a young care home.

It ties In with the point made by Bruv about large groups of people either joining In the abuse or keeping quiet. gmc also mentioned the abuse In the Catholic Church, another large body of people keeping quiet.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Forget Nick Griffin and the lady, who had their own agenda.

The fact was that groups of people, for instance, the police and social services knew or had suspicions and were afraid to rock the boat, or did and were cautioned that boat rocking wasn't the done thing or would be ineffective, or took the emperors new clothes stance and kept quiet, embarrassed to stand out from the crowd.

This theory explains how events such as the holocaust allows people to accept things together that they wouldn't alone.

I would guess it is a similar phenomena to how rioting mobs take on a mind of their own, lessening individual blame.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1408946 wrote: Forget Nick Griffin and the lady, who had their own agenda.

The fact was that groups of people, for instance, the police and social services knew or had suspicions and were afraid to rock the boat, or did and were cautioned that boat rocking wasn't the done thing or would be ineffective, or took the emperors new clothes stance and kept quiet, embarrassed to stand out from the crowd.

This theory explains how events such as the holocaust allows people to accept things together that they wouldn't alone.

I would guess it is a similar phenomena to how rioting mobs take on a mind of their own, lessening individual blame. His name Is Mark Adrian Collett who was charged alongside Griffin as In Nicholas John Griffin :p:p:p

Anyway, I agree with you..... It goes right back to schoolyard bullying when a large group bully one child. Ask any of the others why they are joining In and chances are they will say they don't want the others to un-friend them or worse, become their next victim.
gmc

Post by gmc »

I'd agree with you there actually but at least now we don't pretend it doesn't happen. I get fed up with the we didn't have all this in the good old days because we had proper family values and people went to church brigade.

Posted by oscar

Anyway, I agree with you..... It goes right back to schoolyard bullying when a large group bully one child. Ask any of the others why they are joining In and chances are they will say they don't want the others to un-friend them or worse, become their next victim.

Then you have clowns like nick griffin and his let's go round and beat up the gay couple campaign because that is what good christians do when threatened by non conformists.

Sorry oscar, nick griffin as defender of the weak and vulnerable is about as convincing as a stuffed budgie entering a singing contest
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1408960 wrote: I'd agree with you there actually but at least now we don't pretend it doesn't happen. I get fed up with the we didn't have all this in the good old days because we had proper family values and people went to church brigade.

Posted by oscar

Then you have c;owns like nick griffin and his let's beat up a poofter campaign. You trying to wind me up ?

You know it was nothing like that.... although I have to agree, It was bloody stupidity on his part.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I apologise to Mark Adrian Collett, for speed reading his name as Colette a laydee's first name and thereby making him much more interesting than a simple BNP activist.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1408974 wrote: I apologise to Mark Adrian Collett, for speed reading his name as Colette a laydee's first name and thereby making him much more interesting than a simple BNP activist.

However distasteful the pair are to you the fact remains that they spoke out and were branded criminals and dragged through the courts. How many young girls became victims because police and Social Services also branded the girls as prostitutes and liars for their own agenda? To avoid racial unrest. Even the Sun newspaper went to print that the BNP were right all along.... a whole 11 years after the BNP first went to police.... how many victims !!!!

http://bentileepatriot.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... right.html

It's on par with the Savile case... no-one was brave enough to stand up and speak for fear of being dragged through the courts.

What I I'd like to see In the Savile case Is every plonker who ever gave him carte blanche and the keys to vulnerable young patients rooms In hospitals and Broadmoor along with the mortuary, hauled before the courts and answer the case.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

oscar;1408940 wrote: Jack Straw: Pakistani community must face up to grooming scandal following Rochdale case - Telegraph

Wow!

Did we have a discussion on this here, at the time?

I miss everything!
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Oscar Namechange

flopstock;1409002 wrote: Wow!

Did we have a discussion on this here, at the time?

I miss everything!

Yes there was a thread... I think I posted It... but about two years ago I wrote In another thread that families of the young girls were turning to the BNP for help because police and Social Services had branded them prostitutes and liars. Some of the girls were as young as 11 years old. A member here called me a liar even though I was actually with Nick Griffin fund raising for one family In particular at the time after the Grandfather of the girl was so let down by police that he contacted Nick. It was In Yorkshire and the member here at the time said he knew a detective In Yorkshire and was going to phone him and ask If It was true.... yeah... like every detective knows every conversation Nick Griffin has !!! The member here came back and wrote a post branding me a liar because the detective said Nick Griffin was lying... well excuse me but I knew different.

Since then there has been several trials of Asian peado grooming gangs and many convicted last year. Finally a senior police spokesmoron came out and said Griffin wasn't lying, It had been going on for over 10 years. Did the member here have the decency to come back and apologise? I'm still waiting but I'm sure he's suitably embarrassed and before this post gets reported, no, It wasn't Spot..... so ner.

Council had 83 warnings about sex abuse in town where Asian sex gang spent years raping dozens of children as young as 10 | Mail Online
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1408963 wrote: You trying to wind me up ?

You know it was nothing like that.... although I have to agree, It was bloody stupidity on his part.

If you want to believe that that's your choice. Many good Christians agreed with Hitler that something needed to be done about the jews and the communists they just weren't sure what but all they had heard convinced them they were a problem. We know all to well where bigotry leads. Just because he was right some of the time doesn't make him any less of a right wing nutcase (IMO). Mind you I'm still waiting for some politicians to be right any of the time.

What I I'd like to see In the Savile case Is every plonker who ever gave him carte blanche and the keys to vulnerable young patients rooms In hospitals and Broadmoor along with the mortuary, hauled before the courts and answer the case.

So would I. I would also like to see those in Rochdale who ignored so many warning from different sources being held to account. Trouble is such cases are hard to prosecute because it boils down to the word of a child against that of an adult but if there had been any system in place to record such reports then the sheer number should have. you would think, caught attention.

And what insightful investigative reporting do we get on the same page of the daily mail?

TOWIE Chloe Sims fashion mishap as she reveals her derriére enhancing pants in a catsuit | Mail Online

Living doll Venus Palermo talks about her fans and hip-hop loving friends in candid TV interview | Mail Online

Keep the masses happy, titillate them and make then tut tut at the same time.

hyp·o·crite

   

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

I don't mean you I hasten to add - big bad nick and the daily mail.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1409026 wrote:

I don't mean you I hasten to add - big bad nick and the daily mail.

The Irony Is that big bad Nick as you put It was right all along about the Asian grooming scandal and the further Irony Is he was 100 % right about the BBC.

When Panarama decided to do the expose on Nick last year and Nick decided to turn the tables on the BBC, he challenged them about cover up's In the organisation that allowed convicted killers and child abusers to work In the BBC organisation. Last year, most probably thought here we go again, another defence tactic... But he was right all along... again... hypocrisy, double standards and cover up's In the BBC have helped Savile abuse children for decades...

Griffin may be a grade A pillock at times but he's an extremely well educated pillock who does his research !!
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

This savile story was on the chicago news this morning.;)

Oscar Namechange

flopstock;1409062 wrote: This savile story was on the chicago news this morning.;)

I read In the Mail last night that the police state they are on the verge of arresting and naming 7 more household names in the scandal within days and quote " we are coming for you".... pity they didn't have the same attitude years ago...

Meanwhile it's now come to light that Savile was Investigated by different police forces over the years but the fault lies with the CPS who chose not to persue a prosecution based on witness's not being reliable enough to secure a conviction.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

flopstock;1409062 wrote: This savile story was on the chicago news this morning.;)

Yeah same here . but more about the BBC being in trouble and the editor of the New York Times having to go back to England to "help" sought it all out .
njdeco

Post by njdeco »

This man was evil.

Oscar Namechange

What a surprise !!!!

The first to be arrested In a dawn raid Is Gary Glitter.

Gary Glitter arrested at home on suspicion of sexual offences in connection with Jimmy Savile scandal | Mail Online

Meanwhile Freddie Star Is getting himself on as many day time TV shows as possible protesting his Innocence while police have not stated they are Interested In him.... hmmmm :-3

One down, 6 to go... wonder who they are ?
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

As much as I detest Freddie Star, I think he's been tarred with the same brush by association by the press. The Sun, Star, Mail et al are turning over any stone they can find and all that does is get the insects running for cover. I'd like the tabloids to let the police do their job before they rejoice in peoples guilt
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1409182 wrote: As much as I detest Freddie Star, I think he's been tarred with the same brush by association by the press. The Sun, Star, Mail et al are turning over any stone they can find and all that does is get the insects running for cover. I'd like the tabloids to let the police do their job before they rejoice in peoples guilt Sorry but Freddie Star has already been exposed as a liar.

When the story first broke a woman came forward and said he had been abused by him with Savile on a TV show.... He then went ape and I think his exact words to the press were " Don't associate me with that pervert" and totally denied It claiming the woman was lying.... The woman then produces a photograph to the papers of her with Savile and him. Star even denied ever being on a show with Savile. Once the pres had the photograph, he then puts his memory down to the booze and says he'll help police all he can...

I think he' doing a lot of protesting ....

Another one who's been accused Is John Peel....

I wouldn't be surprised If police arrest Johnathon King either.

Having said all of that.... I bet there's many of them who must be quaking jut over fear of guilty by association.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1409183 wrote: Sorry but Freddie Star has already been exposed as a liar.

When the story first broke a woman came forward and said he had been abused by him with Savile on a TV show.... He then went ape and I think his exact words to the press were " Don't associate me with that pervert" and totally denied It claiming the woman was lying.... The woman then produces a photograph to the papers of her with Savile and him. Star even denied ever being on a show with Savile. Once the pres had the photograph, he then puts his memory down to the booze and says he'll help police all he can...

I think he' doing a lot of protesting ....

Another one who's been accused Is John Peel....

I wouldn't be surprised If police arrest Johnathon King either.

Having said all of that.... I bet there's many of them who must be quaking jut over fear of guilty by association.

Of course he went ape. Memory can play tricks, I'm reminded all the time of things I did, Pubs I went to, people I met but don't remember. Being accused does not make one guilty. Evidence within a court of law does

It's easy to get carried along the tabloid bandwagon. My mind is open until prosecutions say otherwise. I also don't think it helps by playing the guessing game, despite past offences

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1409187 wrote: Of course he went ape. Memory can play tricks, I'm reminded all the time of things I did, Pubs I went to, people I met but don't remember. Being accused does not make one guilty. Evidence within a court of law does

It's easy to get carried along the tabloid bandwagon. My mind is open until prosecutions say otherwise. I also don't think it helps by playing the guessing game, despite past offences
Although I am burning to know who the other 6 are facing arrest, I have to agree with you that many will be guilty by association. I wonder If it's fair to wreck their careers and possibly private lives by arrests where no convictions follow.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1409193 wrote: Although I am burning to know who the other 6 are facing arrest, I have to agree with you that many will be guilty by association. I wonder If it's fair to wreck their careers and possibly private lives by arrests where no convictions follow.

Remember that actor from Corry ? Plastered all over the front pages and I doubt he got an apology

Winston Churchill
abbey

Post by abbey »

oscar;1409037 wrote: The Irony Is that big bad Nick as you put It was right all along about the Asian grooming scandal and the further Irony Is he was 100 % right about the BBC.

When Panarama decided to do the expose on Nick last year and Nick decided to turn the tables on the BBC, he challenged them about cover up's In the organisation that allowed convicted killers and child abusers to work In the BBC organisation. Last year, most probably thought here we go again, another defence tactic... But he was right all along... again... hypocrisy, double standards and cover up's In the BBC have helped Savile abuse children for decades...

Griffin may be a grade A pillock at times but he's an extremely well educated pillock who does his research !!Maybe if he had been more credible people would have listened and not have seen it for what it was, him trying to deflect.
Oscar Namechange

abbey;1409197 wrote: Maybe if he had been more credible people would have listened and not have seen it for what it was, him trying to deflect. Nick Is an extremely defensive person along with slightly paranoid and suspicious of strangers I agree.... but then he's had decades of being attacked. I know It's very hard to believe but his hearts In the right place.... I like him.

Attached files
abbey

Post by abbey »

oscar;1409199 wrote: Nick Is an extremely defensive person along with slightly paranoid and suspicious of strangers I agree.... but then he's had decades of being attacked. I know It's very hard to believe but his hearts In the right place.... I like him.Each to there own!

I happen to live in the town that the girls who were molested live and I saw 1st hand the way he works.
abbey

Post by abbey »

It seems to me that the police are going after anyone that they're sure of a conviction ie Gary Gltter, they can't touch Saville so have to bring a conviction about to save face.

I just find it incredible that 400+ people have now come forward with these allegations,

Christ, at one stage I was questioning whether he'd molested me! :-3
Oscar Namechange

abbey;1409200 wrote: Each to there own!

I happen to live in the town that the girls who were molested live and I saw 1st hand the way he works. I don't profess he's an angel. But then I've witnessed first hand the hostility, baiting, goading, press Intrusion and even death threats to his family along with down right lies by the gutter press such as the News Of The World....He's defensive for good reason sometimes.

At the end of the day, he's a politician.... they all have their own agenda to get elected and re-elected.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Snowfire;1409196 wrote: Remember that actor from Corry ? Plastered all over the front pages and I doubt he got an apology

Len Fairclough, Peter Adamson

He has just died.

I think it better to wait and see what the police find.

A few names of 'strange' people are coming up, don't know if it because they are strange people or the public has got then sussed as what they are.

It's very easy to say now that Savile ,on reflection, was a bit weird.

By the same yardstick I could name a lot more than ten strange or creepy celebs.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1409220 wrote: Len Fairclough, Peter Adamson

He has just died.

I think it better to wait and see what the police find.

A few names of 'strange' people are coming up, don't know if it because they are strange people or the public has got then sussed as what they are.

It's very easy to say now that Savile ,on reflection, was a bit weird.

By the same yardstick I could name a lot more than ten strange or creepy celebs.

There was another Corrie star who went through the same recently:

Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell, who plays Kevin Webster, denies sexual offence on teenage girl | Metro.co.uk

When I was about 12/13 years old I babysat for a couple. He was the editor of Jackie magazine and his wife was a dancer who did ' Saturday Night at The Palladium' with people like Bruce Forsythe etc etc.... anyway, she told me there was one household name who was apparently an absolute menace with the young dancers and they all had a pact that they accompanied each other to dressing rooms so they were never alone with him.
Oscar Namechange

abbey;1409201 wrote: It seems to me that the police are going after anyone that they're sure of a conviction ie Gary Gltter, they can't touch Saville so have to bring a conviction about to save face.

I just find it incredible that 400+ people have now come forward with these allegations,

Christ, at one stage I was questioning whether he'd molested me! :-3

Just as we thought It couldn't get any worse, It does:

Jimmy Savile scandal: 3 doctors 'collaborated in the abuse' with one 'helping select child patients to rape' | Mail Online

Allegedly doctors collaborated with Savile for him to rape young patients In hospitals. One doctor being Investigated had already been jailed for child abuse.

It's quite logical that Savile's vast amounts of wealth may have greased the palms of those who gave him the keys to wards and patients rooms....

The ridiculous part now Is why so much silence?
abbey

Post by abbey »

oscar;1409256 wrote: Just as we thought It couldn't get any worse, It does:

Jimmy Savile scandal: 3 doctors 'collaborated in the abuse' with one 'helping select child patients to rape' | Mail Online

Allegedly doctors collaborated with Savile for him to rape young patients In hospitals. One doctor being Investigated had already been jailed for child abuse.

It's quite logical that Savile's vast amounts of wealth may have greased the palms of those who gave him the keys to wards and patients rooms....

The ridiculous part now Is why so much silence?One of the replies :wah:

Do we have to be shown Saviles vile face every day , I`m pretty sure most people know what the freak looked like .

- Billy Middle England , Solihull, United Kingdom, 29/10/
Oscar Namechange

abbey;1409266 wrote: One of the replies :wah: I have to agree with him but It's the wider picture that needs exposing.

It's not just the case of a lone pervert. The more they dig the more they find people covering for him and those people should rightly be exposed.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1409224 wrote: There was another Corrie star who went through the same recently:

Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell, who plays Kevin Webster, denies sexual offence on teenage girl | Metro.co.uk

Thats the one I was refering to. There was no case to answer but he will have to live with the consequences of the allegations for life, while the tabloids just shrug their shoulders and move on to the next front page headline. Mud sticks as they say

Winston Churchill
abbey

Post by abbey »

This should keep the buggars away tonight :wah:

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

abbey;1409421 wrote: This should keep the buggars away tonight :wah:

That is excellent :wah:
abbey

Post by abbey »

So his estate has now been froze as his "Victims" are threatening to sue.. Quelle surprise!
Oscar Namechange

Freddie Star has been arrested

Freddie Starr arrested by Jimmy Savile police "on suspicion of sexual offences" - Mirror Online
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I guess it's true what they say about it only taking one person speaking up. Look at how many folks apparently thought they were the only one and no one would believe them.:thinking:

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1409540 wrote: Freddie Star has been arrested

Freddie Starr arrested by Jimmy Savile police "on suspicion of sexual offences" - Mirror Online

but not charged - we wait to see if the police want to do more than talk to him.
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1409682 wrote: but not charged - we wait to see if the police want to do more than talk to him.

If he says It didn't happen. the CPS will have a very difficult case to prove. With Savile dead, It's the woman's word against Star's.... very difficult and I can't see the CPS persuing It.

Return to “Current Events”