And So FG Trundles On ...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Peter Lake;1412650 wrote: Thank you Jones, differences can so easily be calmed if the people are willing to talk and the admin allow people to put their side of the coin so others know exactly where they're at instead of reading between the lines and second guessing for that's when forums descend into a farce. Respect can be gained by frank talking instead of bitterness that one is getting a raw deal. Perhaps this can be the end of this now and we can all move on? I hope so.

Amen to that Brother!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I like Peter too, jj
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1412652 wrote: I like Peter too, jj

Oooooooooooooooooooooh you so norty!!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

You Wish!
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1412654 wrote: You Wish!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! Betcha are!! :-4
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

What makes me laugh is Patsy has moved on, she's tried several times to ignore all the ****, but how is she repaid, by some people just banging on and on and on and on. I've asked you stop it, it carries on, Bryn has said it needs to stop, it carries on. There's debate and there's clogging up every thread with post after post after post. Debate means stating an opinion and discussing it, it does not in any way involve mocking another member, no matter how bizarre you think their opinion may be. You should be picking apart the words, fair enough you double guess someone and tell them that's what you think regarding what they said but once they've come back in to try and explain themselves further and tell you that your perception is not what they actually meant then its time to leave it, you don't keep coming back in and going on and on about it.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Betty Boop;1412660 wrote: What makes me laugh is Patsy has moved on, she's tried several times to ignore all the ****, but how is she repaid, by some people just banging on and on and on and on. I've asked you stop it, it carries on, Bryn has said it needs to stop, it carries on. There's debate and there's clogging up every thread with post after post after post. Debate means stating an opinion and discussing it, it does not in any way involve mocking another member, no matter how bizarre you think their opinion may be. You should be picking apart the words, fair enough you double guess someone and tell them that's what you think regarding what they said but once they've come back in to try and explain themselves further and tell you that your perception is not what they actually meant then its time to leave it, you don't keep coming back in and going on and on about it. Yet here you are dragging it all up again. Patsy only moved on after this thread was posted and posts exchanged but regardless, it HAS been resolved and everyone has moved on so let's leave it here please. Patsy's happy, Jones and i are happy, everyone else is happy. There's no need to rake this through the coals again.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Really Betty? Read that thread again and tell me she didn't repeatedly say how tired, dull skinned, bad haired and old Hillary Clinton LOOKS. Clinton's appearance was a major factor in every post.

My replies were in the same vein. I disagree that Clinton looks bad and I disagree that she's too old and tired to stay in politics. Then JJ gets involved, starts this thread and then has the gall to threaten anyone that dares to disagree with Patsy. His comment about being a street fighter or whatever the term he used was most certainly a threat and a perfect example of bullying.

Her posts have always been filled with snide little remarks yet when someone confronts her about it, PM traffic seems to increase and she gets someone to champion her. It's fine for her to "mock" others but then cries to admin when it comes back on her.

As I said, I've got her on ignore so this won't be a problem in the future but I'd appreciate it if you'd treat the rest of the forum with the same consideration you're showing her.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I love your cat picture. That silly beautiful baby! Is this your cat, snooze? I love when they do something clumsy & look embarrassed.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeAgain;1412634 wrote: Sorry but Patsy's no more of a 'lady' than I am.
You're a lady alright. I should know. I've seen your nipple. :yh_glasse
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Accountable;1412680 wrote: You're a lady alright. I should know. I've seen your nipple. :yh_glasse Just the one?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Peter Lake;1412681 wrote: Just the one?
So far.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

SnoozeAgain;1412676 wrote: Really Betty? Read that thread again and tell me she didn't repeatedly say how tired, dull skinned, bad haired and old Hillary Clinton LOOKS. Clinton's appearance was a major factor in every post.

My replies were in the same vein. I disagree that Clinton looks bad and I disagree that she's too old and tired to stay in politics. Then JJ gets involved, starts this thread and then has the gall to threaten anyone that dares to disagree with Patsy. His comment about being a street fighter or whatever the term he used was most certainly a threat and a perfect example of bullying.

Her posts have always been filled with snide little remarks yet when someone confronts her about it, PM traffic seems to increase and she gets someone to champion her. It's fine for her to "mock" others but then cries to admin when it comes back on her.

As I said, I've got her on ignore so this won't be a problem in the future but I'd appreciate it if you'd treat the rest of the forum with the same consideration you're showing her.
Do you think it is going for the cat in its reflection?:yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Sorry, but why should i sit back and ignore this post in the thread on Hilary? Jones believed Patsy had been done a misjustice and i tried in a rational manner to talk it through with him and point out that all is not as it seems sometimes. It was over and done with until Betty came back and insisted Patsy had moved on, well i beg to differ. Patsy apparently has not moved on as this post has appeared long after this thread had died down.

OMG

There's a lynching in the Garden..! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

That's not the actions of someone who's moved on especially when it's Patsy who insists that the thread is there to discuss Hilary only. I can't see any point of this comment in a thread about Hilary Clinton other than to bait again especially after the insistence she's moved on. I'll go further to suggest the post may be an attempt to continue trouble that long since died down, that's just my observations here not bullying or attacking.

Patsy, if you genuinely feel bullied, then remember, when a child continue's to poke the bear through the bars of the cage at the zoo, the bear when he gets a paw free and takes the kids head off gets the blame. Worse, when the bear is blamed, the kid goes back just for one last poke just for good measure.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

That reply was to Hillary thread - I have every right to reply to the lynching mob after the dust settled.

Move ON - you and several others keep kicking the dust back up - poking & poking.

Peter - please give me your definition of Bullying?

You & others jump from thread to thread for one more insult - just one more.

I took your advice and asked nicely to stop.

FG has rules - FG has rules for a reason and I beleve they apply to every one.

Lets start with snooze in this thread -

Snooze jump from thread to thread looking for Patsy

Snooze states she has me on ignore - But she just could not resist one more insult.

Snooze said - Patsy's not a lady - than what is Patsy - a slut ?

I'd like the moderators to have snooze explain

Let me know if you see bullying - or if this is just UK fun..

Betty Boop states to stop - somewhat repremands you Peter -

you quickly back paddle - she's happy - we're all happy all resolved.. Yeah !

I find it admirable of you to fly in as Oscar's big brother - baiting me - baiting me.

Insulting me - your story of the person on the sidewalk you pass by. You didn't think I passed you by.?

You couldn't resist telling the Oscar scenario - please if your going to tell the story - don't leave out the good details. Oscar was a difficlt member - all is aware of that.

Correct me if I'm wrong - I believe FG has a 3 strike system here - or use to.

So I report Oscar - were there 2 prior reports before mine?

Oscar was also booted from FG - and FG allowed her to return.

All this and I asked nicely to stop -

Don't explain to me all stick poking

So - should I report snooze for harassing me - calling me a slut - insults?

Is this bullying - see I need it explained..?

I'm taking your advice to talk everything out man to man up front & honest

work all the wrinkles out advice..

If you can't define bullying - perhaps a moderator can define bullying .

Thank You

Patsy
gmc

Post by gmc »

Peter Lake;1412671 wrote: Yet here you are dragging it all up again. Patsy only moved on after this thread was posted and posts exchanged but regardless, it HAS been resolved and everyone has moved on so let's leave it here please. Patsy's happy, Jones and i are happy, everyone else is happy. There's no need to rake this through the coals again.

You can't all be happy why does everybody want to be happy? some of you need to be sleepy,(got to be snoozagain I suppose) grumpy, sneezy, doc, bashful and somebody has got to be dopey and I refuse to make any suggestions.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

gmc;1412711 wrote: You can't all be happy why does everybody want to be happy? some of you need to be sleepy,(got to be snoozagain I suppose) grumpy, sneezy, doc, bashful and somebody has got to be dopey and I refuse to make any suggestions.

:yh_wave:yh_pray

I'll be Dopey..

:yh_sungla
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

YZGI;1412714 wrote: :yh_wave:yh_pray

I'll be Dopey..

:yh_sungla
No, you're Silly!
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Oscar was not a difficult member, she IS a member however you view her. I glean from that comment that you seem to think Oscar hasn't posted since you reported her post because she's been stopped in some way so i'll just clear that one up for you. Oscar has been in and out of hospital for the past month with a serious health issue and was due back in hospital for more surgery yesterday but she cancelled because she felt too unwell to go through with another distressing procedure, against my advice i must add. She is also preparing for a large family Christmas with a very young member of her family about to give birth any day now. On top of all that, she has been working as a stand in for a brain damaged young adult which means she has to get up at 5 in the morning. She's unwell, very tired and she has other priorities other than forum garden and she'll return when she's feeling better.

I have had many years experience as a moderator on forums that have seen fights far, far worse than here. This thread had the possibility of inflaming the situation even further and while you're quick to accuse me of acting like Oscar's big brother, what exactly do you think Jones was doing by posting this thread for you or has that escaped your logic? I didn't post this thread so directing your anger at me rather than questioning the problems the thread has caused by it's posting is misdirected. What i have tried to do here is diffuse a situation before it got out of hand and i have been perfectly polite and civil in the process. In my experience as a moderator on forums where ego's clash, i try not to be blinkered , not take sides and look at both sides points. The highlighting of your reported post of Oscar's was because if anyone is going to make a judgement, then they should all be in possession of all of the facts and not half of them, after all, that's a fair and unbiased way of diffusing a situation isn't it or are you saying you'd prefer members only to hear one side? If my posts in this thread had fired the situation further i could understand your offence but they didn't. Far from it, we behaved like adults resolving the problem of this thread very quickly while it was you who chose to continue causing trouble with another comment in the Hilary thread and i get the impression that while you are acting like you're the victim here, you continue to poke which makes anyone wonder if you're actually enjoying causing further problems. If you don't like what i'm saying here then question the intention of why this thread was posted and not because someone dares to have an opinion in it. Just because Betty chooses to enter the thread long after the issue has been resolved to reprimand as you put it does not go without saying that she's right. Far from it, the thread had run it's course and one person seeing only your viewpoint does not make it right.

Snooze did not call you a slut and you're putting words into her mouth. She said you were no more a lady than she was. so if she's saying you're a slut, then she's a slut isn't she?

Bullying is the use of force or coercion to abuse or intimidate others. You have abused throughout the Hilary thread with snide comments intended as bait. Reporting posts where there is no substance, as it was agreed in the members room is a form of bullying as you intended coercion of moderators and action to be taken against Oscar when it was you who kept coming back at her.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Peter Lake;1412716 wrote: Oscar was not a difficult member, she IS a member however you view her. I glean from that comment that you seem to think Oscar hasn't posted since you reported her post because she's been stopped in some way so i'll just clear that one up for you. Oscar has been in and out of hospital for the past month with a serious health issue and was due back in hospital for more surgery yesterday but she cancelled because she felt too unwell to go through with another distressing procedure, against my advice i must add. She is also preparing for a large family Christmas with a very young member of her family about to give birth any day now. On top of all that, she has been working as a stand in for a brain damaged young adult which means she has to get up at 5 in the morning. She's unwell, very tired and she has other priorities other than forum garden and she'll return when she's feeling better.

I have had many years experience as a moderator on forums that have seen fights far, far worse than here. This thread had the possibility of inflaming the situation even further and while you're quick to accuse me of acting like Oscar's big brother, what exactly do you think Jones was doing by posting this thread for you or has that escaped your logic? I didn't post this thread so directing your anger at me rather than questioning the problems the thread has caused by it's posting is misdirected. What i have tried to do here is diffuse a situation before it got out of hand and i have been perfectly polite and civil in the process. In my experience as a moderator on forums where ego's clash, i try not to be blinkered , not take sides and look at both sides points. The highlighting of your reported post of Oscar's was because if anyone is going to make a judgement, then they should all be in possession of all of the facts and not half of them, after all, that's a fair and unbiased way of diffusing a situation isn't it or are you saying you'd prefer members only to hear one side? If my posts in this thread had fired the situation further i could understand your offence but they didn't. Far from it, we behaved like adults resolving the problem of this thread very quickly while it was you who chose to continue causing trouble with another comment in the Hilary thread and i get the impression that while you are acting like you're the victim here, you continue to poke which makes anyone wonder if you're actually enjoying causing further problems. If you don't like what i'm saying here then question the intention of why this thread was posted and not because someone dares to have an opinion in it. Just because Betty chooses to enter the thread long after the issue has been resolved to reprimand as you put it does not go without saying that she's right. Far from it, the thread had run it's course and one person seeing only your viewpoint does not make it right.

Snooze did not call you a slut and you're putting words into her mouth.

Bullying is the use of force or coercion to abuse or intimidate others. You have abused throughout the Hilary thread with snide comments intended as bait. Reporting posts where there is no substance, as it was agreed in the members room is a form of bullying.

Just a point, that did not happen in the members room, Patsy reported it as advised by another member, there are those of us that say it is YOU and Oscar that are poke poke poke, others think it's Patsy, the fact that you cannot leave it alone speaks volumes.

Now is time to LEAVE IT ALONE. Put Patsy on ignore please on both the accounts.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Betty Boop;1412717 wrote: Just a point, that did not happen in the members room, Patsy reported it as advised by another member, there are those of us that say it is YOU and Oscar that are poke poke poke, others think it's Patsy, the fact that you cannot leave it alone speaks volumes.

Now is time to LEAVE IT ALONE. Put Patsy on ignore please on both the accounts. I totally disagree with you. Patsy comes back to the Hilary thread with another snide dig and Patsy returns here to argue some more yet WE should put Patsy on ignore? Are you saying Patsy has full permission to continue posting on the subject while i can't and further more, i should not even see what's being said? It wasn't a case of my not leaving it alone for it was you who chose to fan the flames further long after the thread had died down, i think you'll recall, it was me who asked you to leave it alone last night. Patsy in her post to me has asked for straight talking, why can't you respect her wishes? I have responded to Patsy for her question as to why i raised the reported post, surely i can answer or is this a totalitarian forum where moderators are not open to discussion? If Patsy would like to resolve the issue here as i did with Jones then that's her choice, i am sure she's intelligent enough to do that for herself.

Just a thought here but did you not notice Flopstock's comment or did you choose to ignore that one ? If you're going to have principles Betty then stick to them. Further more and finally, after all that was said here, the thread was posted with the intention of belittling those who disagreed with Patsy and you chose to attack me last night rather than the intention of the thread by picking apart my words in a further attempt to belittle me. You need to take a step back and look at your own hand in this.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Come on now Sir Peter ... I'm sure that Oscar has the best wishes of all on FG for a speedy recovery from her health problems. We are all compassionate earthlings here and will never ever wish anything but the best for an ill member and you can take that to her.

Quite frankly, I'm rather annoyed with myself for putting up this thread cos it seems to be causing such a division in the ranks of the members of Forum Garden.

So can I ask you to walk away from this "And So FG Trundles On" thread and perhaps post another far less confrontational one yourself? I promise in future to think more and to choose a more laid back topic before I just rush in where angels fear to tread?

Its the season to be jolly they say and besides, we only have a week left!!!
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Just an FYI... when I say "lady", I mean someone like Chonsi or Tabby that would never consider getting into an online brawl, never post snide comments in the hopes they'll go undetected by admin and is just a general delight to be around. I included myself in the comment "Patsy's no more of a lady than I am" because I'm obviously not as evolved as either Chonsi or Tabby. How in the hell someone would read that as "slut" is puzzling.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

jones jones;1412722 wrote: Come on now Sir Peter ... I'm sure that Oscar has the best wishes of all on FG for a speedy recovery from her health problems. We are all compassionate earthlings here and will never ever wish anything but the best for an ill member and you can take that to her.

Quite frankly, I'm rather annoyed with myself for putting up this thread cos it seems to be causing such a division in the ranks of the members of Forum Garden.

So can I ask you to walk away from this "And So FG Trundles On" thread and perhaps post another far less confrontational one yourself? I promise in future to think more and to choose a more laid back topic before I just rush in where angels fear to tread?

Its the season to be jolly they say and besides, we only have a week left!!! Thank you for your good wishes Jones and i'll pass them on to my little rottweiler. I am sure Patsy and myself bear no grudges, i just happen to speak as i find. She asked me some questions and i answered them as politely as i could.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

SnoozeAgain;1412724 wrote: Just an FYI... when I say "lady", I mean someone like Chonsi or Tabby that would never consider getting into an online brawl, never post snide comments in the hopes they'll go undetected by admin and is just a general delight to be around. I included myself in the comment "Patsy's no more of a lady than I am" because I'm obviously not as evolved as either Chonsi or Tabby. How in the hell someone would read that as "slut" is puzzling.

You forgot "Wisey" in the highly evolved part of your post. No worries, I am very forgiving, most of us highly evolved usually are.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

YZGI;1412726 wrote: You forgot "Wisey" in the highly evolved part of your post. No worries, I am very forgiving, most of us highly evolved usually are.

Oh man, you're right! I've never seen you get rude on here either... other than some innuendos here and there. :P
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Right, now the bears woken up and got her paw through the bars....

Naturally i am biased here but I must say I think my husband has done a damn fine job at calming the waters here and I resent the Implication that he Is stirring the pot further. Peter Is an exceptionally fair man and he probably thought It was fair that Patsy's further dig In the Hilary thread was discussed. Why should It not be raised when accusations are being thrown around here? To come In and pick apart Peter's words while by-passing other loaded comments makes the critism of Peter seem biased and If anything, rather than Peter attacking Patsy, he Is the one being attacked by a moderator. He hasn't been rude, he hasn't Insulted anyone, all he's done Is laid down all sides of the story. JJ has agreed with him and no-one else has complained.

I now see exactly his point earlier where he said that resentment and bitterness fester because one feels they have been hard done by and the other doesn't get chance to their their say.

This forum decided tot have light moderation. That doesn't mean, you get to Insult and bait someone with light moderation but expect heavy editing when they come back at you.

Yes, I'm biased but I think Peter's has done a sterling job here and It's why he's so respected as a moderator on his forum. Peter did what the moderators should have done here, he calmed the situation not Inflamed It further. If anyone finds fault In what he has reasoned here, then they should look to their own motives.

Patsy.... It's over... you've had your say and we've had ours. There's no need to harbour any grudges and It's actually quite refreshing to see you and Peter speaking your minds and we can all move on. I wish you and everyone else a lovely Christmas.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Remember back in the old days when people would post cutesy animal photos in threads that had heated up with the theory that everyone would look at the cute photos and calm down? It never worked but:

Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

What outcome would be most beneficial to moderators and all concerned? Jones came here because he felt a friend had been given a raw deal. By straight talking with no insults being needed to be traded, Jones and i have shared a virtual gentleman's handshake and gained a mutual respect for each other. Patsy has posted a gracious and charming message on my profile of which i have replied and instead of grudges and resentment, everyone's friends.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

SnoozeAgain;1412746 wrote: Remember back in the old days when people would post cutesy animal photos in threads that had heated up with the theory that everyone would look at the cute photos and calm down? It never worked but:

All I see id fried chicken and rabbit stew.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

What about my gracious message, Peter? Huh? Huh?
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

SnoozeAgain;1412749 wrote: What about my gracious message, Peter? Huh? Huh? From me or Patsy ?
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

YZGI;1412748 wrote: All I see id fried chicken and rabbit stew. Peasant.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Peter Lake;1412751 wrote: From me or Patsy ?

The one I left for you. I was weeping when I wrote it, it was so beautiful.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

SnoozeAgain;1412753 wrote: The one I left for you. I was weeping when I wrote it, it was so beautiful. :yh_rotfl I've got you now. I was slow there but that was clever, very clever. :wah:
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

SnoozeAgain;1412753 wrote: The one I left for you. I was weeping when I wrote it, it was so beautiful.

That made me tear up also.... From laughing.
tabby

Post by tabby »

SnoozeAgain;1412724 wrote: Just an FYI... when I say "lady", I mean someone like Chonsi or Tabby that would never consider getting into an online brawl, never post snide comments in the hopes they'll go undetected by admin and is just a general delight to be around. I included myself in the comment "Patsy's no more of a lady than I am" because I'm obviously not as evolved as either Chonsi or Tabby. How in the hell someone would read that as "slut" is puzzling.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Snooze! I try to stay out of the fracases although I imagine a little online bitch-slapping would feel good at times.

Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Kung fu kitties!
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Peter Lake;1412752 wrote: Peasant.

I din't even notice a pheasant...
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I had pheasant breast once in a small pub near Lechlade. When I ordered it, the waiter erased it from the chalkboard. I worried a little that it might be roadkill, but it tasted good.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1412735 wrote: Right, now the bears woken up and got her paw through the bars....

Naturally i am biased here but I must say I think my husband has done a damn fine job at calming the waters here and I resent the Implication that he Is stirring the pot further. Peter Is an exceptionally fair man and he probably thought It was fair that Patsy's further dig In the Hilary thread was discussed. Why should It not be raised when accusations are being thrown around here? To come In and pick apart Peter's words while by-passing other loaded comments makes the critism of Peter seem biased and If anything, rather than Peter attacking Patsy, he Is the one being attacked by a moderator. He hasn't been rude, he hasn't Insulted anyone, all he's done Is laid down all sides of the story. JJ has agreed with him and no-one else has complained.

I now see exactly his point earlier where he said that resentment and bitterness fester because one feels they have been hard done by and the other doesn't get chance to their their say.

This forum decided tot have light moderation. That doesn't mean, you get to Insult and bait someone with light moderation but expect heavy editing when they come back at you.

Yes, I'm biased but I think Peter's has done a sterling job here and It's why he's so respected as a moderator on his forum. Peter did what the moderators should have done here, he calmed the situation not Inflamed It further. If anyone finds fault In what he has reasoned here, then they should look to their own motives.

Patsy.... It's over... you've had your say and we've had ours. There's no need to harbour any grudges and It's actually quite refreshing to see you and Peter speaking your minds and we can all move on. I wish you and everyone else a lovely Christmas.

Thank you for my biggest belly laugh of the day.

Yes, I have requested light moderation but that is no excuse for riding roughshod over the requests of the moderators. Peter's responses to Betty's and my requests to back off have been nothing short of insulting.

Peter's summations of events have been biased in the extreme and his apparent need to have the last word in these "discussions" does him no credit.

If I, as a moderator, had allowed a situation to get so far out of control as to require Police intervention then I would resign - he certainly would not be welcome as a moderator here.

Every timeI have had to absent myself from the Garden in recent months I have returned to find trouble centered around the pair of you. It has gone far enough and I require some peace - a week to be preceise.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

jones jones;1412513 wrote: Okay then I, The Chosen, in the spirit of Christmas and seeing as we all have only nine days left to live, if we're to believe those Mayan dudes, hereby humbly apologise to all those FG members I have either annoyed/upset/belittled/flirted with or in any other way made their life a misery. Please forgive me!What if, in fact, the world does end before six days time?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Oh, please, someone say something nasty about someone else. I've just finished the last of my wine and I doubt very much that I'll remember anything I've said a week ago, let alone the next time I read this.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

K.Snyder;1412792 wrote: What if, in fact, the world does end before six days time?

Did you mean does end or doesn't end? :thinking:
gmc

Post by gmc »

Looks like you; have to fight for the part of grumpy.

Go on don't laugh I dare you to try.

The Laughing Policeman - Charles Jolly / Penrose - YouTube

Nowadays he'd probably be done for making fun of the police.

Posted by snooze again

What if, in fact, the world does end before six days time? #

Then I'll be right and i will be able to set up my own ministry and have people send me money. Does anyone know anyone that actually believes it?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Lady J;1412794 wrote: Did you mean does end or doesn't end? :thinking:My question was in response to what I found to be an obviously sarcastic post. Sarcasm in the sense that so many people have made claims of "the world ending" yet no one seems willing to openly discuss the possibility of such endings in a reasonable and rational way, notably in one specific arena designed primarily to reach a conclusion that everyone agrees upon.

The reason for that highlights one's attempt to remain rational, it's just that they do so at the expense of salvaging their reputation, or the bits of it they have left.

Return to “General Chit Chat”