Tramp Stamps.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
jones jones

Tramp Stamps.

Post by jones jones »

I have no tattoos or body piercings so I don't know or understand why anyone as beautiful as this young lady would do this to her body.

She is the owner of a tattoo shop called LA Ink ...

(See First Reply)
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Tramp Stamps.

Post by jones jones »

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Mustang

Tramp Stamps.

Post by Mustang »

It's the career path she chose. Kat does excellent body art.
jones jones

Tramp Stamps.

Post by jones jones »

Mustang;1437656 wrote: It's the career path she chose. Kat does excellent body art.

Yeah I understand the career choice and the great body art ... but that still doesn't answer my question.
Mustang

Tramp Stamps.

Post by Mustang »

She had a program on TV about LA Ink. Each of her tats is relevant to her. One on her shoulder is of her mother. I guess she tells her history through her body art. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think it takes away from her beauty.
jones jones

Tramp Stamps.

Post by jones jones »

Mustang;1437658 wrote: She had a program on TV about LA Ink. Each of her tats is relevant to her. One on her shoulder is of her mother. I guess she tells her history through her body art. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think it takes away from her beauty.

I've seen her show on TV ... There are many ways to remember/celebrate your family. Of course it is her body and she can use/abuse it as she desires. To me it certainly does detract from her beauty and in twenty maybe thirty years time when she's a granny ... well.
tude dog

Tramp Stamps.

Post by tude dog »

Mustang;1437658 wrote: I don't think it takes away from her beauty.

I don't see where it enhances her beauty at all. In fact I find it a distraction and ugly.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Wandrin

Tramp Stamps.

Post by Wandrin »

Before the current fad, if you asked someone about their tattoo the story always seemed to begin, "Well, a few of us were out drinking..."
Mustang

Tramp Stamps.

Post by Mustang »

tude dog;1437665 wrote: I don't see where it enhances her beauty at all. In fact I find it a distraction and ugly.

Then don't look at her. :rolleyes:
LarsMac

Tramp Stamps.

Post by LarsMac »

Wandrin;1437668 wrote: Before the current fad, if you asked someone about their tattoo the story always seemed to begin, "Well, a few of us were out drinking..."

That's pretty much how my tatt story begins.

Same with my earring

and my gold tooth.

and,...

well, ..., nevermind
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Tramp Stamps.

Post by tude dog »

Mustang;1437669 wrote: Then don't look at her. :rolleyes:

To late,

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
fuzzywuzzy

Tramp Stamps.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

You always have to remember when a man gets a tatt of a naked woman.............When you're sixty your tatt is going to need a 'boob job'. lol lol lol

Can't stand tatts, or piecings... I fad that got out of control.
fuzzywuzzy

Tramp Stamps.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

And yes she is gorgeous

As wallpaper.
valerie

Tramp Stamps.

Post by valerie »

In my book, she's not attractive and neither is her body art.

I've seen extremely few tattoos that I ever did think were

nice looking.

I saw a bride one time at a beach wedding, beautiful flowing

gown, hair nicely done, what the heck is that on her arm and neck?

Get closer, tattoos. They just look dirty and trashy to me.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

fuzzywuzzy

Tramp Stamps.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

The only tatts I like are the maori ones and it's done for very different reasons to western thought. Identification to tribe, mokos etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C4%81_moko
LarsMac

Tramp Stamps.

Post by LarsMac »

My neighbor got some really interesting tattoos when she was young and riding with a biker club out of New Orleans.

She now has great grandkids. More than once, one of them has brought friends around, with the line, "Grandma! Can 'Jimmie' see your tattoos?"
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Snooz

Tramp Stamps.

Post by Snooz »

valerie;1437679 wrote: In my book, she's not attractive and neither is her body art.

I've seen extremely few tattoos that I ever did think were

nice looking.

I saw a bride one time at a beach wedding, beautiful flowing

gown, hair nicely done, what the heck is that on her arm and neck?

Get closer, tattoos. They just look dirty and trashy to me.

I agree completely but you and I are "of a certain age."

Although I have seen a few I thought were nice. I like Rihanna's stars although I'm not a fan of facial tattoos and I've seen very small birds flocking on someone's shoulder. But ultimately, what's the significance? Why get a permanent drawing of a freaking cartoon character that you're stuck with for the rest of your life. Is the Tazmanian Devil really that meaningful to you? And the date of your wedding (that probably won't last longer than a decade)? Just seems stupid to me.

And I definitely don't find her attractive, tats or not.
Chloe_88

Tramp Stamps.

Post by Chloe_88 »

I wouldn't have so much done, but I love Kat's art. It her way of expressing herself and it's her art. It's not for everybody but it is for her. I think it suits her and her personality.

I took my belly piercing out yesterday, as it has been in there for almost 10 years. It was growing out and not much skin left keeping it in place. I tossed my cookies almost every morning as the flannel would catch on the piercing.

So I decided enough is enough and i took it out. I still almost get psyically ill if i rub my belly (thinking i'll catch it, eventhough it's not there anymore lol)

I thought of having it re-pierced in a few years time, but as for now i think it's more of a "teen thing", and my 25th birthday is coming up soon. So by the time it would have closed up, I think i'll of grow out of it. Never mind that in the mean time i feel naked, and every time i look down i see a "babies belly" ! :wah:

I was thinking of a nice tat.. My mum made every family member write us kids a letter, in 1 book, so we could remember them when they where gone. So has my grandad. But he always closed his letters with: Lots of love, Take care, Be lucky. xxx Grandad. (he died in 2007)

But for some reason that helped in the last couple of years going through the bad times. So i'm thinking, have been for some time, of having something like that tattooed (quite small) in his own handwriting. But i'm still thinking about that one.. (it don't have any tattoo's yet, and now only have 3 earring in each ear so i'm no art project either)
along-for-the-ride

Tramp Stamps.

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Pink ink: Tattoos transform mastectomy scars into beauty - TODAY.com

Opinions? If the woman involved chooses this, I think it's a fine idea.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
fuzzywuzzy

Tramp Stamps.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Maybe that's a new thread ?therapuetic and medical tattooing?

But there is another type of tattooing that I've seen 3D tatt's. I saw one and thought I wonder how many times this girl gets slapped across the neck from people thinking they are trying to flick a spider off her?
Oscar Namechange

Tramp Stamps.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

jones jones;1437654 wrote: I have no tattoos or body piercings

Old leather Is difficult to stitch at the best of times. :p

Tatoo'ing has been around since the dawn of civilisation. Most ancient tribes had some form of body art and piercings. Nothing has changed over the ages except man's perception of the body. Today, too much emphasis Is put on perfect flawless skin so yes, It's hard to understand why anyone would do that to themselves. Yet, centuries ago, that would be considered beautiful so It's not the tattoo's per say that's the problem but your perception of how the perfect body should be perceived.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... lmAztK-r-s

I have a tattoo which Is a reference to the Liptabulous... but then I don't give two shytes about other people's opinion of It.... I like It and the people who love me still love me.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “General Chit Chat”